Author Topic: The season 40 set  (Read 48826 times)

Offline Luke Stenftenagel

• Outside in Line
Re: The season 40 set
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 07:04:40 PM »
Yes.

Offline chad1m

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 07:05:32 PM »
My goodness, I love it! I bet that light strip will change colors throughout. The curtains resembling those from the 1990s is a great touch too. The "video wall," a major term of exaggeration, is a good upgrade too. Two thumbs up.

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 07:12:59 PM »
The only thing I don't like is that light strip going around the studio. Why was that necessary? Everything else looks great. Looking forward to seeing the doors, but I'll predict they haven't changed much judging by the square pattern still being shown on the screen in the back.

It's a little hard to tell if the logo in the corner has been "3D-ified", as another poster put it. If the June 2009 set remodels are any indication of what will be released, I'm sure there will be pictures coming out in the future that aren't as blurry so we can see some extra detail.

Tyler
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 07:21:01 PM »
EDIT: Just looked at the picture again.....maybe the camera angle is off or they haven't put them there yet, I'm not trying to panic, but.....Where are the G-T asterisks in front of Contestant's Row?

It's the angle. GT marks are a little further back on the stage.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 07:44:04 PM »
Wasn't Drew a semi-professional photographer at one point?  Why are his photos at TPiR always out of focus?

(Set looks good, by the way...  ;-))

Offline WheelzVatcher

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 07:50:15 PM »
Maybe because he's using his smartphone?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 07:52:48 PM »
I must be looking at a different picture than everyone else...this looks to me like the dumbest thing I've ever seen.  They might as well have installed monkey bars in the audience.

Maybe it'll look better on the air.  The new Turntable did, and the Showcase podiums...well, the new Turntable did.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:56:29 PM by SteveGavazzi »
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 07:56:18 PM »
Wasn't Drew a semi-professional photographer at one point?  Why are his photos at TPiR always out of focus?
He never has his good camera with him on the set.  :lol:

It's the angle. GT marks are a little further back on the stage.
Ok, I was thinking so, but couldn't believe they were so far out. This picture puts it in perspective for me.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:58:20 PM by thepriceis_J »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline mostpopular87

• In the Audience
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2011, 08:08:36 PM »
Love the set, including those old fashioned curtains from the Barker Era.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 08:11:31 PM »
Not a fan of those light strips. They seem pointless, and extremely out of place against the curtains...especially since the curtains seem to have reverted back to the late Barker-era look.  That tiny monitor back there was pointless...this new one is even more pointless. (And is that a monitor on the floor of the back camera platform? Seriously?)

I like the curtains themselves, though...they don't look quite as "plain" as the other ones.  They'd look better without all that crap all over them, though!
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 08:16:16 PM »
I have to agree with SteveG, Guint and cu - this looks like a downgrade at the moment, and the strip looks very out of place. One factor I think though is that there is no light at the moment since it's just rehearsal, so first impressions may be very different when the show is actually taping.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline DMWTD

• In the Audience
  • Showcase Multiplier!
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 08:26:22 PM »

Looks great! :)
Sorry for anything rude I've said in the past several months about the show and how they run things.

Offline kianworld

• In Contestant's Row
  • More of a lurker now.
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 08:43:32 PM »
I like this set. It's not messed up to me. Now I really want to go see TPiR.

Offline Drew72

• 5/2/2003
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • TPIR Alumnus
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011, 08:49:44 PM »
I love the new look!  The retro curtain colors now tie in with the one bid displays.  (Yes, the green one-bid is the exception but there's plenty of other green stuff on the stage.) I like the look of the light bar around the audience too.  It brings a modern look to the audience area and ties the whole studio together, assuming the lights will change color along with the ones on stage. 

I have to admit that the changes made to the set after the Barker era have all been for the positive, in my opinion.  I really appreciate the work they've done to clean up the overall look of the studio and yet keep the same "feel" that Price has had for years.

The current crew has done great job with the overall look of the show. 
Contestant - May 2, 2003 and played One Right Price - Won trips to Montreal and Mazatlan!

Offline WheelzVatcher

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 08:52:57 PM »
Whether we like it or not stages will be modernized. Take Wheel of Fortune for example. I think the show is doing it the right way. Its still The Price Is Right but the set looks like its from 2011 as it should!