Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/28/2006  (Read 12914 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/28/2006
« on: November 28, 2006, 02:59:38 PM »
Is it just me, or is the website being a bit stubborn today?

Production #3782K - Taped Oct. 2, 2006 (Late)

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: left to right
Handoff: Brandi

Models of the Day: Gwendolyn Osbourne, Rachel Reynolds and Brandi Sherwood
Wearing: Necessitees

1   5 Flowlab Flowboards (G)
NORMAN 650JAKE *700JENNIFER W. 550JENNIFER R. 651($887)

Jake, a laid-back Beach Bum, plays RANGE GAME for a Ford Focus SE Wagon (Std,, AT)(R)

Scale:$17,800-18,400
Range:$17,990-18,140
Price:$18,095   WIN!

2   Whirlpool Side-by-side Fridge/Freezer (B&R)
+Norman 1101STEPHANIE 1100+Jennifer W. *850+Jennifer R. 1000($999)

Jennifer W. plays LET EM ROLL for a Chevy Aveo LT (Std., AT)(G)($14,440)

LumaTweeze Lighted Tweezers$9.99
Jelly Belly Jelly Beans (bag)LOWER2.99*
(Udderly Smooth) Foot CreamHIGHER4.89*

THE ROLLS...

1.1 Car & $4500Banks 1
2.3 Cars & $500Banks 4
3.$1000LOSS

3   2 Schwinn His/Her Bicycles (B&R)
+Norman 850Stephanie *601ZACHARY 600+Jennifer R. 550($640)

Stephanie goes to a SWAP MEET

(Sony) VCR/DVD Recorder$   399
(1) Ashley Gleneagle Chest   399   WIN!
(2) Hippo His/Hers Golf Equipment   798   (Not Revealed)
(3) Largo Arbors Gathering Dining Group1595   (Not Revealed)

SHOWDOWN #1
$1,999Jennifer W.75 stay.75
3,831Stephanie10 + 95OV
18,982Jake65 + 30.95Through to Showcase Round

4   Funtek USA Heathbounce Trampoline (G)
+Norman 801AVERIL 800Zachary *650+Jennifer R. 600($795)

Zachary plays FLIP FLOP for a trip to Santa Fe, NM (6n @ Eldorado)(B&R)

Setup:54 17
Range:45 17
Price:$4571   LOSS

Remember that famous incident in Season 33? This time, after Zachary had "flipped", he hit the button. Perhaps he had something else in mind as he apologized to Barker. This time, however, he goes home emptyhanded, as is proper.

5   Murray Feiss Neoclassic Chandelier (from above)
+Norman 750Averil *951ALEXANDER 950=Jennifer R. 599($1259)

Averil plays CLIFF HANGERS for a Ragtime West Player Piano (B&G)($7500)

(GE) Digital Answering Machine$30$1515 to 15
Story Reader Video+3030Stays at 15
(Back to Basics) Breakfast Maker30399 to 24   WIN!

Another famous incident: the time when someone said a toy guitar was $850. He lost. Averil initially thought the answering machine was $250. Maybe it was in 1972, but not today. The audience guided her back to reality. Seems she liked 30 a lot.

Now, Norman and Jennifer R. would love to have faced Hans, but they are still standing in the Row. One or both is headed to the "First Four" Breakfast Club any moment now. Who will it be? Norman, holding the last bid, has the best chance of escaping.

6   Corona Gardening Equipment (R)
+Norman *501PHILIP 351Alexander 500+Jennifer R. 450($634)
STUPID BID

Jennifer R. heads off to the clubhouse while Norman plays for a Ford Ranger XL (Std., Wheels, Cruise, Tilt, AC, Stereo)(B)

Setup 31st Try[1][6] 8   5
7 72nd Try[1][6] 7   9
  •   LOSS   ($16,130)
  • 1 9 4
    3 8 3 0
    3 6 5 5 1
       1 0 78 6
    $2 4 0 1 9

SHOWDOWN #2Spinoff
    $634Norman60 + 55OV
    795Zachary25 + 40.65.40
    8,345Averil65 stay0.00.45Through to Showcase Round

SHOWCASE ROUND
    Jake has the honor.

SC1-AverilPRIZES THAT WILL HELP YOU IF YOU CAN'T DECIDE
    GA Systems Home Soda Fountain (B)
    Bowflex Extreme 2 Home Gym (G)
    Hi Lo Tow Lite Telescoping Travel Trailer (R)
    BID$17,000
    PRICE28,900
    DIFF- 11,900
    TOTAL$37,743
    SC2-Jakecarolinachair.com Elliott Living Room Group
    Magnussen Auburn Table Group
    Carpet One Carpeting
    Ghirardelli Chocolate (R)
    Trip to Zurich (6n @ Marriott)(B)
    BID   $18,500
    PRICE14,817
    DIFFOVER

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
    Total Winnings: $63,984

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
      • My Deal or No Deal recaps
    Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/28/2006
    « Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 03:06:24 PM »
    Bidding Round #1- #71, Jennifer, AND #72, Jennifer! Two of them! :-D

Bidding Round #2- #73, Stephanie! :-D

Flip Flop- These are the kind of things that are YouTube-worthy.

Cliff Hangers- What a win! Although, I think it's kind of unfair that Bob didn't let Averil say $250, but in the cookie cutter incident with Jessica a year or so ago, he just let it go.

Showcase- Good for Averil. She deserved it.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Averil.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Pretty fun show today. Wasn't overly spectacular, but it was fun... Grade: 3

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
    « Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 03:15:52 PM »
    I didn't catch much today (watching while eating lunch with some people...), but I did see two parts...

FLIP FLOP:  Saw it, but didn't hear it, and I didn't know exactly what happened.  Thanks Heels!  But when I viewed the clip...look at the eerie coincidence...

CLIFFY:  I did hear the $250 bid...wowzers.   But she recovered nicely.
    They can be close at the top, too.
    #42SP

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
      • My Deal or No Deal recaps
    « Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 03:17:03 PM »
    That's not eerie... it's just because that's probably the only other Flip Flop video on YouTube. ;-)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
    • TPiR Alumnus
    • One Dollar!
    « Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 03:29:57 PM »
    Range Game-Interesting to have a game that is not usually played for a car be played for one, then paired with a regular car game in the same half.  Anyway, that was a pretty good win there.

Let 'em Roll-Welcome back!  I would have bailed out with the $4,500.

Swap Meet-Man, what a cheap chest!

SCSD #1&2-Is it just me or did the Big Wheel's "boop" sound lower-pitched than it should be?

Flip Flop-I would also have thought $4,571.  I don't know if the hitting the reveal on Zachary's part was accidental or not, but why he did it in the first place is a mystery.

Cliff Hangers-Why did she bid $250 on that answering machine?  Anyway, I thought she would lose sticking with $30 like that, but it worked out!

Cover Up-The third and fourth digits were tricky, as always.  I never would have guessed the 1 would repeat in the price.

Showcases-Man is that second showcase low in value!  Nice use of "On Franches Mountains" for the trip to Switzerland!  Here are my bids/differences:

Random trailer-$28,000/900
    Random room/trip-$15,000/OVER.
    "Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
      • Let Me Be Franc!
    « Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 03:50:14 PM »
    What I DO find eerie, though ... the 2 guys kinda look alike. On that picture, at least, I haven't seen the show yet.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Icon by Gemma Moody
    « Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 04:01:20 PM »
    November 7, 2000

Honestly guys, today's Flip Flop had a lot more in common with this playing, as opposed to Season 33's contestant.  I'm not sure why you're all comparing him to Brenton, when he played it a lot more like Randolf did.

Speaking of Flip Flop, anyone else notice that it was flashing like mad when the game started?  I wonder if there was something wrong with it.  It didn't really look good.

Call me morbid, but I rather liked Jake's shirt !

Jennifer was completely likable, if not a bit odd.  Just kinda' went from excited one moment, to prim and proper the next.

And I do believe Bob may be right about the historic moment in Cliff Hangers.  I can't think of a time that's happened before, at least.  Anyone else?

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
    • TPiR Alumnus
      • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
    « Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 04:17:41 PM »
    Range Game - Fairly easy. It was nice to see it being played for a car.

Let 'em roll - She was so close. This is what I dont like about the game; yuo can have 4 cars and still end up with only $500 at the least.

Swap Meet - Easy

Flip Flop - Difficult. I wouldnt have known what to do.

Cliffhangers - ok playing but who buts a $250 answering machine?

Cover Up - Hard.

Showcases - Another $14,000 showcase. It was ince to see Averil win the showcase.

My Bids: $24,000/$4,000+ | $11,000/$3000+

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
    • A Man Without A Forum
      • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
    « Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 04:35:00 PM »
    PG #1:  Wow, Roger's been playing Range Game for cars quite a bit this season!

PG #2:  Hell, I would've taken the $4,500 instead of play for the ugly yellow Aveo.  And considering that she won $1,000 instead of the Aveo, can we still consider this a win?    :-D

PG #3:  Yeah, the Ashley chest was the only thing up there that looked cheap enough to be the same prices as the VCR/DVD combo.  And I don't recall ever seeing prizes under $400 in Swap Meet before.

One-Bid #4:  Girls on trampolines!  

PG #4:  Very tough.  Any of those three prices could've been right.  I was a little surprised that Zachary hit the button himself, but at least he registered a guess before doing so.  I was even more surprised that there was no buzzer after the correct price was revealed.

PG #5:  Is Averil the first contestant to guess the same price for all three Cliffy prizes?  I was afraid that toaster was gonna be $50, but she pulled off a nice win there.

SCSD #2:  Another beautiful solo spin from an older contestant.  :-)

Showcase #1:  "STAGE GARF!"

Showcase #2:  "Something smells fishy... again... "

My showcase bids:
    FRTS--$28,100
    Random room/trip--$13,051

Result:  Yep!  Two days in a row with a ridiculously cheap furniture showcase!

goldroadfanatic wrote:
    Swap Meet-Man, what a cheap chest!

Well, it is from Ashley...  :hammer:
    Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
    • Director
    « Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »
    I got a huge kick out of Jake's shirt.  Apparently, so did Bob.

I'm a little surprised Jennifer W. didn't quit Let 'em Roll after her first turn.  Let's face it -- $4,500 isn't exactly chump change.

I really don't think today's Flip Flop is comparable to what Breton did back in Season 33.  Based on Zachary's arm motions, it was pretty clear that he'd settled on a guess and genuinely thought he was supposed to hit the button at that point.  I don't know if he thought that locked his guess in or if he actually was trying to reveal the price, but regardless, everything turned out okay  (Well, everything except that he lost...but that doesn't really have anything to do with the button.)

And it sort of gets lost because of the button thingy, but it's always fun when Bob gets to beat up on a game.

Averil was such an enjoyable contestant, even if she didn't play everything very well.  My mom and I about died laughing during Cliff Hangers when she tried to bid $250 on that answering machine.

I don't often say this, but as long as you knew the rules, there really was no excuse for getting any less than four chances in Cover Up today.  The first and second numbers were both obvious, and the last number both looked like and was 0.
    "Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    « Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 05:43:25 PM »
    Range Game: I figured Jake stopped the finder in the right area.

Swap Meet: I never recall see the matching prize's price below the miminum standard for CR.

Flip Flop: Very tough, for I would have flopped.

Cliffy hangers: I was thinking that Averil's $30 bids would bite her back on the toaster.  Nice win.

Cover Up: I would never guessed that the 1st and 3rd digits repeat.  I would have screwed up on the 3rd and 4th digits.

Showcase: I would have overshot on Switzerland, bidding $17,000.  I would have said $24,000 of trailer.

Overall: a Fun show today.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
    « Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 05:44:18 PM »
    Range Game-I wonder how come they didn't show the board after Bob said "We're going to play Range Game."  And it's played for a car!  And it was won!

Let 'em Roll-I had a feeling she would lose when she tried for the car.  I would've bailed with the $4500.

Flip Flop-Difficult today.  I would have lost.

Cliff Hangers-What an amusingly awesome playing!  $250 for a SP in Cliff Hangers?  Not likely.  Guessing $30 helped her win the game.  I wonder if 30 is now her favorite number...
    All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline SouthSide86

• In Contestant's Row
    « Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 06:42:11 PM »
    Range Game: Ok like i already knew they was fina play Range Game why they can't show the game as is but hey it was played for a car and my guess would have been around $18,000 to $18,150.

Let em Roll: The car matches the set but too bad i was hoping that she wins the car but ends of with $1,000. Not to bad.

Swap Meet: None of those prizes look cheap to me but i glad to see it was won. I would never guess the chest be cheap!

Flip Flop: Zachery is tall than the game itself but i wonder what made him push the button to reveal that he lost.

Cliff Hangers: $250 on an answering machine! I don't think so. Averil's favorite number must be 30!

Cover Up: I would not guess $16,130 for the truck. I though it was going to be $16,427 like always.

Showcases: I bid $21,500 on the showcase with the trailer and was off by $7,400 but i went over  in the room/trip showcase i bid $16,000.

Overall: Range Game needs to be seen. The gig is up, show the game.

• In the Audience
    « Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 06:51:29 PM »
    So is this how the games went?:

Wins=Range Game, Swap Meet
    Losses=Let 'Em Roll, Cover Up, Cliff Hangers
    Unknown=Flip Flop

Let me know, bruddahs!  I dare not read the recap on the forum page because of potential things
    (like on today's recap :evil:).

• Walking the Golden Road
    « Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 06:55:36 PM »
    Range Game: Played for a car! And won by a person celebrating his 18th birthday!

Let Em' Roll: Impressive roll on the second turn. In the end, the $4,500 should have been taken.

Swap Meet: Can you believe this was won with cheap matching prizes?

Flip Flop: The spirit of Brenton strikes again, but Bob and the contestant handles the incident a lot more classier.

Cliff Hangers: Averil made quite a comeback from a potential wipeout on the first item, by bidding $30 on all of the items! She had a Lucky Seven-ish moment here, and it paid off!

Cover Up: Last season, this game was won quite a few times despite repeating 1's in the price. No such magic today.

Showcases: Once again, winning the more expensive Showcase was easy today.

Overall: Good show today, despite the fairly cheap budget.