Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/28/2006  (Read 12913 times)

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/28/2006
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 07:13:36 PM »
Range Game-A nice way to start the day off.

Let Em, Roll-Ouch! That was a bad break. I would have took $4500 Dollars and quit.

Swap meet-A easy set up the chess was also my choice.

Flip Flop-I can't believe that Zachary press it with out looking at the price. It wouldn't have matter he would have loss.

Cliff Hangers-Averyl play Sloppy at first but she improve and play that a lot better. She was a nice lady to Watch.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 08:03:27 PM »
PriceHulk wrote:

So is this how the games went?: ... Let me know, bruddahs!  I dare not read the recap on the forum page because of potential things
(like on today's recap :evil:).

...huh?

(And I'm not telling you how the games went.  You can clearly access the thread; you can read the recap yourself.)

BobboChung wrote:

Flip Flop: The spirit of Brenton strikes again, but Bob and the contestant handles the incident a lot more classier.

That's ridiculous.  This had nothing in common with Breton's playing beyond the contestant revealing the price by himself.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

• In the Audience
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 08:20:36 PM »
Like you don't tell me anything anyway, Steve?   :roll:

Found out the way the games went anyhow, all.  Thanks anyway!

Later!

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 08:44:29 PM »
Range Game: How can you know Range Game and not about the whole 37-hour humor?? I guess it doesn't matter as long as you're just becoming 18, get on Price, and win a car.

Let 'em Roll: It's at the point where I chant "car" every time it goes down to one roll and say what comes up:
"Car, Car, Car, Car, Car, $1,000."

Swap Meet: One of the few things I actually want: a VCR/DVR. I didn't get a good look at the chest, but I knew that would be the best bet over the golf equipment and the dining group.

Flip Flop: This time, I knew there had to be a Flip Flop here. Zachary's push of Barker's Button made it anticlimactic.

Cliff Hangers: The moment Averil said $250, I was up on my feet, ready for the Slipover Hangover. There's my climatic moment here.

Cover Up: Another common incident: The Cover Up "either, eyther, or the other" loss.

Both Norman and Jennifer R. had a bad fate.

It would've been greatly interesting if Averil bidded and/or won the trip to Switzerland. Hearing both cues of On Franches Mountains just lit me up.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 09:40:06 PM »
Game #6606

VCR/DVD Recorder
I actually do have the remote shown.  The remote is compatible with the Sony RDR-GX315.

Corona Gardening Equipment
Yes, those are the tools you remember from June 23, so another trip price update is coming right up:  Brussels, Belgium was $6,970.

Prizes That Will Help You If You Can't Decide
gaSystems Home Soda Fountain - $5,850
Bowflex Xtreme 2 Home Gym, which first and last appeared on Teri Harrison's third-to-last show on June 6, 2005 with a price of $1,498 - Your price today is $1,599.
Hi Lo Tow Lite Telescoping Travel Trailer - $21,451

Showcase #2
Carolina Chair Elliott Living Room ($3,400), Magnussen Auburn Tables ($1,366), and Carpet One Carpeting ($2,292) - $7,058 total
I know it's not quite December yet, but the show was offering Ghirardelli Chocolates three days early. - $800
Trip to Zurich, Switzerland - $6,959

Modeling Report Card for November 28, 2006
Score to beat:  $47,033

Our prices are insane!  Rachel is now up to $54,411.  Can one of you ladies pass that tomorrow?

Don't tell me you have 24 prizes worth $112,942.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 10:29:17 PM »
Range Game: Good for Jake to win on his 18th birthday for something that's not played often in this game. A car that is.

Let Em' Roll: I wanted Jennifer W. to win the car as well and she ended up winning a $1,000.

Swap Meet: Picked the chest too. Worried about the price of $399 there. Thank god the DVD was also $399.

SS #1: If Jennifer W. won here and Jennifer R. would've won her way up on stage (if it weren't for the bad bids she made) it would have been an all Jennifer showcase. It's too bad it didn't happen.

Flip Flop: Well at least Zachary pressed the button after he made his decision with a descent result unlike what happened a couple of seasons ago!     :roll:

Cliff Hangers: To start off with a ridiculous guess of $250 then guessing the same price on all three items and still end up a winner. Unbelievable!

Cover Up: When Norman put both the 7 and 9 then hearing the first buzzer I knew he wouldn't win that car.

Showcases: My bids would be $21,000 and $17,000, With a difference of $7,900 on the first one. And the second.....
well what difference does it make I be over on that one.

On a side note I wanted Alexander out of contestant's row. He seemed like a cool guy, a hot guy for you ladies out there especially for Averil feeling his muscles. I better stop here before it gets a bit too hot thinking about it.  Anyways if only he was called out earlier.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 10:35:03 AM »
I just watched the breton incident for the first time ever on youtube and people are right, he was so fake at it and didn't even attempt to flip or flop or flip flop, bob shouldn't have given him that prize.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2006, 12:08:09 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
And it sort of gets lost because of the button thingy, but it's always fun when Bob gets to beat up on a game.

This one in particular.  There was even a pause in the abuse where you could feel Bob say "Why, you little" with his mind. :D

I think the incident was an accident.  Hell, at first I thought the thing dropped by itself.  Zachary seemed like a well-intentioned player, especially after his Showdown.

There were some really good contestants on this show.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2006, 12:20:28 PM »
I've heard of the 20-30-40 strategy and the 25-35-45 strategy, but should we also start recommending the 30-30-30 strategy?

I suspect, since he had just seen a big red button stop the rangefinder, Zachary thought the big red button on Flip Flop was there to lock in his guess. As he pressed it, he verbally indicated that he was done playing with the panels, so that was clearly his intent.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2006, 02:29:15 PM »
Finally saw this show-taped it. Now for some pithy comments.

Range Game: Nice, yet again for a car. How many times has it been played for a car this year? 3,4, or 5? Great win to kick things off.

Let 'Em Roll: If I had been playing I would have bailed out after that first roll. $4500 ain't too shabby especially considering the car is an Aveo.

Swap: Easy enough. That chest was the only logical looking pick.

Flip Flop: Hillarious, simply hillarious.

Cliffy: Hillarious moment#2. Flat out fun playing. Course she got lucky too with that pricing she did.

Cover Up: Played very badly.

Showcases: Well, Averil cleans up.

Fun show with lots of fun moments.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2006, 10:52:06 PM »
RG: For a car!! Played by guy who earned the ultimate 18th birthday present and won!!

Roll: $4500 sound like a good deal, Too bad she settled for a thou.

FF: Hilarity at its best.

Rest of show interrupted due to Shreveport Mayor's Inauguration. What a week!!  :-x

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2006, 11:54:04 PM »
That Flip-Flop playing was just plain funny to watch, but I was pondering something.  Excluding today's and Breton's playing of Flip-Flop in Season 34, has there been any more instances of contestants accidentally hitting the reveal button?
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2006, 09:23:21 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Range Game -- 1:35
Let 'em Roll -- 3:15
Swap Meet -- 1:51
Flip Flop -- 1:59
Cliff Hangers -- 3:24
Cover Up -- 2:17