Author Topic: BigJon's down?  (Read 16627 times)

Offline SuperMatch93

• Walking the Golden Road
BigJon's down?
« on: July 12, 2011, 10:09:08 AM »
I went to his forums to check on the net games and it said that the account was suspended. Temporary outage, or copyright claims?

Offline themountainclimber

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • Make it a super stretch!
Re: BigJon's down?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 10:40:25 AM »
Can't be copyright claims; the downloads would be down as well.

Offline kianworld

• In Contestant's Row
  • More of a lurker now.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 10:42:08 AM »
I don't think so. Probably because he updated RTaB last night.  :confused:

Offline wheelfan1991

• "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 10:52:53 AM »
Here is the problem (I spoke to BigJon on his Blog TV channel), he says he has to pay for his websites, so he has the automatically debited from his credit or debit card, but apparently the place where his website comes from forgot to automatically debit it this time around, therefore it looked as if he hadn't paid for it, so they shut his domain down. Everything is back to normal now!  :-D
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 11:31:44 AM »
Before the worlds erupts, i simply had to update payment information for my site since i lost my debit card recently.  Sites good now..
This can be locked now...
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 04:43:31 PM »
Awww...your avatar is such a tease BigJon :(
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 04:50:40 PM »
ok, i won't tease :)

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 05:22:28 PM »
I hate Fremantle even more after seeing that. :-(

Offline holein1isawesome

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 06:44:39 PM »
Does all that copyright crap even matter?

As long as you say, "It's not mine, it's theirs and I don't own any part of it.", then it shouldn't matter.

Maybe one day in the future, Freemantle will get a better director or copyright laws won't be so strict anymore.

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 06:47:45 PM »

As long as you say, "It's not mine, it's theirs and I don't own any part of it.", then it shouldn't matter.

Maybe one day in the future, Freemantle will get a better director or copyright laws won't be so strict anymore.

Remember, Fremantle wants to make money with Ludia's video games.

Perhaps Jon could just release the SWFs to update to the season 40 version?

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 06:49:07 PM »

Unfortunately, in all the fine print, that's not good enough.  They can do what they want to do.. So many things they own have been shut down and removed all across the net (blogs, sites, programs, etc)

Here you go.... Maybe one day....

[youtube=480,295]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNkKdYZPdCY&fmt=22[/youtube]

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 08:32:46 PM »
Jon WHY do you tease. same thing as the mountain climber said
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.

Offline Season36Fan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 09:12:48 PM »

themountainclimber touched on this, but let me try to explain their position on "that copyright crap".  Fremanltle has a large investment in The Price is Right, speaking strictly monetarily.   It is their IP (intellectual property).    If you went out and built a house to rent, you would be entitled to the rent, not your neighbor, right?   The same principle applies... they invest in their brand, and they are entitled to make all the money that can be made from it, and no one else.   You wouldn't let your neighbor rent out the basement of your brand new house, right? 

Even if Jon or others make no money on their "fan creations" they are still riding the coattails of Fremantle's success... and if someone enjoys Jon's game, they just might not buy Ludia's, or play the facebook game, or what have you.   Fremantle has every right to both request and require the stoppage of anything that prevents them (or could prevent them) from fully capitalizing on their investment... just like you could throw your neighbor's tenants out of your basement without any problem - they're trespassers.

While some companies allow fans to create and publish their tribute work as long as they do not profit from it, others do not.  Fremantle falls into the latter category, and that's just that. 

Fremantle would do well to embrace their fans, I agree.  Paramount does this with the Star Trek franchise, and there are some great fan created episodes, movies, and stories which are published for free viewing.       As for copyright laws becoming less stringent, they won't, and shouldn't.   Copyright laws protect content creators, which is a good thing. 
Let's all take a deep breath.
Wise words.

Offline wheelfan1991

• "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 12:12:36 PM »
This is what really puzzles me, and someone set me straight if you can....but, howcome Jon's Price is pulled from his website by Dismantle yet he can still broadcast it on BlogTV and allows users to play it? Wouldn't Dismantle want that stopped to? Or is it they just don't know that he does it?
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 12:13:53 PM »
This is what really puzzles me, and someone set me straight if you can....but, howcome Jon's Price is pulled from his website by Dismantle yet he can still broadcast it on BlogTV and allows users to play it? Wouldn't Dismantle want that stopped to? Or is it they just don't know that he does it?
The creator himself can play it, but he can't distribute it widely to others. That's how I understand it.

Additionally, BlogTV is very lax on silly rules
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...