Author Topic: BigJon's down?  (Read 16628 times)

Offline offerta

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: BigJon's down?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 02:45:51 PM »
 :roll:

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 09:07:44 PM »
As for copyright laws becoming less stringent, they won't, and shouldn't.   Copyright laws protect content creators, which is a good thing. 

I disagree with this. In Just for Fun, the autobiography of Linux creator Linus Torvalds, he spends a chapter discussing various forms of IP protection, focusing specifically on how they apply to software. He points out a lot of absurdities in the system that do little to protect creators' rights but do a lot to cause lawsuits. I recommend reading it if you have the time; the entire book is a fascinating read.

Copyright reform is badly needed in the US, but there's little political will to get it done because the big corporations that benefit the most from the current IP law have the most clout—the average citizen of the US doesn't know and doesn't care much about copyright law. Disney, in particular, I have heard has been successful in getting copyright law modified to extend copyright terms, preventing Mickey Mouse from falling into the public domain.

Offline 3DSETDESIGNER

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 09:53:04 PM »
Unfortunately, in all the fine print, that's not good enough.  They can do what they want to do.. So many things they own have been shut down and removed all across the net (blogs, sites, programs, etc)

Here you go.... Maybe one day....

[youtube=480,295]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNkKdYZPdCY&fmt=22[/youtube]
hey bigjon are you posting a form for tpir game?

Offline estes24

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 11:39:23 PM »
Additionally, BlogTV is very lax on silly rules

Apparently Youtube is not the same way as its look like they have unfortunately terminated Bigjon's account.

Offline kianworld

• In Contestant's Row
  • More of a lurker now.
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 12:52:59 AM »
Apparently Youtube is not the same way as its look like they have unfortunately terminated Bigjon's account.
As said from his BlogTV, he said it got terminated because of a video of how to sign up to this one website, not the games. He's trying to get it back without making a BigJon07 or something.

Offline 3DSETDESIGNER

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 01:06:16 AM »
As said from his BlogTV, he said it got terminated because of a video of how to sign up to this one website, not the games. He's trying to get it back without making a BigJon07 or something.
i don't think it's just youtube it's self.Maybe fremantle media haves to do something with this... :roll:

Offline wheelfan1991

• "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 01:39:01 AM »
Whew! Well, at least is wasn't from his games! But, I still fell so bad for Jon...Why must bad things happen to good people? I see nothing wrong with what he has done! I mean, it's just some fun among a few hundred friends....not the entire Price nation....DISmantle, why must you be so mean?
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 02:10:07 AM »
Wow the last two posts proves nothing in "Read Above" department. Kian just said, and I can back up the statement that this had nothing to do with Fremantle in any way. There was supposedly a crack down on How-To videos around YouTube. Do not go freaking out that Fremantle had any involvement, and I would really suggest this thread get locked now. People: READ before you post.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline 3DSETDESIGNER

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 02:39:00 AM »
my apologies,i wasn't trying to sound mean or anything like that,but yeah i take that back.And yes i just didn't pay attention that well to the post.Also i was trying to find the fourm for TPIR season 38 version of BJ game could never find it.So i looked around here on GR.net and found outthat it was removed or w/e happend.But anyways again my apologies i hope i didn't offend anyone...  :-(

Offline kianworld

• In Contestant's Row
  • More of a lurker now.
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 08:25:13 PM »
Welp, he made a new account, GameJ06.
http://www.youtube.com/GameJ06
I hope he re-uploads those videos again...

Offline JoePlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 07:55:27 PM »
Looks like site down again.  Anyone else having issues?
"If we want the show to stay on, you have to support the show.  How can we lose an American classic?"  - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline themountainclimber

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • Make it a super stretch!
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 08:01:37 PM »
Forum's fine, but main site's down.

Offline JoePlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 08:58:51 PM »
Happen to have that address?
"If we want the show to stay on, you have to support the show.  How can we lose an American classic?"  - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline JonSea31

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2011, 07:39:43 AM »
I notice on Jon's new page that there are no game-show related video clips or any clips showcasing his game show PC game creations.

Also, I noticed that a video of BigJon's TPIR creation is on hellurz06's page.  Makes me wonder if that is another one of BigJon's YouTube pages that he plans on showcasing his PC game creations and not just TPIR?

Plus, I think the Season 40 update is the best version he ever made so far!  Not to mention a close-up of George Gray's reaction to the overbid is prevalent!  It's too bad he won't release the game to the public anymore.

However, I wonder if BigJon will make a one-time allowance and let us have a copy of his Season 40 game as long as he does what he did with the last release?  Even if he has to release it privately?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:44:01 AM by JonSea31 »

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 08:09:47 AM »
However, I wonder if BigJon will make a one-time allowance and let us have a copy of his Season 40 game as long as he does what he did with the last release?  Even if he has to release it privately?
The best bet is to not ask and wait patiently. I personally don't hold my breath for any update of The Price is Right, as I know asking is practically the same as asking him to put himself on the line at risk to face Fremantle's wrath. If Jon is willing to make that risk, I'll jump for joy; if he isn't, than that too is ok.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.