Author Topic: BigJon's down?  (Read 16632 times)

Offline themountainclimber

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • Make it a super stretch!
Re: BigJon's down?
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2011, 08:12:15 AM »
Perhaps he could do what JonSea31 is currently doing with a certain other game.

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2011, 08:59:16 AM »
The best bet is to not ask and wait patiently. I personally don't hold my breath for any update of The Price is Right, as I know asking is practically the same as asking him to put himself on the line at risk to face Fremantle's wrath. If Jon is willing to make that risk, I'll jump for joy; if he isn't, than that too is ok.

If you read thoroughly, it wasn't Fremantle BigJon was having problems with.

Offline JonSea31

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2011, 10:51:15 AM »
Perhaps he could do what JonSea31 is currently doing with a certain other game.

Actually, further development is on hold, due to "burnout" and some pricing games remaining that may be too complex for me to code.  I may resume development someday down the road, but I am not sure when that will be.

Since a few weeks ago, I am working on two game show PC games that are likely "safe" and may put me in much lesser risk.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 10:54:04 AM by JonSea31 »

Offline JonSea31

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2011, 10:52:44 AM »
If you read thoroughly, it wasn't Fremantle BigJon was having problems with.

He was referring to my post about a Season 40 update, not the thread's original topic.

And we all know that Fremantle is not to blame.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2011, 01:51:40 PM »
However, I wonder if BigJon will make a one-time allowance and let us have a copy of his Season 40 game as long as he does what he did with the last release?  Even if he has to release it privately?

The thing is, if he makes that one release, then everyone gets instant gratification until Season 41 rolls along then everyone wants another new update. If he releases it and people upload videos of his S40 game all over than Fremantle will clearly know he released it and bring his behind to jail. I don't think it's worth going to jail so that people can keep wanting more and more updates. Everyday he said he gets a ton of PM's on youtube/here and emails asking for an update, I don't think that's the best way to go about trying to get one, by nagging, but that's just me.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2011, 01:57:51 PM »
Well, did Fremantle ever say how much they want for a license? I know that Fremantle when shut down Pacdude's bombombombomwooooo.com button, they said they wanted $300 for a 1-year license (pacdudegames.com/fail if you still want to donate). Maybe if enough people donated money (like on the wooooo page), Jon could get a license for a year?

Offline JonSea31

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2011, 01:59:55 PM »
Well, I guess one way to get access to a Season 40 game:  Create my own and play it to my heart's content.

That said, I am very questionable about releasing the game at all.  I probably may strongly reconsider by not releasing the game at all.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2011, 04:57:19 PM »
Well, did Fremantle ever say how much they want for a license? I know that Fremantle when shut down Pacdude's bombombombomwooooo.com button, they said they wanted $300 for a 1-year license (pacdudegames.com/fail if you still want to donate). Maybe if enough people donated money (like on the wooooo page), Jon could get a license for a year?

If they did want a license, were talking thousands, not hundreds...Howver they dont want the game released at all, even for thousands.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2011, 05:37:56 PM »
Looks like his forum's down... hopefully it'll be back up soon.

Offline JonSea31

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2011, 08:14:57 PM »
Yep.  The forum is down.  I wonder what the reason could be?  Something wrong with his server, perhaps?

Also, I did try to access the forums from the Forum tab on the main page.  The Download tab would highlight no problem, but the forum tab doesn't highlight at all.

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2011, 09:04:40 PM »
It's been that way for a number of years now.
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard:

Offline Thommann256

• Outside in Line
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2020, 08:24:48 PM »
 :lock: xlx Does anyone know where I can get TPIR game version 7.12.7 by Big Jon
please reply if you do
Thank you,
Thommann256

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2020, 08:27:59 PM »
You can't. He got slapped with a C&D many years ago, therefore distribution of the game by him or anyone else is illegal.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2020, 08:32:13 PM »
Not only is it gone but it’s also a security nightmare with Flash, which will be discontinued very soon.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2020, 09:28:11 PM »
I log into this forum for two minutes for a break away from the cesspool that is social media, just to lock a thread brought back to life by an obvious troll... 🙄
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker