Author Topic: Host Your Own shows resume  (Read 9102 times)

Offline mariofcalero

• Outside in Line
    • Mario's Game Show Forum
Re: Host Your Own shows resume
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2007, 02:39:12 PM »
how many posts would that be around minimum?
Play or host any net game you want! Talk about anything! CLICK HERE! http://phpbbplanet.com/mariosforum

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2007, 04:40:16 PM »
how many posts would that be around minimum?

I know for a fact that at least 20% of your posts have to come from TPiR-related areas of this site (either from First Run, Retro, TALK Is Right, or Active or Retired Games).  I just don't know how to precisely calculate my posting percentages; there should be stats like that in your profile.  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 12:09:07 AM »
Just use common sense...if you have something relevant to post about the show in the daily recap or The Talk is Right forum every day or two, that should be good enough.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2007, 10:36:30 AM »
I don't beleive that I have any outstanding show proposals.  If you'd like to start a HYO show, and you can get it to me by the end of the day, we'll go ahead and start it for the holiday weekend.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 02:29:17 PM »
I don't beleive that I have any outstanding show proposals.  If you'd like to start a HYO show, and you can get it to me by the end of the day, we'll go ahead and start it for the holiday weekend.
Actually, you have at least one outstanding proposal:  mine.  I had submitted my request to host my tenth PA show last week, after GRF's last game ended.  But as I told you over AIM last night, I'll be heading off for Philadelphia after work today.  Even though I'll have my laptop with me to play CSS and post my daily show comments, my script and graphics are on my desktop computer.  I won't be back home until Saturday, December 1.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Footix

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2007, 02:43:06 PM »
I'm not quite ready to submit a formal proposal yet, but I had sent in this question and didn't get an answer: if I were to have a proposal for a "Canadian HYO," would it be automatically rejected? I'd love to do one of these, but it would be a lot easier for me to assemble Canadian prices than American...

Offline ironman00710

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2007, 03:03:55 PM »
I'm trying to get my first one together for submission, but its been hard trying to find time to work on it.  With a break from work starting tomorrow, I'll be able to get some more done, and hopefully have something ready to present soon.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2007, 04:18:16 PM »
I'm not quite ready to submit a formal proposal yet, but I had sent in this question and didn't get an answer: if I were to have a proposal for a "Canadian HYO," would it be automatically rejected? I'd love to do one of these, but it would be a lot easier for me to assemble Canadian prices than American...

Well, last year we did have a show that used Canadian prices instead of American ones and it was allowed to be produced.  Unfortunately, the host ignored members' requests to correct a bidding error for some reason and the show was cancelled.  So yes, I would say that you could pull off a show with Canadian prices.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 04:46:30 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2007, 12:52:57 AM »
I don't beleive that I have any outstanding show proposals...

Well, to tell you the truth, FieldsFan336 and I were planning a co-production of sorts, as a way to honor TPIR's 36th Season and Drew Carey.  I was wondering about your position when it comes to having a dual-host H.Y.O. show.  Thanks for the clarification...
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2007, 11:33:35 PM »
I wish there was a subscription list or something that said when show applications opened. I missed the latest opening because I forgot to check :(
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline GlennCoco

• Outside in Line
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2007, 12:19:50 PM »

I have an idea on a way to simulate the Big Wheel.  Go to randomizer.org and have it generate several (at least 7 or 8) sets of random numbers from 1 to 20, with each number used once.  Use a different set for each spin.  Have the player give a number for the spin.  Whatever is in that position, multiplied by five, is what the player "landed on".

For example, if the player gave the number 5, and the fifth member of the set was 14, the player's spin would be 70¢.

This may sound really stupid, because nobody ever really gets a chance to "practice" on the big wheel, but is this randomizer used only because nothing else can really approximate the real experience, or are you proposing that spinning the wheel in real life produces completely random results?

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2007, 08:53:26 PM »
There is no set way to produce Big Wheel results, and that is not the formula I use, but yes, the general idea is to make some sort of random output given the inputs possible on a forum.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy