Author Topic: Wheel's New Season  (Read 14506 times)

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Wheel's New Season
« on: July 26, 2011, 11:25:31 PM »
Has anyone been to a taping of Wheel's new season or know of any new changes going on this season?

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Wheel's New Season
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 08:16:24 AM »
Has anyone been to a taping of Wheel's new season or know of any new changes going on this season?

As per a post of Invision, there's a new logo and a new puzzle category, TV Quotes. They'll be taping in Portland, Oregon next March and the shows will air next May. No word if they'll travel somewhere else.

Offline John92

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 08:54:46 AM »
Estimated...: The Wii animations have been eliminated
Rounds 2-beyond has $1,000 space on the wheel
Round 4 has $1,000 added to every space on the wheel [for speed up round], meaning the lowest value on the speed up wheel is $1,300.
Vowels are still worth $250 [i believe...].

Offline wheelfan1991

• Walking the Golden Road
  • "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 12:44:04 PM »
Estimated...: The Wii animations have been eliminated

Of course they have! Those were only used to promote the video game!

Rounds 2-beyond has $1,000 space on the wheel

Really? They are really bringing back the $1000 wedge? So, you were at a taping and saw this? I'm only curious...

Round 4 has $1,000 added to every space on the wheel [for speed up round], meaning the lowest value on the speed up wheel is $1,300.

Seriously? They've done that for over 10 years now....

Vowels are still worth $250 [i believe...].

No kidding...That's not ever going to change.
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline kassilynn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 01:14:11 PM »
Well, it's disappointing to know that the Wii animations won't be in use anymore because I really enjoyed seeing those.

Another thing I'm hoping for this season is seeing some celebrities playing for charity, haven't had one of those in a VERY long time.
(and NO NFL or NBA stars PLEASE !!!)

They also should change up the prize puzzle rounds, give away something other than just trips.

One more thing for this upcoming season is when they take the show on the road somewhere, I really, really hope they'll go somewhere other than Las Vegas because we've seen MORE than enough shows from there, in fact, that's the ONLY place they did shows at this previous season.
I saw that they'll be heading to Portland, Oregon to do shows but I'd really loved it if they could go back to Walt Disney World to do shows becuase I enjoyed seeing those back in the early 90s !

What about a new theme ?  Has anyone heard anything about a new theme music in the works ?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 01:17:00 PM by kassilynn »
"Say whatever you want to about me, my artwork, etc, I don't really care.
If you don't want me or even like me, then I'm DAMN sure am not gonna let myself want OR
like YOU !"

^ That's my message to all you haters and people who are negative when it comes to me.

Offline themountainclimber

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • Make it a super stretch!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 01:24:53 PM »
I think when John92 said "estimated", he meant he's guessing what the changes will be.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 02:09:51 PM »
One more thing for this upcoming season is when they take the show on the road somewhere, I really, really hope they'll go somewhere other than Las Vegas because we've seen MORE than enough shows from there, in fact, that's the ONLY place they did shows at this previous season.

I do not believe that there are plans to go to Vegas this year. The season premiere was already taped in Culver City, and is a family week.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 02:28:06 PM »
Yeah, they got carried away with too much Vegas season Premieres

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 04:50:22 PM »
According to someone close to the Wheel staff, from a WOF site I run. Source is anonymous, and paraphrased, and not mine.

1)Halloween Week was taped first (7/14), and the season premiere week was being taped 7/15. The reason? Shows often tape out of order to take advantage of grouping similar sets and avoid having to make drastic set changes in a short period of time.

2)Trivia categories could possibly be coming back. "Rock On!" will probably be retired due to obvious reasons.

3)New graphics and logos. The logo posted on the show's Wikipedia page looks "similar" to the actual logo.

As per a post of Invision, there's a new logo and a new puzzle category, TV Quotes. They'll be taping in Portland, Oregon next March and the shows will air next May. No word if they'll travel somewhere else.

I have no issue with what you do, but please- that info at Invision is not first-hand, as said by the OP of that thread. I hate to get huffy over something like this, but it's from my site, not theirs. Invision was doing what you and I were- spreading the info, not documenting. Give credit where it's due.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline mysterywedge

• In Contestant's Row
  • Howdy. You're reading blank text.
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 04:59:51 PM »

That won't happen... it would take way too long loading up the wheel with the new wedges and it would slow down the show.... a lot...

Offline GR_Man_9009

• BBT Rules!
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 05:15:15 PM »
That won't happen... it would take way too long loading up the wheel with the new wedges and it would slow down the show.... a lot...

I think what he means is that Pat will give the wheel a final spin and what it lands on Pat will add $1,000 to it. So if it lands on the $5,000 space it will become $6,000.
The Big Bang Theory Rules!

Offline mysterywedge

• In Contestant's Row
  • Howdy. You're reading blank text.
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 05:17:48 PM »
He said that the lowest value on the speedup wheel is $1,300... so the $1,000 is technically already added.

Offline John92

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 05:32:55 PM »
What I mean is that, the contestants spin the wheel, and whatever it lands on Pat will add $1,000. Even when Pat lands on a bankrupt, Loose a Turn, or Prize, he spins it again!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 05:38:55 PM »
What I mean is that, the contestants spin the wheel, and whatever it lands on Pat will add $1,000. Even when Pat lands on a bankrupt, Loose a Turn, or Prize, he spins it again!
How is this exactly a change from past seasons?
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline wheelfan1991

• "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 05:55:49 PM »
How is this exactly a change from past seasons?

That's what I am saying! Haven't they done this since 1999 or 2000? It's not new....

I have no issue with what you do, but please- that info at Invision is not first-hand, as said by the OP of that thread. I hate to get huffy over something like this, but it's from my site, not theirs. Invision was doing what you and I were- spreading the info, not documenting. Give credit where it's due.

If you want to see 1st hand what Jon means (I am also a moderator at the same site), look here. The person from whom he recieved his info is a highly reliable source; but he won't reveal any more, and I don't blame him either.
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino