Author Topic: new plinko opening idea  (Read 14816 times)

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: new plinko opening idea
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 07:34:59 PM »
Well that's sad to hear. I like seeing multiple uses of the set simultaneously, so I really wish your vision could've been brought to light.

I wonder who "management" exactly is?

Also, I don't know if the producers would've liked it or if you could've pulled it off, but instead of a restored version of the sign (since it was destroyed), maybe you could've used a monitor on the turntable (I thought you've done so before in the showcases). Now that I think of it though, I don't know how "visible" a monitor would be in the wide shot.

R.I.P Plinko Sign  :-(
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:39:48 PM by thepriceis_J »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2011, 07:56:26 PM »
Looks like creative control was in play since Day 1. If only you'd have become the director a little bit earlier.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:58:39 PM by Guint »

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 09:19:35 PM »
I was told that when "management" found out I wanted the [original Plinko] sign, it was ordered to be destoryed to "make room in the storage area". With that, the Plinko sign was reportedly trashed. This is second hand information, but it seems the sign existed when I asked for it, but was destroyed with the knowledge I wanted to put it back on the air.
Shocked, I tell you. Shocked.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:22:13 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2011, 10:18:55 PM »
Drew: Michael, I love your shirt. But you're going to be very sad, because George what do we got for her?

(Cut to George and his podium)

George: (CONTESTANT'S NAME), today's your lucky day, YOU'RE GOING TO PLAY....

PL!NKO!

(Plinko logo appears on George's podium)

George: For a chance to win up to $50,000!!!

($50,000 appears on the podium, plinko chips transition to Plinko game)

That might have a shot.  Just, whatever you do, don't call Michael a "her".

Cyclone

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 01:01:53 PM »
Sounds like to me Mike disliked the non-use of computerized graphics / monitors he had to take it into his own hands... what in the world, son?
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 05:34:22 PM »
Reading all this about the Plinko sign being trashed absolutely saddens me.  Is it something that can be somewhat recreated - that is, assuming Mike gets his fat behind out of there?  It sounds like he's against what many of us here like - the history of the show - and wants to leave it all behind and make the show its own thing.  Except for the S36 use of Barker's name and his guest appearance in S37, his name is never even used in conjunction with the show - ever.  Pathetic.

Cyclone

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 05:43:23 PM »
Reading all this about the Plinko sign being trashed absolutely saddens me.  Is it something that can be somewhat recreated - that is, assuming Mike gets his fat behind out of there?  It sounds like he's against what many of us here like - the history of the show - and wants to leave it all behind and make the show its own thing.  Except for the S36 use of Barker's name and his guest appearance in S37, his name is never even used in conjunction with the show - ever.  Pathetic.

Cyclone

"Here it comes! From the Bob Barker Studio..."

I'd say my work is done.  :P

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 06:09:25 PM »
Except for the S36 use of Barker's name and his guest appearance in S37, his name is never even used in conjunction with the show - ever.  Pathetic.

It sucks, but I can understand why they do this. With the current host obviously sub par, the last thing the staff wants to do is regularly remind viewers how great the former host was.

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 06:15:33 PM »
It sucks, but I can understand why they do this. With the current host obviously sub par, the last thing the staff wants to do is regularly remind viewers how great the former host was.

They don't have to remind us.  We know how great the former host was.  And we are reminded every time we look for "The Price is Right" on Youtube.  If Drew Carey took over in the 90s, we wouldn't have a huge Bob Barker history to work with - and videos like that would be rare online even today.

Cyclone

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2011, 08:15:27 PM »
True, but for many casual viewers, out of sight becomes out of mind very quickly. Like you said, we know how great the former host was. Certainly, the last thing the current regime wants to do is bring that to the attention of viewers who might not think about that as much as we do. The show is still watchable, but it's definitely not a good thing to bring to mind, "Hey, remember how much better this used to be a few years ago?"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:18:53 PM by temptation1979ga »

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2011, 08:57:47 PM »
"Here it comes! From the Bob Barker Studio..."

I'd say my work is done.  :P

can't believe I missed this post.

That is the official name for the studio.  It would be a sin for them not to use it.  Remove that and I guarantee you they'd be questioned for it.

Cyclone