Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 8/19/2011  (Read 72028 times)

Offline CROCODlLE

• TPiR Alumnus
Re: TPiR Recap - 8/19/2011
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2011, 08:43:21 AM »
Now this, I agree with. Minus the awesome show part.

Well, I still like it. Every once in a while, you run into a gem of a contestant. If I knew how to record and edit, I'd make a Season-long montage of my favorite contestants.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2011, 05:48:06 PM »
I had already tried dropping it on my previous post. Defending my position is not making a fool of myself.

When your position is that shoes are more exciting than a car, yes, it is.

1) There are claims of a huge conspiracy that the cheering was sweetened.

There is no conspiracy, nor has anyone claimed one.  The show routinely uses sweetening, and while I haven't gone back and checked, some people have stated that it was applied noticeably for the shoes.

I'm going to use ole' Occam's razor. The contestant was very excited because she loves shoes, and Drew thought she was over-excited over a prize he thought was too much or simply lame. I agree with Drew. That is a lame prize. But the contestant was extremely happy. Therefore, I am happy for her. What an awesome show. ^_^

That doesn't have anything to do with anything else you've said in this thread.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline CROCODlLE

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2011, 05:57:09 PM »
When your position is that shoes are more exciting than a car, yes, it is.

There is no conspiracy, nor has anyone claimed one.  The show routinely uses sweetening, and while I haven't gone back and checked, some people have stated that it was applied noticeably for the shoes.

That doesn't have anything to do with anything else you've said in this thread.

I said the shoes were probably more exciting than the car for the folks in the audience, and MAYBE people at home. Obviously, I don't get excited over shoes.

I didn't read about ANYONE being at the actual show.

That was my original point! The girl got excited about the shoes! Audience members got excited over shoes! Drew Carey wasn't sweetening anything. Why is it so hard to believe that people get excited over shoes, or that the contestant clearly was more excited over the shoes than the car? Maybe, perhaps, she simply was. No conspiracy, no tricks, no "Drew Carey is acting like the shoes are a big deal". They weren't FOR HIM. They were FOR HER.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2011, 06:12:39 PM »
I didn't read about ANYONE being at the actual show.

Good, because no one said anything about it, either.

That was my original point! The girl got excited about the shoes! Audience members got excited over shoes! Drew Carey wasn't sweetening anything. Why is it so hard to believe that people get excited over shoes, or that the contestant clearly was more excited over the shoes than the car? Maybe, perhaps, she simply was. No conspiracy, no tricks, no "Drew Carey is acting like the shoes are a big deal". They weren't FOR HIM. They were FOR HER.

That certainly isn't what you've spent the last X number of pages trying to prove.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2011, 07:42:05 PM »
That was my original point! The girl got excited about the shoes! Audience members got excited over shoes! Drew Carey wasn't sweetening anything.
I am not sure if the show does this, but there is a practice where the episode is edited and/or contestant reactions are retaped. Further, Drew does not sweeten anything -- the editing booth does.

Why is it so hard to believe that people get excited over shoes, or that the contestant clearly was more excited over the shoes than the car?
Because it is very likely that the real audience was probably, minus one or two people, silent (or began to cheer and went into "huh?" mode). To be fair, as others in this thread have pointed out, the Nissan Cube is not exactly a high-level car.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.