Author Topic: Taping Report - Blue Seats  (Read 7944 times)

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Taping Report - Blue Seats
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 02:41:47 AM »
Are they now going by "Good Looks" in determining where you sit?  Or has that been abandoned?

Joe

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 03:10:33 AM »
I think, unfortunately, some of that was going on, at least for the front & center.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Dietevil

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 05:29:00 AM »
@Wayoshi: Actually, they just cut, waited while the power came on and the game went through its testing sequence, had the audience applaud again and started taping again.

@MrPlinko: I can tell you that they focus on putting matching groups in the middle and front at all costs; groups of 3 or 4 with the same shirt on surrounded CR at every taping I went to. They have the studio seating pre-taped with masking tape marked with the processing number of the first person to go into that row/end of a row. I'm not too sure about the whole good looks thing; I think it is more important to be in a uniform shirted group, even a small one. I'll also add that they tended to put wider people on stage right (and maybe left) because the seats are wider. We had a wide person in our group and were seated at stage right at all 3 tapings (with processing numbers varying between 20, 80 and the lower 200s). I finally got fed up with the same position and *nicely begged to a page for middle seats. He called over whoever was arranging the seating, and we were moved to the 3rd or 4th row in the middle.

Offline Dietevil

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 05:39:00 AM »
Just adding on something random here...

I am surprised in general that showcase contestants are genuinely surprised when they win. For all of the tapings I went to, it was obvious as soon as the camera cut from the showcase bids who had won by the placement or lack thereof of prizes before the result was revealed. If Contestant A's prizes remain visible on stage, it's a good bet that Contestant A has won (or either contestant has won both). I guess contestants don't notice such things "in the moment".

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 06:06:46 AM »
@Wayoshi: Actually, they just cut, waited while the power came on and the game went through its testing sequence, had the audience applaud again and started taping again.

How long did it take for the game to load up?

Offline Dietevil

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 06:14:39 AM »
Less than a minute.

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 08:20:09 AM »
Just adding on something random here...

I am surprised in general that showcase contestants are genuinely surprised when they win. For all of the tapings I went to, it was obvious as soon as the camera cut from the showcase bids who had won by the placement or lack thereof of prizes before the result was revealed. If Contestant A's prizes remain visible on stage, it's a good bet that Contestant A has won (or either contestant has won both). I guess contestants don't notice such things "in the moment".

It would become more obvious now that if a Showcase winner had previously won a car, they bring that car on stage as well.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 08:37:58 AM »
@SteveG: Sometimes I get pretty color blind... I don't think the color changed or anything from last season. I call the S39 color orange.

It hasn't been orange in eight and a half years.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 12:37:38 PM »
Heh, it still doesn't seem yellow to me... sorry to get your hopes up, Steve. :P

It's possible they are focusing on big groups / shirts instead. I didn't notice any masking tape since we were seated halfway down from the entrance/exit on the aisle, but I'd believe for sure they made preliminary plans.

This will take several shows of observing to make conclusions
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline plinkowin2010

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 04:12:33 PM »
Are the Asterisks still in front of contestant's row? Did they use any classic music cues?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 05:15:44 PM »
Heh, it still doesn't seem yellow to me... sorry to get your hopes up, Steve. :P

I never said anything about hopes.  The display is yellow -- that's an indisputable fact.  You may not be able to see it that way, and that may be because of issues such as color-blindness that are beyond your control...but whether you can tell it's yellow or not, it's yellow.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 05:20:01 PM »
I never said anything about hopes.  The display is yellow -- that's an indisputable fact.  You may not be able to see it that way, and that may be because of issues such as color-blindness that are beyond your control...but whether you can tell it's yellow or not, it's yellow.

What colour is the door?  I considered it yellow as well, but I call the display orange.

Cyclone

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 06:34:21 PM »
Pasting this in from another thread, you can see the new blue seats in the French Price is Right promo here:

http://www.philippebond.com/blog/

They can be seen about 30 seconds in. I think they look good and fit well with the dark set.

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 06:49:14 PM »
I'm wondering if the change in color is because the Price production staff wanted them blue or if CBS ordered the chairs to be refurbished and just opted for blue?

Offline tpirfan79

• In the Audience
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 07:54:29 PM »
I'm a big fan of blue.  So for them changing the seats from red back to blue like what it was is a plus in my book, even if it is not completely the same shade of blue.  I saw the video of Philippe Bond and you can see the rotating "$" for a split second.  A couple of things I noticed.  They redid the floor in the audience, which I thought was rather obvious.  But it is also good to have another Goodson-Todman mark back.  They put it back at the podium where that guy was sitting at the podium right next to the exit.  I do hate that they reduced the seating but I think it looks better than hanging a curtain over unused seats.