Author Topic: Spinning TPIR Logo  (Read 3418 times)

Offline FFTEST22

• In Contestant's Row
Spinning TPIR Logo
« on: August 27, 2011, 07:38:11 PM »
If it may be hard to imagine what we've done with TPIR logo located behind the seats, here is a preview of what to expect this season. It will be present for premiere week, but then will be taking a break for a bit!

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: Spinning TPIR Logo
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 08:03:46 PM »
CJ Already did a nice job of illustrating this in his taping report, and PriceFan's post in Wayoshis report, which I'm sure is where you got this information from. By the way, once and for all, can you explain who "we" are? Are you saying that you personally were one of the members responsible for the change of this logo?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 08:05:47 PM by vadernader »
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 08:21:38 PM »
CJ Already did a nice job of illustrating this in his taping report, and PriceFan's post in Wayoshis report, which I'm sure is where you got this information from. By the way, once and for all, can you explain who "we" are? Are you saying that you personally were one of the members responsible for the change of this logo?

That's the impression I'm getting.  It sounds like this is a staffer for TPIR.

Also, that's not a full rotation.  It goes back and forth.  Interesting.

Cyclone

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 09:37:22 PM »
FFTEST22 isn't proven to be a staffer, but I suppose if s/he was, s/he would be fired, so I can't say for sure...

I thought it was a full rotation, but I can't say I looked at it long enough to know for sure, either.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline FFTEST22

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 09:52:44 PM »
Sorry, the dollar sign does do a full rotation, and has some depth to it as well.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 09:58:06 PM »
FFTEST22 isn't proven to be a staffer, but I suppose if s/he was, s/he would be fired, so I can't say for sure...

Based on his/her somewhat bizarre posting history, I think he/she has some sort of involvement with the show, but what exactly that involvement is, I have no clue. I'd also say that it seems he/she is making a very concerted effort to conceal his/her identity.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 10:39:42 PM »
Based on his/her somewhat bizarre posting history, I think he/she has some sort of involvement with the show, but what exactly that involvement is, I have no clue. I'd also say that it seems he/she is making a very concerted effort to conceal his/her identity.

Even so, the way the post was made, it seems this is someone in the graphics department.

If this person wishes to remain anonymous, however, it might be best to leave it that way.

Cyclone

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 01:00:44 AM »
I have to say I'm not the biggest fan of these new logos. I like the concept; "Let's have the dollar sign in the logo spinning" sounds good in theory, but I think the execution isn't the best. The center parts of the logo shoved to the right... the big rectangle cut out of it... just looks awkward.

And the "taking a break" thing makes sense since the logos had the stationary dollar signs in my tapings. So expect these spinning versions to show up the last week of October at the earliest.

/Give me a logo lit in actual bulbs any day.

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 01:18:45 AM »
It took me a couple of different views to realize, it, but, the reason the text in the logo is shoved over to the right is because the $ is on a rectangular screen that would not fit in the "shield" shape if it was left in its normal position.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 10:47:39 AM »
It took me a couple of different views to realize, it, but, the reason the text in the logo is shoved over to the right is because the $ is on a rectangular screen that would not fit in the "shield" shape if it was left in its normal position.

I think they could've gotten away with making that rectangle (and maybe even the dollar sign) a bit smaller. I thought maybe someone wanted it to rest right on that split between the orange and red shapes... but still... awkward. Just my opinion. :P

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 12:15:54 PM »
So the spinning dollar version no longer matches the basic door version.  Genius.

Cyclone

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 12:21:31 PM »
So the spinning dollar version no longer matches the basic door version.  Genius.

To be fair, the old signs didn't match the "door version" either. But at least the text was appropriately justified.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 12:42:33 PM »
I think they could've gotten away with making that rectangle (and maybe even the dollar sign) a bit smaller.

Hey, why not?  They did it with Door #3 for 30 years!
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.