Author Topic: TPIR Guest - Probably haven't heard of her...  (Read 12900 times)

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPIR Guest - Probably haven't heard of her...
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 10:52:13 PM »
More like her exceptional co-hosting abilities on MTV's "Singled Out" for me.  :P

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this little connection to the current show.

This one is not as PG.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 12:47:56 AM »
vibrantgwen gwendolyn osborne
@hollyrpeete read your blog. Loved it! Interviewed fellow activist Jenny Mcarthy today on #ThePriceisRight maybe youcan come visit us too?!!
21 hours ago

This better be for a pir.com thing, or we're going to have a very poor show.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2011, 01:43:58 AM »
Children have died from diseases they should *NEVER* have died from because of this woman and her moronic beliefs. She's a vile, mis-guided human being.

And you know this how exactly? I'd say the ones in our government are the vile ones, not the ones trying to bring their deeds to light. Someone has to. I'd say more people have gotten sick if not worse from these poison things than those who have died without it.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2011, 01:45:15 AM »
On that subject, my ex's son has autism.  Always been a picky eater, noise bothers him such that he covers his ears at the slightest hint of sudden noise, etc.  I don't know how this special guest on a future episode can say that vaccinating kids against other diseases can cause autism.  This is a purely inappropriate claim and something that is in no way acceptable.

Simple question Cyclone, did he have the problems before he got the shots? I'd bet you he didn't.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 01:48:21 AM »
Then, you must mean governments - plural. The federal government doesn't mandated childhood vaccinations. All 50 states do. The evidence is so overwhelming that every single state has vaccination laws.

Anyone you slice it, the anti-vaccination conspiracy theories are wrong. But this "blame the government" angle seems particular weak. What's the motive? Killing people for kicks?

When there a scientific matter that gets politicized, it goods to go with the side that has a boring yet fact-based scientific perspective rather than the focus who dazzle with advertising campaigns.

The ones with the advertising campaigns are your own government, so......guess you agree with the other side then.

On vaccination laws, how can we be free and yet forced to give our kids something? Does that compute to you? It sure as hell doesn't to me. But oh we're free to choose what fast food restaurant we want to go to, guess that's what matters right?

Oh and on the killing people thing, I put it simply, they could give a rats about you, and any bit of research into the past will show it.

Online thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2011, 02:15:20 AM »
On vaccination laws, how can we be free and yet forced to give our kids something?
How can we be free and yet forced to not murder someone who pisses us off?

While I won't say the government can't be too intrusive, if everybody did whatever they want just because we're "free", we'd have a lot more problems than we have now.

"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2011, 03:42:13 AM »
I would just like to point out as politely as possible to PriceFan18 that you have now reached a point at which you sound like a raving lunatic.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2011, 04:00:40 AM »
I would just like to point out as politely as possible to PriceFan18 that you have now reached a point at which you sound like a raving lunatic.

You really don't pay too much attention to current events, do you? You wouldn't be seemingly surprised like you are if you did.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 04:38:40 AM »

So be it, I know a lot of people may disagree with me, but I will not back away from what I believe. And what I believe I believe quite strongly, and nothing or no one is gonna change that.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2011, 04:49:19 AM »
How can we be free and yet forced to not murder someone who pisses us off?

That's not the same scenario. That effects another human being directly, several in fact. What this is, is the state trying to dictate once again (as if they don't do it enough as it is), how a parent is going to raise their kids and what they wish to give them and what they do not. That is not their place to be doing that, it is an abuse of power to try and become the parent in effect.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 05:22:59 AM »

You should really take this to heart, Adam.  I've avoided responding directly to you because -- in this thread and others -- you seem like a nice guy with an unfortunate tendency to throw out the first notion that enters your head without researching a topic.  But now you're snowballing downhill, to the point of defending a scenario in which multiple governments, scientists, and media of multiple countries, cultures, and political backgrounds are all conspiring together to deliberately allow children to develop a serious disorder -- including the children of the purported conspirators themselves.  It has gotten ridiculous, and borderline offensive.

To keep some perspective, there are more than enough proponents of the position that there's zero way to link any specific child's disease, let alone death, to the parents subscribing to something because Jenny McCarthy said she believes it.

I don't think McCarthy is deserving of moral responsibility for children who have died because they weren't properly vaccinated, but that does not let her off the hook for actively promoting this agenda, even today.  The vaccine-autism debate had been mostly a quiet discussion until McCarthy and her then-boyfriend, Jim Carrey, went out of their way to get themselves booked on talk shows to promote their theories.  This kept the issue firmly in the public discussion long after it would have otherwise died off due to lack of evidence.  Even parents who still don't know who Jenny McCarthy is were influenced by that false-equivalency public debate.  And the fact that this organization is still subtly sticking to its guns long after Wakefield was shown to be a fraud is truly inexcusable.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 07:45:40 AM »
On vaccination laws, how can we be free and yet forced to give our kids something?

Healthcare?  Yeah, I don't have a problem with being forced to provide basic healthcare needs for the next generation.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »
On vaccination laws, how can we be free and yet forced to give our kids something? Does that compute to you?

Makes perfect sense to me. I don't know about you, but I don't want the Mumps and Measles spreading around anytime soon.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline dh027

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2011, 12:24:18 PM »
I don't like the idea in general of having guest stars on the show.  The part that disturbs me about this particular one is that someone (the show, CBS, or someone) donated to her quack cause.  Drew's twitter post mentions "a lot of money was raised for generationrescue.org".  Not only have innocent children died because their parents listened to this lunatic, but the show apparently is donating money to her horrible cause.  It is a very irresponsible thing to do, in my opinion.

Offline Season36Fan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2011, 05:39:15 PM »
Simple question Cyclone, did he have the problems before he got the shots? I'd bet you he didn't.

Given that most infants begin to be vaccinated within a few months of birth, it's impossible to know, now isn't it?   Autism typically isn't diagnosed or the first 1-2 years of life, and there is strong evidence that it is genetic, not developed, acquired or conditional.   

Sadly, when some parents have an "abnormal" child, they look to place blame wherever they can, trying to rationalize the disorder.   Many parents spend more time doing his blame-placing than loving and caring for their child.   

By the way, my wife provides therapy services for an autistic teenager.  We did a lot of study and had some training about the condition, so I'm not shooting off the hip here.  :)
Let's all take a deep breath.
Wise words.