Author Topic: CJ's Price is Right - Episode 7  (Read 28388 times)

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CJ's Price is Right - Episode 7 - SCSD2
« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2011, 04:52:38 PM »
CJ, I should let you know now that I will be on vacation from tomorrow until Monday.

Thanks! :)

Offline Shaymin

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • May we have some decorum here, please?
    • Nintendo Free Radio
« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2011, 06:41:55 PM »
I'll take 11... and I'd cross my fingers but it's hard to do that and spin simultaneously.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #152 on: October 19, 2011, 06:51:32 PM »
(Shaymin spins)(Applause)

Here we go! We've had two people get $1.00 on the wheel today...

No bonus money in the first Showdown...

How about this time?...

HERE COMES THE MONEY...

(Awws)(Dig We Must '07)

Don't worry Shaymin, you've got $1,000, and we've got some fabulous Showcases coming up... wait till you see them! They're next! Don't go away!

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CJ's Price is Right - Episode 7 - Showcases
« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2011, 06:43:17 PM »
Just a reminder that doctorwho is still on vacation. The show will resume as soon as he notifies me of his return.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2011, 08:27:37 PM »
(Dance music)(Cheers and applause)

What? The show's still going on? Oh! Welcome back!

Showcase time with our top winner, doctorwho, and the runner-up, Shaymin! (Applause) You know how it works here. Whoever bids closer to the actual retail price of their Showcase without going over wins it. Bid within $250 of the price and you win BOTH Showcases! (Applause) Let's see the first showcase of Season 40!

GEORGE: Your showcase features prizes revealed as we take a look back at an important year in our history: 1972!

First, in 1972 Atari released its first ever cabinet game: Pong!

Selling for $1200, this cabinet arcade game became a smash hit around the country and around the world.

Now you can enjoy playing Pong, along with 49 other classic arcade games on your very own home arcade! (Applause)

The Supercade has 50 of the all-time best classic games ever played in the arcade. Using original programming for authentic sound, color and gaming action, this cabinet is commercial quality and furniture grade, standing at over 5 feet tall. Includes Pong, Asteroids, Tempest, and many more!

Next, 1972 was the year in which Hewlett-Packard released the world’s first scientific pocket calculator, the HP-35!

Selling for $395, it was the first scientific calculator to fly in space, and had a battery that lasted only three hours.

HP has come a long, long way since then. Now instead of lugging around your pocket calculator, just pull up the calculator application on your new desktop computer! (Cheers and applause)

The HP Touchsmart All-In-One computer features a webcam and 23” display for video chatting and a wireless keyboard and mouse for easy navigation. Get brilliant performance from an Intel Core i7 processor, 8GB of memory and a 1.5TB hard drive! (Applause)

Finally, in September 1972, the same month as the debut of The New Price is Right on CBS, Mercedes-Benz released its first S-Class vehicle, the W116! (Ooohs)

At just over $15,000, this luxury car boasted the first electronic antilock brake system!

Today the tradition of luxury continues with the latest S-class vehicle: a new MERCEDES S400! (Wild cheers and applause)

The 2011 S400 HYBRID Sedan! The first series production hybrid vehicle in the world with a lithium-ion battery, delivering extraordinary fuel efficiency without sacrificing the legendary S-Class performance. This gorgeous 4-door comes standard with a 3.5-liter V-6 engine and electric motor, 7-speed automatic transmission with Touch Shift, 10-way air bag protection, attention assist, navigation, rear view camera, and much more! Plus diamond white metallic exterior. The Mercedes-Benz S400!

A lot has changed in 40 years, but one thing hasn’t: this showcase can be yours if The Price is Right! (Cheers and applause)

Well, I think that's a pretty good Showcase, don't you? Still, the choice is yours, doctorwho. Will you bid or pass?

Offline doctorwho

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2011, 08:40:22 PM »
I'm going to bid $90,000.  That car seems expensive (at least to me).

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #156 on: October 24, 2011, 09:00:08 PM »
$90,000 even!
DING!

That means, Shaymin, that THIS is your Showcase!

GEORGE: Your showcase features prizes revealed as we celebrate our 40th anniversary on CBS! (Cheers and applause)

Traditionally, the 40th anniversary is the RUBY anniversary. So what better way to celebrate than by offering you some rubies of your own… these gorgeous ruby earrings! (Ooohs and applause)

Heat up your look with these earrings that feature half-inch pear-cut ruby and round-cut diamond set in exquisite 14k gold.

Next, we’re sending you off to mine for some rubies of your own, in a place they’re commonly found, Thailand! (Cheers and applause)

You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Bangkok, Thailand for a 6-night stay at the Shangri-La Hotel! On the Chao Phraya River, this 25-story garden-landscaped hotel lies within 2 miles of Silom Road shops and the Royal Palace, featuring tennis courts, two pools, five restaurants, river cruises, and a health club and spa. And we’ve included transportation to and from the airport.

Plus, dine on Thai cuisine before embarking on an evening safari around Bangkok’s Khao Kheow Open Zoo. Hop aboard a tram for a peek at some of the residents of this internationally designated “wildlife bank”! (Applause)

Finally, when you return home, we hope you’ll think about us every time you hop in the driver’s seat of your very own RUBY red CORVETTE! (Wild cheers and applause)

The 2011 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1! The fastest GM production car of all time with 638hp and the ability to go from 0 to 60mph in only 3.4 seconds! Comes with standard features including a 6.2L supercharged V8 SFI engine and 6-speed manual transmission, 20-spoke silver painted aluminum wheels, AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback, and 7 speakers. The Corvette ZR1! (Cheers and applause)

And this showcase, after which we hope to see you here for our gold anniversary…

...can be yours IF The Price Is Right! (Cheers and applause)

Another spectacular Showcase! What do you bid, Shaymin?

Offline Shaymin

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • May we have some decorum here, please?
    • Nintendo Free Radio
« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2011, 09:50:42 PM »
Oh... my... god...

One seventeen... four. $117,400.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2011, 10:19:19 PM »
One HUNDRED seventeen thousand four hundred!

DING! (Main Theme 2007)(Cheers and applause)

The exciting conclusion to our season premiere show... Right... After... THIS!

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2011, 11:11:45 PM »
(Main Theme 2007)(Cheers and applause)

Welcome back! This is it... Will it be Shaymin, or will it be doctorwho? Let's start with doctorwho. You bid $90,000 on your Showcase. The actual retail price of your Showcase IS....

Holy mackerel... NINETY-FIVE THOUSAND... (Cheers and applause) six fifty-eight... For a difference of...

DING!

$5,658. A pretty darn good bid on a very expensive Showcase. Shaymin, if you've bid better, you'll win your Showcase. You bid $117,400. You had that beautiful Corvette... The actual retail price of your Showcase...

IS...

Oh...

My...

Goodness...

One hundred SIXTEEN (Screams and groans) thousand one-thirty-seven!

MRRRRRP! You're over! DOCTORWHO IS OUR WINNER!!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING! (Main Theme 2007)(Massive cheers and applause)

doctorwho has won more than $126,000 in prizes! Congratulations! What a finish to an AMAZING show!

Thank you all so much for sticking with us for the last 39 years. Here's to another 40! For all of us here at The Price Is Right, CJBojangles saying GOOD-bye!

GEORGE: This is George Gray speaking for The Price Is Right! A Mark Goodson Internet Production!

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2011, 11:32:37 PM »
What a show! I couldn't have hoped for a better outcome. Well, maybe a perfect show. ;)

Here's your game winnings! Lots of big winners this time!

doctorwho:  $126,186
OneBidTris:  $42,373
Roadgeek Adam:  $41,279
wheelfan1991:  $26,005
Shaymin:  $1,560
wpghi5:  $930
TPIRighteous:  EasyFeet
sideshowPA:  EasyFeet
JoePlinko:  EasyFeet

TOTAL WINNINGS:  $238,333
TOTAL PERCENTAGE WON OF PRIZES OFFERED: 65%
TOTAL GIVEN AWAY IN 7 HYO SHOWS: $1,749,533

Thanks for playing, everyone. We had a record 27 signups this time around! As always, I welcome your comments, questions, and suggestions.

Offline WooWho

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 1/20/2010
« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2011, 03:47:02 AM »
I've gotta say, CJ, those were very, very well-written showcases.  And of course, I'm blown away by your graphics.  Excellent work!

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2011, 11:32:37 AM »
Thanks, WooWho! :)

Offline offerta

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #163 on: October 25, 2011, 12:44:44 PM »
Nice Episode! ;)

Offline tdawgg3x

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #164 on: November 01, 2011, 09:55:52 AM »
Hey CJ... my apologies for the delay.  My computer no longer works at all, but that doesn't stop me from missing out on everything.  And now, the end credits.

The following suppliers of products
have paid for their use
and promotion:

JOHNSON & JOHNSON, INC.

PROCTER & GAMBLE, INC.

LINK SNACKS, INC.

KRAFT FOODS, INC.

DEL MONTE CORPORATION

WM WRIGLEY, JR. COMPANY

EASYFEET

The following suppliers of products
or services have furnished them
free or less than retail:

SONY ELECTRONICS, INC.

CHEVROLET

HYUNDAI

HUMAN TOUCH, INC.

BRITA

CUSINART

VIZIO, INC.

POTTERY BARN KIDS

AVELAR PALACE HOTEL

DANBY

CELESTRON

HOWARD MILLER CLOCK COMPANY

WATERROWER ROWING MACHINE

HONDA CORPORATION

MAZDA

ATARI CORPORATION

HEWLETT-PACKARD, INC.

MERCEDES-BENZ

SHANGRI-LA HOTELS & RESORT

Models' Wardrobe
Furnished by
FUNKY

All prices are the suggested
manufacturer's supplier's retail
prices unless otherwise announced.

All contestants must meet eligibility requirements
in order to receive announced prizes.

GEORGE:  This is George Gray speaking for The Price is Right!

A Mark Goodson Internet Production!  Stay tuned for "The Young and The Restless" one-half hour from now over most of these CBS stations!

Executive Producer
CJ BOJANGLES

Producer
ADAM SANDLER

Co-Producers
STANLEY BLITS
SUE MacINTYRE

Directed by
MICHAEL DIMICH

Music by
EDD KALEHOFF
for