Author Topic: Introduction to the Season 40 Recap Thread  (Read 9686 times)

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
Introduction to the Season 40 Recap Thread
« on: September 27, 2011, 12:41:57 PM »
So apparently, the crash that took the site out occured before it could back up my original preseason changes. So I have to redo this from scratch.

What you can expect from me is the same as last season (so I cut-and-paste it from last year's into, thusly):

1) I get out of work around 3pm ET on weekdays. On a typical first-run gameday, I will post the day's recap by 5pm ET, typically some time in the 4pm hour. If I cannot get the recap out by 5pm ET, I will post a filler thread at 2pm ET, and post the actual recap when I get it finished.

2) If we do end up with some prime time specials, I will post the recap during the 11pm ET hour. I'll post a filler thread earlier if I can't get the recap up by then.

3) As for moderation, I don't have a gigantic ego, so I can take constructive criticism or the pointing-out of errors. If you find an error, please let me know. If you don't like something, feel free to PM your concern. If you insult me or anybody else, expect appropriate action to take place. I will not suffer a flame war.

4) This place is for commenting on individual episodes. Please leave general show criticism in The Talk is Right. Referencing past episodes when talking about current ones is fine.

This fall I am a bit more busy than previous years. I am now a PA announcer for a local high school's varsity football team, so some Fridays I will be out, and the recap will be pushed to Saturday. I will also continue to refine my recapping features as time progresses. I'll roll out my weekly summary eventually; I haven't had the werewithal to incorporate suggestions yet.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:46:26 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline pjheath

• In the Audience
Re: Introduction to the Season 40 Recap Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 02:45:16 PM »
Sounds great. I am already enjoying season 40! I'm sure that there will be a 40th season prime time special on real soon

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 04:15:04 PM »
I'm sure that there will be a 40th season prime time special on real soon

I'm sure that there won't be, so where does that put us?

There is just realistically no room on the CBS primetime schedule right now for such a program.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline pjheath

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 05:01:35 PM »
I think there will be! This is the 40th season of TPIR! There was a prime time special for the 30th season

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »
*sigh* Here we go again:

There's not a need for it in the CBS schedule. All of their shows are performing well. They're not going to replace a show that's performing well for a daytime game show celebrating a milestone. There wouldn't have been a 30th anniversary special had CBS not felt it'd help their primetime ratings. Flerbert just got through saying that.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 02:47:20 PM »
*sigh* Here we go again:

There's not a need for it in the CBS schedule. All of their shows are performing well. They're not going to replace a show that's performing well for a daytime game show celebrating a milestone. There wouldn't have been a 30th anniversary special had CBS not felt it'd help their primetime ratings. Flerbert just got through saying that.
With NBC adding more holes in their schedule than the swiss do to cheese, they should air a Price Special on NBC.  :roll:

/just kidding, of course
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 03:08:28 PM »
With NBC adding more holes in their schedule than the swiss do to cheese, they should air a Price Special on NBC.  :roll:

Looks like Drew will have to get a bigger chin! :lol:
Signatures are overrated.