Author Topic: WWTBAM 9/29  (Read 5222 times)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: WWTBAM 9/29
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 02:11:32 PM »
I think he posts here occasionally.

What gave it away?  The fact that he already posted in this thread?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 07:03:17 PM »
I enjoyed this episode.

While I didn't think he needed to ask the audience, I still think he did great. Hope I can see tomorrow.

The only reason I could watch today was because it was random early release day. Not tomorrow though. :(

Offline katrinka_ohio

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 01:35:34 PM »
Good job, Chad!  Nice amount to end up with.  I'm very proud of you.
Go fellow Buckeye Drew!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 05:04:15 PM »
How do you know that? What if 10 of his ignores are banned members and 6 are spam accounts / trolls? Not disagreeing with your point, I'm just saying your argument is flawed. I think showing ignore counts is silly simply because it's usually the trolls/egg heads that ignore someone. (Case in point, mt0708, richfieldsfan.....)

I know for a fact that not all of Chad's 16 ignores come from banned members or trolls.  I am not a troll, and I've had him on ignore for the past 2 years.  Most of what dh027 has said about him is exactly right.  For years, I thought that Chad was a decent person.  But over the last 2 years, his posts on this forum and the WWTBAM Bored--on top of his rejecting my Facebook friend request--have revealed who he really is:  a disrespectful, self-important, cowardly jackass.  And I will neither apologize for nor recant what I've said, either, because I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.

But getting back on topic, I haven't watched WWTBAM since the new format started last year.  I didn't get to watch a single episode last season because no station in Lexington carried it, so that played a part.  Our CW affiliate picked it up this season, but I've had no interest in watching.  I'd rather watch Maury Povich read DNA results.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline TheTechSGT

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 10:23:57 PM »
BRB:  make that 17 ignores.  I'm one of them.  You and dh are both right--a very smug and arrogant, to say nothing of abrasive, person indeed.  I can only find a few posts in his entire history that don't in some way make it appear as though he thinks he's somehow better than everyone else.  It's regrettable, but there it is.  And seeing how he's gone after people and come out swinging, I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't been banned.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:29:09 PM by TheTechSGT »

Offline chad1m

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 11:51:06 PM »
To those of you who praised me, thank you very much. I appreciate your watching of the show and I hope you enjoyed it.

To those of you who are having more fun getting your jollies off by attacking me in what is clearly being overlooked by the moderators, if this is what it takes to make yourself feel important and good around these parts, then so be it. The fact that you're taking ignores so seriously when someone who might as well be considered an honorary administrator here has the highest ignore count around here is amusing. (And Facebook requests? Really? Give me a break. I generally don't friend notorious liars and exaggerators.)

Again, thanks to the supporters. The haters will just roll off my back as I move on.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 01:39:02 AM »
It's unfortunate that this thread has become what it has. Whatever your thoughts are on Chad... you should at least be happy for him to make it on a game show. It was nice to see him on Millionaire, and I certainly enjoyed seeing him do so well. He's been posting on several game show message boards just like me, so it's cool to see him actually on a game show. So just as I said after seeing him on Million Dollar Password... congratulations, Chad! You're practically a game show veteran now. :P

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 09:34:17 AM »
While the haters are "rolling off his back" (never heard that phrasing before), can someone please provide some detailed information (other than "he did well") on how the show went? Some of us weren't able to watch and only know vaguely based on the description here, before it turned into a discussion of the reputation of the contestant himself, rather than his performance on the show.

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 09:54:02 AM »
In brief, Carlos:

Despite asking the audience on the first question, which in my opinion it appeared on air he knew anyway but wasn't confident enough, Chad went along very well, including doubling the 25k question, before ultimately walking away on the last question of the first level with a grand total of $43,550.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 10:37:07 AM »
Wow, that is a nice total! Thank you for the information. I hadn't seen it posted anywhere, and I had no idea how to find out other than to ask here.  :biggrin:

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 01:19:43 PM »
Wow, that is a nice total! Thank you for the information. I hadn't seen it posted anywhere, and I had no idea how to find out other than to ask here.  :biggrin:
Someone online has posted both days of his appearance.

Day One
Day Two

I'm glad someone did because I hadn't seen the show, either. When he got the double money question correct I was like "there is no way it is $25K." What a surprise. Good job.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline SecretChip

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 3/26/24 C.N.A.O.S Member
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 06:27:47 PM »
I'm more jealous that Chad got a peck on the cheek by Meredith!

Any plans for the winnings?

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 04:44:06 PM »
BRB:  make that 17 ignores.  I'm one of them.  You and dh are both right--a very smug and arrogant, to say nothing of abrasive, person indeed.  I can only find a few posts in his entire history that don't in some way make it appear as though he thinks he's somehow better than everyone else.  It's regrettable, but there it is.  And seeing how he's gone after people and come out swinging, I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't been banned.

Chad to me seems pretty well liked around here. DOn't remember him having been banned. I was banned for a week for number crunching in the chatroom this past week.

Offline TheTechSGT

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 05:09:48 PM »
Chad has 17 ignores.  Look at his post history.  I don't think you could call him "well liked" in any way that's supported by facts.

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2011, 05:59:35 PM »
Chad has 17 ignores.  Look at his post history.  I don't think you could call him "well liked" in any way that's supported by facts.

I have apparently 18 ignores too(just checked it), because some people remember me opening my mouth over the past 15 years and some like it, some don't, some ignore it, some don't.