Author Topic: WWTBAM 9/29  (Read 5221 times)

Offline TheTechSGT

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: WWTBAM 9/29
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2011, 09:14:02 PM »
I could hazard a guess as to why you have 18 ignores and that it has less to do with the last 15 years than it does the last five.  SteveGavazzi could probably elaborate...just search for "Zach" and you'll see.

Different people around here do different things that get on peoples' nerves.  Some are like Chad and simply impissible to get along with (I like GoldenBulldog's phrasing the best); others post threads that even OILF has no place for ("Is X rigged?" for example, or the most recent "Ban the person above you").  Some others obsess over a day's losses on PiR.  The number of ignores tells us how many people are throwing their hands up and not wanting to read anything else from certain users.  I think we can all agree that five is about average for most people; 10 is a fair amount and 15 is "a lot."  Anything above that is...more than a lot.

Chad has 17, and looking at his post history (as well as the Encyclopedia Dramatica entry, which names him) it's easy to figure out why.  As for your 18...well, just search for "Zach."

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2011, 09:19:49 PM »
Different people around here do different things that get on peoples' nerves.  Some are like Chad and simply impissible to get along with (I like GoldenBulldog's phrasing the best); others post threads that even OILF has no place for ("Is X rigged?" for example, or the most recent "Ban the person above you").  Some others obsess over a day's losses on PiR.  The number of ignores tells us how many people are throwing their hands up and not wanting to read anything else from certain users.  I think we can all agree that five is about average for most people; 10 is a fair amount and 15 is "a lot."  Anything above that is...more than a lot.

Wow. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. I asked that question because I kept seeing losses in Secret X.

Offline TheTechSGT

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2011, 09:44:34 PM »
Gameshowboy:  for the record, I was referring to ssetta's topic from a few days ago about whether Wheel of Fortune was rigged.  I had completely forgotten about your topic about Secret X.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:47:23 PM by TheTechSGT »

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2011, 10:05:23 PM »
It's okay. I thought you were pointing to me for this blame :)

Offline TheTechSGT

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 10:28:59 AM »
Gameshowboy:  don't be so quick to play the victim, does nothing but annoy others and makes you seem immature.

I will add though that the topic you posted about Secret X being rigged falls into the same category as ssetta's WoF thread...doesn't matter how many losses it has, a major network gameshow is never going to be rigged in whole or in part, so it's ridiculous to even suggest it.

Offline kianworld

• In Contestant's Row
  • More of a lurker now.
Re: Let's talk about nothing Millionaire Related
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 11:49:09 AM »
Wow, this thingy has gone off in a different direction. Fast.

But being on topic, good game you had there Chad. :-)

Also, I don't give a crap about my ignores. :P

Offline shieldsy101

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2011, 11:14:34 PM »
Congratulations Chad on your winnings!!

And seconded to what kianworld said. I really couldn't give a flying monkey's about the fact that X amount of people are ignoring me on a "forum". Would you ignore them in real life. I mean seriously, if you met me at say, a taping of TPIR (not that this would happen, considering where I live), and I said, "Hi, I'm Shieldsy101 from Golden Road.net", would you really just turn your back on me, rather than at least try to have a genuine conversation with me. If the answer to the above question is YES, then I'm sorry, but you need to have a good look at yourself, before judging me.

Hurricane Microsoft - It'll make your Windows Crash
Andrew Hansen from the Chaser's War on Everything (Australian Comedy Series) discussing whether companies should brand a natural disaster