Author Topic: Happy 40th Birthday Walt Disney World  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Disneyfreak

• Double Showcase Winner
  • facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Happy 40th Birthday Walt Disney World
« on: October 01, 2011, 03:50:09 PM »
Today celebrates the 40th Year of Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando.  This past week had that trip in the showcase! 

http://www.cbs.com/daytime/the_price_is_right/video/?pid=CCqcYlBPu1t3S4k7xdoK_mqxf0D6eAA8&vs=Default&play=true

Ann aka Disneyfreak
facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Add/Follow me on Social Media!!

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Happy 40th Birthday Walt Disney World
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 04:18:21 PM »
Also, I just read that today marks the 50th anniversary of "Mister Ed" A horse is a horse of course of course with mr. ed.

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 04:22:52 PM »
Happy Anniversary Disney World And To Mr. Ed.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline Disneyfreak

• Double Showcase Winner
  • facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 04:25:57 PM »
Didn't know that..happy 50th to Mr. Ed!!  :))
Ann aka Disneyfreak
facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Add/Follow me on Social Media!!

Offline jmenjes

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Mouseketeer
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 08:39:14 PM »
Not only was Saturday the 40th anniversary of WDW (and Spyne and myself were there; didn't run into each other, though), it was also the 29th anniversary of Epcot.

I was crazy enough to get to the Magic Kingdom at 6:55 am to try and get a wristband to buy some special 40th anniversary pins.  Unfortunately, I missed out (the wristband giveaway ran out 5 people in front of me).
"You're dead if you aim only for kids.
Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
---Walt Disney

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 10:46:09 PM »
I had celebrated Saturday by watching online the Muppets' 1990 special at the park, which had been released a mere few weeks before Jim Henson's (a happy posthumous 75th as well) untimely death (which you could from a certain point of view blame partially on Michael Eisner for running a rough merger negotiation (he wanted everything, while Henson insisted the Sesame gang be kept separate for educational purposes).  While not their best special, it does have a reasonably good charm, with a return by Charles Grodin to menace them (although not as Nicky Holliday) and a nice cameo by Sprocket--and Mickey himself. 

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 11:46:35 PM »
And I just read tonight that today marks the 50 year anniversary of "The Dick Van Dyke Show".