Author Topic: Has the WOF Bonus Wheel ever been rigged??  (Read 2568 times)

Offline ssetta

• Walking the Golden Road
Has the WOF Bonus Wheel ever been rigged??
« on: October 02, 2011, 02:42:12 PM »
As most of you may know, the Million Dollar Envelope on WOF has only ever been landed on and won once back on 10/14/08. I know there have been times where they ALMOST landed on it, but didn't quite make it. So now here's what I'm wondering. The reason why I'm thinking this is because as most of you probably remember, in the TPiR MDS's from 2003 when they had the Million Dollar bonus spin, there were a few instances where the wheel ALMOST landed on the dollar, but didn't quite make it, as seen in these two clips here:

Painful spin #1:

Painful spin #2:

I never actually thought about this at the time these aired, but from reading all the comments, and looking closely, it seems like the wheel was rigged. They simply did this because they couldn't afford to gave away $1,000,000 too often. I'm wondering if Wheel of Fortune has done something similar if they saw the wheel was going to stop on the Million Dollar envelope, since I'm pretty sure they know ahead of time where it is, as they often show where it was if the contestant was able to bring the wedge to the BR. But do YOU think the Bonus Wheel could be rigged?

Offline themountainclimber

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • Make it a super stretch!
Re: Has the WOF Bonus Wheel ever been rigged??
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 02:48:18 PM »
Dude, you've done this before. THE BONUS WHEEL IS NOT RIGGED. THE BONUS WHEEL IS NOT RIGGED.

Where's my megaphone? Oh there it is...

THE BONUS WHEEL IS NOT RIGGED.

It's illegal, and will never happen.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 02:50:45 PM by themountainclimber »

Offline wheelfan1991

• "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 02:54:50 PM »
Heh....you just don't get it do you....An actual Wheel of Fortune fan site tells you that it is NOT rigged, never has been, nor will be; so you turn to another site and ask the same damn thing! Geeze.....it was locked at Wheel Lover's (thanks to cu2010) and I am sure it will be here as well....I hope...
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 03:09:02 PM »
First, there is no way the wheel is rigged.  Not only would it be incredibly stupid, but it would also be illegal.

But, maybe some of your wheel junkies can answer some specific questions about the million-dollar bonus round:
1.  How many times has a contestant actually made it to the bonus round with the bonus wedge since its inception?
2.  How many spaces are on the bonus round wheel?

Just curious.

Thanks
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Online PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 03:19:04 PM »
Any game show rigging would cause an immediate cancellation.  You're letting a few outliers influence your way of thinking.

Just because there were two painful near misses on the primetime Price doesn't mean the Big Wheel was rigged.  There have been MANY near-misses on the daytime version over the 37 years the Big Wheel has been there, yet I've heard no complaints of "Oh, it's rigged!"  Not only that, how many double dollars have you seen on the daytime show?  Last season, we got one about 1 out of every 30 shows.  So we should have seen about 1 out of every 30 shows on the nighttime version resulting in a double dollar win.  Since we didn't have that many shows which had the $1M bonus on the Big Wheel, you can see why it wasn't given away.

Let's use the same thinking on Wheel.  Assuming the contestant can even get the wedge all the way to the end, you have a 1 in 24 chance of spinning it.  How many have been able to do that, maybe a handful a season?

The odds of winning the $1M are very low in each scenario, which makes the win all that more special.  That's why the producers set it up that way.  If it became all too common of winning it, they'd remove it altogether.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 04:14:58 PM »
But, maybe some of your wheel junkies can answer some specific questions about the million-dollar bonus round:
2.  How many spaces are on the bonus round wheel?

24, currently labelled "AMERICA'S*GAME*SPIN&WIN*"
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 05:13:02 PM »
I haven't seen anyone win the million on the actual show itself, but I did see a YouTube video of it happening. Even if the $100,000 was on the bonus wheel and not the million dollar envelope, it's still NOT rigged because the odds of winning the $100,000 is the same as winning the $1 million.

Offline supersaver87

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 06:43:40 PM »
But do YOU think the Bonus Wheel could be rigged?

No, no, no!!!

This ain't the fifties. We have laws preventing this kind of thing.

Besides, Wheel is such a high-profile show. No way in Hades would they do something that stupid.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 11:53:49 PM »
Wheel is such a high-profile show. No way in Hades would they do something that stupid.
Precisely. They would much rather do stupid things with no purpose, such as dubbing over people.

(I have read their reasoning for the first set of dubs, and I do not buy it.)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:56:21 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline wheelfan1991

• "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 01:13:10 AM »
Precisely. They would much rather do stupid things with no purpose, such as dubbing over people.

(I have read their reasoning for the first set of dubs, and I do not buy it.)

I can actually understand why they dubbed over Charlie. It would sound really creepy here him know that he was dead...I am not exactly sure why the did dub over him, but maybe it was his family's wish.
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 08:50:24 AM »
No, it's not rigged, and it's so ludicrous to even suggest that that I'm not sure why I didn't lock this thread the first time I saw it.

Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy