Author Topic: Game Shows with extra time giving the Audience a chance to win...  (Read 1286 times)

Offline BobJacobsenVer1

• Double Showcase Winner
So we all know after the show ends, on Lets Make a Deal theres quick deals.. I'm trying to remember other shows when they had extra time they gave the audience a chance to win... Either the host going into the audience or bringing an audience member on stage.. I know there was atleast one or two more but I can't remember for the life of me... Part of me wants to say Ray Combs feud but I can't see it vividly enough to be sure... Any help?

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
Re: Game Shows with extra time giving the Audience a chance to win...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 09:48:37 AM »
Nickelodeon's What Would You Do had the wall o'stuff
here is a clip.  Jump to 20 mins 50 sec
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 10:03:13 AM »
Others (if there was actually time to kill) include:

Joker's Wild 90
Make the Grade (Morris)
Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?
Trivial Pursuit
Figure It Out (some happened if the first half ran very short, though)

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 10:30:43 AM »
And of course at the end of Caesar's Challenge, Ahmad would go into the audience to offer guests a chance for Caesar's Palace coins. 

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 10:36:31 AM »
Million Dollar Shuffle (I refuse to call it Millionaire) did it a few times last season, too...if the contestant ended before the end of the show, but they only had enough time to get through one more question, they would give the next question in the stack to a random audience member for $1000.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline tadixon757

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 10:39:24 AM »
Million Dollar Shuffle (I refuse to call it Millionaire) did it a few times last season, too...if the contestant ended before the end of the show, but they only had enough time to get through one more question, they would give the next question in the stack to a random audience member for $1000.

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread, and you just beat me to the punch. I have seen it happen there a few times in the current season as well.
-- Thad Dixon

Offline pete1974

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 10:53:36 AM »
The early 90s version of "To Tell the Truth" had an audience game at the end where the announcer would select an audience member to hear two stories from a person on stage and after some questioning from the panel, determine which one was true.

That was the first time I ever saw Charlie O Donnell on camera.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 11:18:23 AM »
Tic Tac Dough (Wink Martindale) and The Joker's Wild (Jack Barry) had audience games!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 11:23:04 AM »
On Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?, to fill time in case a show ended early, The Chief would call an audience member into her office to ask them a geography question.  If they give a correct answer, The Chief gives the member a Carmen t-shirt, while an incorrect answer resulted in winning a world atlas.

On some Classic Concentration episodes, there was an audience game that was played like the car round, but for a cash prize of up to $500.  There were prizes of $5, $10, $15, $20, $25, $50, $75, and $100.

Also, probably my favorite audience game, Face the Devil from the syndicated run of The Joker's Wild in the '70's and '80's; three audience members would be called and each would have one spin of the reels.  In the first round, amounts were as low as $10 and high as $50, IIRC.  The highest scorer would play against the devil like the on-stage contestants would; try to accumulate $1,000 or more without seeing the devil, and they'd win the money and a prize.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 02:23:36 PM »
On occasion the 1979-82 syndicated Match Game had Gene Rayburn in the audience giving folks a chance at matching a fill-in-the-blank posit with a celebrity panelist for $50. The original Match Game (1962-69) in its late run had an audience member writing down a response to a fill-in-the-blank before airtime and splitting a cash prize with a home viewer called at random if the home viewer correctly predicts what the audience member said.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 06:04:56 AM »
WIn Lose or Draw had people come up from the audience to win $100 if one of the teams guessed the puzzle the contestant drew. Super Pay Cards when aired in Canada had a contestant from the audience play a game like their bonus round for a prize.

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 11:33:13 PM »
If you include Canada you can also throw in The Mad Dash.