Author Topic: CSS Results for December 6  (Read 3425 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for December 6
« on: December 06, 2006, 01:12:02 PM »
Another interesting day in CSS. Waverunner and expensive stove showcase, meet Tahiti and Cadillac. I think that many of us way underestimated that stove; if I remember correctly, it's in the $6-7K range, much like the evil bathtub. And Tahiti can be tricky... we've had major wipeouts with those tropical vacations, so I can see a reason to play it safe. But coupled with a Cadillac, boy did some people garf!

Today we have two ties for best bids, and therefore the other showcase bid has to decide the cash winner. On the Waverunner, both leafsfan and BRB_TheFireball scored a $768 difference, but Fireball's $1002 better bid on the car gets him the money.

Up at the top, GoldenBulldog and pathfinder20 DSW on the Cadillac with a very impressive $64 difference. Again, the margin isn't huge, but by $1181, GoldenBulldog has to settle for the silver today and pathfinder20 runs off with almost $78K!

And poor apeminkie. :-(

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for December 6, 2006 -- Game 55
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: CSS Results for December 6
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 02:21:09 PM »
WOOHOO!  3 showcase wins in a row and 5 days in a row in which I've placed in the Top 3!  :-D  :-D  :-D

And I do believe that this is a historic first--the first time that both showcases had two people post the same winning bid.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 03:37:38 PM »
Good going Fireball!

I guess playing conservatively paid off for me, I may have GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRFed but I didn't go over.  I would take a garf over an overbid any day
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline apeminkie

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GRECO
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 03:43:40 PM »
Man, have I been getting aggressive lately for bids--today's only overbid came from my $3,000+ overbid on the Caddy.

I can't see why I have been starting to overbid the Showcases with $20,000+ cars, either.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 03:44:21 PM »
(jaw drops to the floor in absolute shock)

Me and Pathfinder20 both had differences of $64 on Showcase #2?  Awww, I was JUST THREE POINTS away from my first CSS points win... :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Here's what happened.  For the Waverunner Showcase, I wasn't sure how much those things cost, so I wound up bidding conservatively.  As for Showcase #2, I knew full well that the Caddy at the end was a DTS, which is a little more expensive than a CTS.  I was tempted to bid $60,000 for Showcase #2, but I decided to shave $5000 off because of a fear of going over.   :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 06:16:16 PM »

GoldenBulldog wrote:
I was JUST THREE POINTS away from my first CSS points win...

It's worse than that. Those are points x2. You were only 1.49 raw points away.
BuddyTom

-- Freude!

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 06:46:10 PM »
Wow my first DSW!!! (It's okay Bully.  It was really close... *Consoles Bully*) Anyway I hope I do just as well tomorrow... :lol:

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 07:15:56 PM »

BuddyTom wrote:

GoldenBulldog wrote:
I was JUST THREE POINTS away from my first CSS points win...

It's worse than that. Those are points x2. You were only 1.49 raw points away.

Awwwww MAN!!  Only 1.49 points away from a win...I guess I was a part of the closest CSS loss in history... :-(

Kourtney Wilson (a.k.a. Pathfinder20) wrote:

Wow my first DSW!!! (It's okay Bully. It was really close... *Consoles Bully*)

Thanks Kourtney, but thou shalt not be so lucky tomorrow... :-D  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 07:37:03 PM »

GoldenBulldog wrote:
Awwwww MAN!!  Only 1.49 points away from a win...I guess I was a part of the closest CSS loss in history... :-(

Pardon me, but this is an...

HISTORIC WRONG! :-D

Less than a month ago, on November 17th, FieldsFan336's margin of victory over PaulMiller appears on the spreadsheet as 00.18 points. As it was double values Friday, the margin was really 00.09.
BuddyTom

-- Freude!

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 07:41:44 PM »
Either way, 1.49 points is MIGHTY close.  I'm actually proud of the fact that this was my first career Top 3 finish, and this was also my first career DSW--although I didn't win any money.  If I were to bid just $5,700 more on Showcase #1, I would've wound up with an ultra-rare QSW.

Come to think of it now, I had originally intended to bid $22,700 for Showcase #1, but I had this ongoing fear of going OVER, so I shaved my bid considerably.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 08:05:23 PM »

BuddyTom wrote:

GoldenBulldog wrote:

Pardon me, but this is an...

HISTORIC WRONG! :-D

Less than a month ago, on November 17th, FieldsFan336's margin of victory over PaulMiller appears on the spreadsheet as 00.18 points. As it was double values Friday, the margin was really 00.09.

Wow, now that's what I call a "squeaker" win.  I never knew it was THAT close! :-D
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 09:14:25 PM »
No matter how ugly it was today, I got points for the third time this week. Considering my position on the leaderboard, I desperately need them.