Author Topic: Some late news from Florida... (anime-related)  (Read 737 times)

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Some late news from Florida... (anime-related)
« on: October 24, 2011, 12:17:04 AM »
I know I should've said this a few weeks ago (but I was busy so I couldn't do it), but I was doing some random Google search one day when surprisingly, this interesting newsflash from Orlando came across my eye:

http://www.floridaanime.com/2011/10/04/press-release-the-florida-anime-2012-guest-of-honor-is

According to the report, Canadian actress Terri Hawkes, who is vividly remembered as the voice of Serena Tsukino in the DiC dub of Sailor Moon, will be making an appearance at Florida Anime Experience around May 25-27, 2012.

To those who may/may not know about it, Hawkes was the voice of Serena/Sailor Moon for the majority of the DiC dub, and through all 3 of the feature films. She left upon the start of the Cloverway dub in 2000 when she was expecting twins, and was succeeded by Linda Ballantyne therefore.

What are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:21:13 AM by whowouldeverhurtawhammy »
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
Re: Some late news from Florida... (anime-related)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 12:40:36 AM »
That's awesome, I loved Terri as the voice of Serena/Sailor Moon!  I never got to meet her at the big annual summer event in Toronto, but I've met some of the other voice actors from the dub and they're all really nice - a couple I've met on more than one occasion.

Here's all the people I've met from the dub, I have their autographs too:

• Stephanie Morgenstern (Sailor Venus #1)
  • Susan Roman (Sailor Jupiter)
  • Tracey Hoyt (Rini #1)
  • Roland Parliament (Melvin)
  • Toby Proctor (Tuxedo Mask #2)
  • Rob Tinkler (Rubeus)
  • Kirsten Bishop (Zoicite)
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: Some late news from Florida... (anime-related)
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 01:39:29 PM »
Someone is going to be making a public appearance at a con in Florida seven months from now?  I don't think that qualifies as 'late'.

(Or 'news', for that matter, but I admit to not particularly caring about Sailor Moon.)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy