Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/08/2006  (Read 11885 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/08/2006
« on: December 08, 2006, 02:17:10 PM »

Production #3975K - Taped Oct. 12, 2006

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: right to left  

Handoff: Brandi

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Brandi Sherwood

Wearing: Carabella

1   Golden West Pool Table (L&R)

CHARLES *1999
CATHERINE 1500
ARLENE 1495
JULIE 1200
($3000)

Charles plays ONE WRONG PRICE

NordicCrack Elliptical Trainer (R)$721$1000
Gemstone Globe (B)PICK26002600LOSS
Broyhill Elk River Sofa (L)1538

2   Oneida Julliard Flatware (B&R)

COREY 1500
+Catherine 3500
+Arlene 1600
+Julie *1
($1005)
STUPID BID

Julie plays STACK THE DECK for a Chevy Cobalt (Std., AirBag, ALB)(L)

Setup:   2 1 5 6 4 8 3

(Westbrae Natural) Salad Beans
Jelly Belly Jelly Beans (bag)$2.99$2.99*(5) 5

(Dole) Pineapple Slices (15 oz)
(VO5) Hot Oil Treatment3.493.49*(3) 3

(Blue Star) Ointment6.196.19*(4) 8
(Nesquik) Drink Mix (32 oz)

Picks:$1 6 3 8 5
Price:$1 4 3 8 5   LOSS

3   VocoPro Duet Karaoke System (L)

Corey 650
+Catherine 651
+Arlene *675
TARALYNN 600
($739)

Arlene plays BALANCE GAME '06 for a Chalet Alpine Folding Camping Trailer (B)

[  255][3000][7000] [4000] 
[11255]LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1Spinoff
$739Arlene55 + 10.65
1,005Julie80 stay.80.75Through to Showcase Round
3,000Charles15 + 65.80.55

4   Howard Miller Vercelli Floor Clock (B)

Corey 2500
+Catherine *1
EDWARD 1625
Taralynn 2050
($1375)

Catherine, the last of the "First Four", plays PUNCHBOARD

Spin Spa Shower Brush$9HIGHER$15*(17)50
Fiesta Buffet Station70LOWER50*(26)100
Story Reader Video+50HIGHER30
(Norelco) Rechargeable Shaver21HIGHER30*( 1 )50LOSS

5   Stainless Dishwasher (R-aboard "Chugs")

Corey 800
JOSEPHINE 450
Edward *650
Taralynn 799
($699)

Edward plays BARGAIN BAR for two trips...

Dublin, IRE (Aer Lingus; 6n @ Fitzpatrick's Castle)(B)$3063$5063$2000
Rome (6n @ Tiberio)(L)PICK$3658$6658$3000WIN!

6    KA LawnBott Evolution Robotic Lawn Mower/Commit Lozenges (L)

Corey *2000
Josephine 502
LORI 625
Taralynn 850
($2499)

Corey plays ANY NUMBER

Picks: 9 8 7 5 0 4 2 3
Chevy HHR LS (Std., AT, Remote, ALB, BlkHtr, Prot)(B)$1 7,9 3 4WIN!
Broyhill Continents Bar Cabinet (R)$-- 5 0($650)
That Damned Piggy Bank$8.2 --($8.21)

SHOWDOWN #2

$1,570Catherine25 +  10.35
12,240Edward85 stay.85Through to Showcase Round
20,473Corey65 +100OV

SHOWCASE ROUND

Edward has the honor.

SC1-Julie

Aegean Sleepwear
Broyhill Elk River Bedroom Group
King Koil Comfort Sensations Sleep Set (R)
2 Honda CRF250X Offroad Motorcycles (L)
BID$15,000
PRICE21,557
DIFF- 6,557

SC2-Edward

PAULETTE BUNYAN, PAUL'S LITTLE SISTER (B)
Dimplex Symphony Encore Electric Fireplace (R)
Trip to Niagara Falls, ON (via Toronto; 6n @ Embassy)(L)
2 Ford Focus S (Std., MT, AC)(R&L)
BID$35,000
PRICE39,973
DIFF- 4,973
TOTAL$52,393

Today's Pricing Games: 2 for 6

Total Winnings: $80,180

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/08/2006
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 02:32:02 PM »
One Wrong Price: No excuses for this being lost.

Stack the Deck: See One Wrong Price.

Balance Game: This, however, was a tossup between the two five-digit prices for the trailer. Too bad the wrong one was chosen.

Punch-a-Bunch: Can they please play the losing horns if someone wins just $50 in this game? Please?

BBB: Pretty easy, because Italy is usually expensive.

Any Number: Fairly easy.

Showcases: I was worried that Edward had gone over. Thankfully, he didn't, and won TWO CARS!!!

Overall: Bland show, but great finish!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 02:51:24 PM »
OWP: I didnt think that globe was that expensive!

Stack the Deck - The cobalts that are offered these days are roughly the same price of Aveos. Thats because they offer top-of-the-line Aveos.

Puchboard - I missed it, but it was no big loss.

Balance Game - Yet another FRT! I wouldve said $11000.

BBB - Yay our first win! That was kind of hard though. I thought he had lost when they had shown Irelands actual price.

Any Number - Nice win

Showcases - lol I loved that Paulette Bunyon showcase. That was a surprise to see 2 cars at the end of the showcase. They were won too!!

Grade: 7/10

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 03:14:37 PM »
Bidding Round #1- #91, Julie! :-D

One Wrong Price- Come on, do you seriously believe that there's going to be a prize below $1K in this game? Shouldn't have been lost.

Showcase Showdown #1- That was a thrilling overtime finish. Thank goodness Julie won. :-)

Any Number- It's always exciting when it comes down to the last number in this game. Nice to finish with two straight wins.

Showcase- Julie went a bit too low, but at least she didn't choke like most hotties have in the Showcase.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Julie. Apparently, all hotties are great contestants now!

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Enjoyable show to end the week... Grade: 3

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 03:15:43 PM »
OWP: Wow. Think an exerciser is less than a grand? Deserved to lose!

BobboChung wrote:
Stack the Deck: See One Wrong Price.

Wow, Steve, I beat ya to it. What an utterly Jackassish thing to say. 16 was just as sensible as 14. Eh, I won't feed your need for attention after this post anymore.

My take on Deck: It seems like the last couple playings have had losses due to the 2nd number. What would you do, maybe take the 2nd number and leave the 3rd for the guess or what? It's not the cakewalk that the 1st playing was, without a doubt(unless you are a certain user here lol)

Balance: Not a bad guess, but not a good one.

TPIRAdam wrote

Puchboard - I missed it, but it was no big loss

She won only 50 bucks, that's not a loss! Heh, I'll let the mods deal with ya for sure. EDIT: Had wrong person sorry and misread you. My apologies!

Punch was just plain bad luck today.

BBB: Very nice trips for this! Have they ever used BBB on the specials? Today's setup would a good idea for the next one.

Any #. Very good! Came down to the last # and that is a suspense!

Showcases: Woot! 2 cars? No wonder the Dob didn't play 3 strikes today! I had put that in my FPG, now I see why he didn't.

52k and change for the winner with a lot of losses today made the show kind of break even. Edward saved the show!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 03:17:18 PM »
br wrote:

OMG, you are commenting on something you didn't even watch(or read here apprently). She won only 50 bucks, that's not a loss! Heh, I'll let the mods deal with ya for sure

What I meant was that it was no big loss that I didnt see it.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 03:42:00 PM »
One Wrong Price-I knew that globe would be decieving to the average viewer, but I knew the exerciser had the wrong price.

Stack the Deck-That was a painful loss,  to the average viewer, that car looked like it would fetch $16,000+ .

Balance Game-I knew the trailer would be $11,255.

Punch-a-Bunch-Tough break, only $50.

Barker's Bargain Bar-Man, those are some expensive trips!  I would have gone with Italy also.

Any Number-That was a suspenseful playing.  I figured the rotating bar would have the 6 for its first number, the one would be the piggy bank amount, and the 3 had to be in the car.

Showcase-Two cars?  Amazing!  Here are my bids/differences:

Cars-$38,000/$1,973
Room-$18,000/$3,557.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 04:27:07 PM »
I have some bad news and some good news. First the bad news is TPIR was interrupted again this time by the CBS affiliate in Minneapolis/St.Paul concerning a school bus crash. It happened just after One Wrong Price ended. The good news though it only took 2 or 3 minutes and then TPIR was back on and it has never interrupted since. Anyways on to the games:

OWP: It was either the globe or the exerciser. Too bad the globe that Charles chose was the right price when it was indeed the exerciser that was the wrong price.

Stack The Deck: I knew that car would cost $14,000+. Both Julie and the audience got duped.

Balance Game: Either it was 10 thousand or 11 thousand. Too bad Arlene picked the $3000 bag.

Punchboard: $50. Cheap. Very cheap. Also with a sprinkle of disappointment.

BBB: Thank god Edward didn't listen to me cause I would be wrong. Good move on his part, bad on mine.

Any Number: Nice win by Corey there when it went down to the wire.

Showcases: I only concentrated and bid on the second showcase. Never paid attention to the first one.

$37,500/$2,473.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 04:49:28 PM »
One wrong price-  this was one of those times where it was obvious to the home viewer but not the onstage contestant. That price of $721 on the exerciser just screamed "PICK ME!!!"

Stack the deck- Ouch! It's too bad Julie lost because she played it well. She got all the grocery prices right and used one of two strategies I would've used, which is place the digits 2-4 or 3-5.

Balance Game- I'm sure she's happy she didn't win that fugly trailer. I'm guessing Roger will be doing a lot more prizes over $10,000 in this game

Punch-A-bunch- I really don't have anything to say for this game. Nothing really stood out to me for some reason.

Barker's Bargain Bar- WOOHOO!!!! Edward is our first winner and won 2 trips. And he won 2 cars in the Showcase.  

Any Number-  Corey seemed kinda snotty after seeing his sarcastic reaction to the cabinet. But at least he gave us another win.

Best contestant: I'll have to check my tape because I missed parts since I was recording it.

Side note: I guess The Dob was trying to bust the budget because 5 of the 6 games offered at least $10,000 in cash or prizes.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 05:41:23 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

One Wrong Price -- 1:51
Stack the Deck -- 4:42
Balance Game -- 2:23
Punch a Bunch -- 3:05
Barker's Bargain Bar -- 2:09
Any Number -- 2:35

catdogwheel wrote: Punch-A-bunch- I really don't have anything to say for this game.
Then don't....

wpghi5 wrote: Showcases: I only concentrated and bidded on the second showcase.
Is "bidded" actually a word???

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 05:44:13 PM »
PG #1:  This game again?!  Ridiculous.  What--I picked this game in Amazing Race?  Then why am I complaining?  Well... at least they played the Half-Off cue.  Forced loss for the casual player.  All three of those prices looked wrong.  I knew that gemstone globes were uber-expensive.  The price of $721 on the exerciser just looked too strange to be a real price, which was why I would've picked it.

PG #2:  GRECO DAMMIT!  :-D  "It's a Cobalt!  It ain't gonna be $16,000!  Sound the buzzers."

PG #3:  I've seen enough FRTs on this show to know that the triangle trailer is $11,000.

PG #4:  Sheesh, we can't buy a winner today.

PG #5:  Oooooh, Bar is offering nice trips again.  Seemed like an easy win today as Italy would obviously be way more expensive than Ireland.  All hail Edward for making sure that there will be no stale donuts on today's show.

One-Bid #6:  That's a lawnmower?!  And somebody would actually charge $2,499 for that?!

My showcase bids:
Starcrossed--$20,258
Foci--$33,551

catdogwheel wrote:
Side note: I guess The Dob was trying to bust the budget because 5 of the 6 games offered at least $10,000 in cash or prizes.

We're getting close to Christmas, so expect the budget to go up, especially on the week after next.  I wouldn't be surprised if we once again see all three of the big-ticket pricing games and all five of the cash games in the same week, as is traditional every Christmas.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 05:58:09 PM »
One Wrong Price: The exerciser seems low compared to the other times I see one and the price of the globe seems a little too high for a little globe like that. I went against my instincts with the globe.

Stack the Deck: I had to revert back to the car model. Chevy Cobalt? The first number has got to be 1. Once again, I went against my instinct with 6 instead of 4. I messed up twice.

Balance Game: I think I can recall a time when a trailer like that was around $11,000. Well, this time, having a feeling that it should've been 11255, I went ahead with Arlence to see if this works out. It didn't.

Punch-A-Bunch: And to think, Catherine was actually considering to take the $100!...

"This week has been going bad for me: Missed Tuesday's (12/5) episode, having the next two shows pre-empted, and now a 0/4-so-far show. Somethings got to change."

Barker's Bargain Bar: I had a feeling Italy was the bigger bargain here. When I saw the difference for Ireland, I was so afraid that we would have another loss. We didn't get one here, thank goodness.

Any Number: At the end, I forgot about 6 and 3--all that was on my mind was the other 1 because I knew that wouldn't be in the bar cabinet. Shoot.

Showcases: I'm guessing the pair of Foci would be around $28K; so I went around 32K for this Showcase. Julie's Showcase was a little high for me; I was thinking around the 14 to 18 range.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 06:01:12 PM »
I want to say One Wrong Price was obvious, and I want to say Charles should have won... but really, I can understand someone not thinking the globe would've been $2600.

Did anyone notice the "no" lights were turned on when the game and prizes were revealed, but were turned off before the prizes started being described?  I wonder if there was an edit somewhere, or if the lights just stopped working right after the opening presentation.

Why was the audience so against Arlene's decision in Balance Game?  I'm not sure whether they wanted her to go with $7255 or $11,255--either was it was inappropriate, for albiet different reasons--but I'm glad she went with her own gut, anyway.

Corey's incessant clapping was kinda' annoying.  Maybe if he'd just restricted it to when he found a number in the car, it would've been OK, but when he's even clapping when a number appears in the piggybank... no.

Speaking of Any Number, anyone notice how Corey forgot there was another 1 on the board?  I've suspected it before, and that just kinda' confirms it more:  a random contestant will have a harder time winning if the repeat number is in the car price twice.

Did anyone else notice how Edward was hanging his glasses on the back of his shirt?  I was worried they'd fall and break!

BRB_TheFireball wrote, concerning One Wrong Price:  Forced loss for the casual player. All three of those prices looked wrong.

While I'm glad at least you realize it wasn't as easy as it might've looked to us, I'd hardly call it a forced loss, either.  Just a 50/50 crapshot between the globe and exerciser, maybe.  Can't imagine why anyone would've picked the sofa, myself.

wpghi5 wrote:  First the bad news is TPIR was interrupted again this time by the CBS affiliate in Minneapolis/St.Paul concerning a school bus crash. It happened just after One Wrong Price ended. The good news though it only took 2 or 3 minutes and then TPIR was back on and it has never interrupted since.

You could be less dramatic about it.  On a strictly local level, as far as your community would be concerned, I would think this would be more important than even the couple other national preemptions this week.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 06:37:29 PM »
Decent show to end the week, not as good as some of the others we've had this week, but still not bad either.

One Wrong Price: Well I see this two ways 1) The treadmill looked wrong and 2) The globe looked wrong as well-so this was pretty much a crapshoot for the average Joe Plinko.

Stacky: **Sigh** C'mon Dob, let's see some of the regular GP's, they've been very neglected lately. I figured that 2nd number would be 4 since it was a Cobalt. **Sigh**

Balance: FRT comin' at ya!!!!!!!!!

Punchboard: Ice cold, stone cold, any frigid description would describe this game perfectly this year.

BBB: Very nice trips played for here and a very easy setup.

Any Number: Gotta love those suspensful finishes. Course, I could do without all that clapping.

Showcases: Wow, been a while since we've seen a two car showcase. Very nice. Edward cleans up.

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 07:29:15 PM »
We're getting close to Christmas, so expect the budget to go up, especially on the week after next. I wouldn't be surprised if we once again see all three of the big-ticket pricing games and all five of the cash games in the same week, as is traditional every Christmas

That would make Triple played twice this month. Of course, if it does happen(A REAL BIG IF!), I'd expect the toughest setup. Keep in mind we had a helluva beginning to the season, and I bet we are still at over budget. We got 6 months to go.

Goldie for Christmas Week without a doubt! I can't recall a holiday week without it, actually.