Author Topic: Just went to a taping and have current info  (Read 5758 times)

Offline royalnine

• Outside in Line
Just went to a taping and have current info
« on: September 14, 2011, 03:15:52 PM »
Went Monday 9/12/11.

Got in line about 5:50-6:00am for the 8:30 show.  We were 101 and 102 when they let us in.  The first in line got there at 12am.  You do not get a OOA now until you walk into the lot which I believe was around 8:30.  I think there was about 280ish people that showed up and the last of those people were literally just walking in at the very last minute.  I was watching all the interviews ahead of me and I am 110% convinced there is NOTHING you can do to help your chances of getting picked.  It just comes down to luck.  Seating was totally crazy.  You walk into the studio and they ask how many there are in your party and they just kinda put you WHEREVER.  We were 101 and 102 and we got 2nd row center.  I saw a girl come in with a number in the 200's and she got front row just to the side of the bidder chairs.  Then there were people with numbers in the double digits that got crap seats in the back corners so it really doesn't make any sense.  I think the taping started close to 1:00pm.  Drew seems to have lost even more weight and he looks great.  All the models look way better in person and Rachel is effing gorgeous.  You can't hear a thing in there and can't see half the stage sometimes because of cameras in the way.  I don't know how to explain my experience other then it's not what I expected.  It's hard to heard, hard to see, and you constantly have to act hyper to fit in with the crowd.  I might have to be one of those people that say "It's fun to do, ONCE."

Got out at roughly 2 PM and luckily made it over to a taping of Conan Obrian which was very fun.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Just went to a taping and have current info
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 03:34:18 PM »
... I think the taping started close to 1:00pm....
...Got out at roughly 2 PM....
If they are taping an hour program in an hour, that seems to be a major improvement (and trying to get back to something that resembles "live-to-tape").
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline birthdayash

• Outside in Line
Re: Just went to a taping and have current info
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 12:11:15 AM »
Hey I was wondering since you went recently, did the position in line make any difference? We have a group of 8 people coming and are trying to plot the best time. Thanks for your reply