Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 1/2/2012 (Celebrity Week: Snoop Dogg)  (Read 29926 times)

Offline Mr. X

• In Contestant's Row
Re: TPiR Recap - 1/2/2012 (Celebrity Week: Snoop Dogg)
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2012, 08:37:15 PM »
 I liked the prospect of celebrities on TPIR. Snoop Dogg was fun to watch. I enjoyed the contestants very much. Kudos to lots of winning. Overall, great show today!

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2012, 10:25:25 PM »
Interesting how much press this episode got.. I saw articles posted on many different entertainment sites about it. They obviously won, in that respect.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2012, 11:30:29 PM »
Interesting how much press this episode got.. I saw articles posted on many different entertainment sites about it. They obviously won, in that respect.

Would any of these five celebrities be BIG names?  I think most people would have at least heard of most, if not all of these people, but none of these celebs strike me as A or even B-listers.  I can't imagine the press they would get if Mike/Adam/whoever landed someone like Katy Perry or Ryan Reynolds, just to name a few...

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2012, 11:47:50 PM »
Would any of these five celebrities be BIG names?  I think most people would have at least heard of most, if not all of these people, but none of these celebs strike me as A or even B-listers.  I can't imagine the press they would get if Mike/Adam/whoever landed someone like Katy Perry or Ryan Reynolds, just to name a few...

I would definitely consider every celebrity this week to be B-list. Neil Patrick Harris and Heidi Klum may even verge upon A-list. So, to answer your original question: yes.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2012, 09:11:29 AM »
Well, this was a pretty good start to Celebrity Week with four wins.
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2012, 09:52:16 AM »
I can't imagine the press they would get if Mike/Adam/whoever landed someone like Katy Perry or Ryan Reynolds, just to name a few...

Who??
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2012, 12:07:35 PM »
Well, even I know who Ryan Reynolds is, and I don't give two toots about movies. Of course, my view is probably a little colored since he was in The Proposal with Betty White. I did have to watch that one to see her!  :P

Offline spoon14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Straight outta Medellin!
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2012, 09:22:02 PM »
I would definitely consider every celebrity this week to be B-list. Neil Patrick Harris and Heidi Klum may even verge upon A-list. So, to answer your original question: yes.
Yeah, I agree. NPH is currently on a sitcom for which he has received multiple Emmy nominations. I pointed out on another thread that Heidi Klum is actually ahead of Drew Carey in terms of Wikipedia article traffic. Her Wikipedia article is among the 3000 most viewed articles of any kind of the site. That's all articles - not just all entertainers or all bios. Snoop and Jenny are past the prime of their careers, but I think the celeb week participants are fairly prominent. It shows in the attention it's gotten.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2012, 10:21:20 AM »
Lucky $even wasn't unwinnable, but it certainly wasn't the nicest setup ever.

Are you kidding?  All ones would have been a winning strategy!
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2020, 12:01:45 PM »
EL BUMPO!  :oldlol:

-PS 2 for the first IUFB, that's ancient history right there!
-Love the Camaro, too bad it was lost though. If only  Armando had guessed low numbers.
-That Push Over setup can't get any easier, geez. EDIT: And with the old paint job too; I wonder how many viewers paid attention.
-Plinko: Love the big win!

So in sum, a great episode. Snoop genuinely seemed to be having fun with the contestants and enjoyed playing the games. Not only that but this was a great blast from the past. It's mind-numbing to think this was eight years ago. A gentle reminder how time waits for no one.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 12:08:51 PM by tpir04 »
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2020, 11:26:59 PM »
Nothing much to say except, wow, Snoop Dogg was great!

I do appreciate that a lot of the products shown are now retired (PSP, earlier generation iPod Touch) or are from now defunct companies (Lia Sophia Jewelry shut down in 2015, Berry Factory in the CNAOS, which I'm surprised they kept in, is kind of no more, since it's now Berried in Chocolate).

For the heck of it, my shiggles CSS bids were $35,500/$28,501. I can't tell how well I would have done against the rest of the chat, but I'd take a 96 any day of the week.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023