Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 11/29/2011  (Read 33375 times)

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
Re: TPiR Recap - 11/29/2011
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 12:36:00 AM »
Eazy as 1 2 3 - Umm, no.  Non-LFaTs would probably be split between the washer/dryer and Mac package.  And if they did choose the Mac for highest-price, it would probably be more linked to underpricing the appliances than thinking the computer is expensive.

I thought the appliances could've been somewhat pricey, but I will most of the time, unless it's very much the contrary, place a Macintosh as being more expensive than appliances (which is why I dislike Macintosh computers and hate using them). I have seen several losses by contestants who don't know anything about prices of electronics, especially something like a computer.

Incidentally, go Windows!
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 12:54:30 AM »
Pay the Rent - Tough setup as usual. Can't see an end to this anytime soon. I understand that they don't want a shot at $100,000 to be easy
Wrong. They do not want a shot at $100,000 at all.

but being too difficult isn't going to help game popularity.
I get the feeling that they do not care how popular it may or may not be.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:57:32 AM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2011, 07:26:32 AM »
You're right, but that's still not enough, IMO, to save an entire show, no?

It does not matter if it saves a show or not, it's still the highlight of the show, not Double Prices...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline JerseyBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2011, 09:40:22 AM »
You're right, but that's still not enough, IMO, to save an entire show, no?
It does not matter if it saves a show or not, it's still the highlight of the show, not Double Prices...

I already said Steve was right.  It may not matter to you, but I was stating my opinion, not yours.  To reiterate: 1. The money given away during the SCSD's was the highlight of the show.  2. Giving away money during SCSD's while only one pricing game is won does not a great show make.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2011, 10:36:32 AM »
  It may not matter to you, but I was stating my opinion, not yours.

Well next time you want to state your opinion, don't make it in the form of a question. It sure sounded like you were asking if what you said was right or not....
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline JerseyBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2011, 10:55:29 AM »
Well next time you want to state your opinion, don't make it in the form of a question. It sure sounded like you were asking if what you said was right or not....

Yes, I was asking whether or not a couple of one-dollar spins could save a show, not whether the question mattered or not.

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2011, 03:12:00 PM »
It's theoretically possible, though unlikely, that PtR could be structured with the cheapest item in the mailbox, depending on the prices of the items used, so "not necessarily" is the accurate way to explain it. But giving advice or specific help in the game is not an S&P violation as long as it's done consistently - that is, every contestant gets told the same thing when they play. Of course, Drew's so inconsistent in the way he explains games from one playing to the next that that would be unlikely.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2011, 05:44:58 PM »
Pretty blah show overall except for the win on Double Prices & the $26,000 win on SCSD#1, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Marthahinman

• Outside in Line
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2012, 12:44:09 AM »
Hello, it's me, Martha... the winner of the Vespa motor scooters from this show  :-D  Due to an unfortunate sequence of events, I no longer have my beloved recording of my episode documenting my win. Would anyone in this forum be able to help me figure out where I would be able to score a copy of this episode?? I appreciate it!!!