Author Topic: Balance Game 06 Last Playing  (Read 7765 times)

Offline toomeyjt

• Outside in Line
Balance Game 06 Last Playing
« on: May 21, 2006, 01:06:13 AM »
I dont know if anyone has noticed that on the last ep. that balance game aired, a fifth dight could be seen.  Does this tell us someone could win a car sometimes? Like Squeeze Play, Push Over, Safe Crackers, etc...

Offline Forrest20

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Balance Game 06 Last Playing
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 01:12:06 AM »
Based on this thread here, I would say a good many people noticed it.  With this change, I would think that Roger wants to play Balance Game for a car at some point, or else why make the change?

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 10:35:26 AM »
It's kind of obvious that it might be played for a 5-digit prize because there were no combinations for the spa that would make it $10,000+

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 12:53:41 PM »
tpiradam wrote:  It's kind of obvious that it might be played for a 5-digit prize because there were no combinations for that prize that would make it $10,000+

That comment makes no sense whatsoever.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 01:08:44 PM »
Uhh, I think tpiradam was suggesting that the change for Balance Game was done with future playings in mind, not with this most recent playing in mind.

At least, that is my guess...

Either way, I was glad to see the change.. Not only does that open the door to using Balance Game for some of the spas and pianos, but even cars.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 08:08:36 PM »
This would affect more than just cars. Wasn't there a recent playing for a piano where the bags were $2,000, $5,000, and $7,000, or some other combination where one of the (wrong) choices was five digits?

EDIT:  Maybe I should finish reading the other posts before posting.  Yeah, they've already used a piano in Balance Game.  I guess they realized they might need the fifth digit, so now they're covered.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 08:32:44 PM »
There could be a few reasons for the 5th digit being added to Balance Game.

Most obvious, the possibility of playing it for a 5 digit prize.  Could it be played for a car?  Sure.

Adding the 5th digit also allows for $10,000+ trips, spas, pianos, and various other prize packages to be offered.

As well, there has been a time in the past where some of the bags could have added up to more than $9,999 if selected.  Perhaps the addition of the 5th digit will allow for different "fakes" to be used to make the game more interesting...or perhaps, it's simply to play the game for more expensive prizes.

Balance for a car?  Hm, I'd bet a Barker Dollar that it's on someone's radar.  How soon, who knows...  :-D
John

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 02:16:21 AM »
Personally, I think it's a good idea to have as many games be 5-difit compatable as possible.  Just to have as much flexability in prizes, especially for the nighttime versions.
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 11:52:48 AM »
Right. While I do think we could eventually see Balance Game used for cars now with the change, I was mostly thinking of the more expensive trips, spas (we have seen some $11,000+ spas offered before on some of the GP games) or other five-digit prizes as well...

The change will certainly make the game more flexible, and that's always a plus.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.