Author Topic: CSS Results for December 11  (Read 2714 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for December 11
« on: December 11, 2006, 02:38:29 PM »
Ow.

Last time we had a Lincoln Town Car in a showcase, I lectured everyone about not garfing it. On the upside, at least I know that most of you are listening. Unfortunately, this time, the Town Car was paired with very cheap prizes, and as such 20 of 30 players today were sent tumbling over the cliff after Hans, including six of the eight players from the top ten of leaderboard in chat today.

And what the heck was in that trip to Buenos Aires? It wasn't touted as a great big expensive trip and yet, even counting the dining room group as fairly pricey (even counting it as $10K), it really broke the bank. Only one person went over on it, and it was only by $86.

Still, there were ten survivors. SteveGavazzi gets his second win and second DSW of the season with an excellent bid on the Town Car. PriceFan985 actually would beat him were it not for the DSW, but Sonic3300, otherwise in 8th place, garfed the trip the least and claims nearly $23K.

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for December 11, 2006 -- Game 58
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: CSS Results for December 11
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 02:44:44 PM »
I never go low on a Lincoln, and unfortunately, that killed me today. That furniture showcase was ridiculous, though. I have no clue how that got to $23K.

Rivalry update: Armadillo pulls to within 12-11 with a fine bid on the Lincoln (as usual), and he got me on the furniture (not as usual). Well done, my friend.

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 02:45:20 PM »
My downward slide continues...Semi-garfed the Room Trip Showcase and Heeled the Lincoln Showcase...  (At least my rival wasn't here to see this...)  Oh well, there is always tomorrow...

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 02:49:02 PM »
Garfed the trip and went over by $3,300 on the Lincoln...what else is new for me on a Monday :-(

Perhaps Wednesday will be better
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 04:18:09 PM »
Man...I don't get the mass of overbids on the Lincoln...wine carts are usually cheaper than they look, that TV couldn't have been more than about $700 (27" LCD's aren't expensive anymore...and Olevia is a cheap-as-dirt brand on top of that), and the Lincoln didn't exactly have a lot of options.

I figured the Lincoln would clock in at about $43,000 (what most Lincolns go for on Price), but I was so scared because of just how cheap the other two prizes were, I shaved off a couple grand.

The other showcase?  Pulaski = money, but I put the trip relatively low since they didn't mention a pricey hotel or anything.  Once I saw the TV though...I knew I (and pretty much everyone else) had garf'd the first showcase (since that TV pretty much screamed "REALLY CHEAP CAR SHOWCASE" ...I was actually stunned to see the Lincoln at the end) because the non-car showcase is usually way more than it looks when paired against cheap-o car SC's to prevent DOB's.

[Edit: I did a little work on this post. Your HTML was showing. :-D ]
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 05:00:33 PM »
Kourtney Wilson wrote:

(At least my rival wasn't here to see this...)

Awwww...I wish was there to see it too.  Hehehehe...  :-D  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Marcello L. Silva

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 07:00:55 PM »
good work, steve.