Author Topic: cu's Price is Right: MDS #1  (Read 44711 times)

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
Re: cu's Price is Right: MDS #1: SIGNUPS
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2011, 04:44:45 PM »
Absolutely, I'm in for this.

If I ran TPIR, I would change every font on the show to Papyrus just to piss off all the fontgeeks (myself included).
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard:

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2011, 05:44:32 PM »
Absolutely, I'm in for this.

If I ran TPIR, I would change every font on the show to Papyrus just to piss off all the fontgeeks (myself included).

Oh, no.  Not good enough.  Must be Wingdings.

Cyclone

Offline WooWho

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 1/20/2010
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
I'll try in with...

I wouldn't run the show, I'd ask to host it...and when I do, I'll make every contestant phrase their guesses in the form of a question.

No?  Well, in that case, install a few trap doors in the stage and give me a remote with buttons that open each of them.  Don't know which one...for all I know, I could hit the button that opens the one I'm standing on!

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2011, 08:40:38 PM »
I'll try in with...

I wouldn't run the show, I'd ask to host it...and when I do, I'll make every contestant phrase their guesses in the form of a question.

No?  Well, in that case, install a few trap doors in the stage and give me a remote with buttons that open each of them.  Don't know which one...for all I know, I could hit the button that opens the one I'm standing on!

Let's do one better.  The contestant loses their procing game, they fall through a trapdoor never to be seen again.  A replacement contestant will play the Big Wheel. :D

Cyclone

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2011, 08:41:34 PM »
Cyclone...can you please stop commenting on every single response? It makes the thread longer than it needs to be...

Still plenty of time to sign up to play! :-D
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline wheelfan1991

• Walking the Golden Road
  • "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2011, 09:57:27 PM »
Guys, don't make me go all Mikey on you, and make me judge you by your photos and attractiveness, I'm just saying.

Jon, is mine really that bad?? Hahaha :P I go more for the outlandish than the humorous, per-say.  :oldlol: 
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2011, 12:30:19 AM »
Of course I'm in.

See, I don't know whether to suck up to cu's sense of humor here, prizes', or both. So I'm going to come up with what each of them would consider an ideal answer and then humor that I like.

cu2010's ideal answer: Force every audience member to wear Clarkson Hockey jerseys, make them sign a contract in order to go to America's Got Talent tapings and blow air horns in Howie Mandel's face, and burn pictures of Jack Wagner and generic CBS soap opera stars before every taping. Also: Put the wheel back to $5000 and $10000, make sure that cu2010 gets half of every dollar of unearned money, and allow cu2010 to get hookers, booze and blow.

prizes' ideal answer: Force every audience member to scout for the Candiens so he can never work again, then make them sing along in a Lion King-esque welcome number that greets missionairies in LAX and fools unsuspecting observers. Also: allow half of the show to be in French, give Prizes an entire planet by the name of Orlando, and also allow Prizes to get hookers, booze, and blow.

My ideal answer: Have an entire season of celebrity guests that starred in shows that aired from 1989-2007 for a season or less, in character, entirely performing Drewcases, losing every pricing game while mispronouncing the numbers zero, five, nineteen, and thousand, force prizes and cu2010 to watch all of these episodes, record their reactions as they go from disdain to disturbia to outright insanity to acting outright lobotomized, record these reactions as a documentary feature film, rig the academy to give me the best documentary Oscars, thank the Price is Right which will force this cycle on the air for another 40 years, make another 40 documentaries and win 32 more Oscars, and retire, with hookers, booze, and blow.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »
I'm definitely in on this!  :-D I would pick out contestants that would be great match ups in the showcase! And rig both the IUFB's and SCSD's in order for that to happen!  :-D

Offline ASja2002

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2011, 02:11:10 PM »
I'll play.

The actual retail price of every prize is $23,743, until the showcase, which is priced at $17k each to force a double over
First QSW!! 2/8/13

Everyone be careful out there!

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2011, 03:07:16 PM »
The games would be set up really easy and fairly throughout the show.

However, at the end I would announce that all players who won their pricing game lost, and all contestants who lost their pricing game won.

This would be called "Salute to Reversal Day", and would reward bad players and bad gameplay with fantastic prizes.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
Re: cu's Price is Right: MDS #1: IUFB1
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2011, 08:11:03 PM »
Okay, it's time. 24 signups this time...wow! Thanks guys! Let's get started!

*MDS opening cue*

Tonight, from the Host Your Own forum at golden-road.net! A very special primetime edition of the Internet’s most exciting thread! Fabulous cars, amazing prizes, and…millions of fake dollars can all be won tonight, on cu’s Price is Right Million Dollar Spectacular!

UniquePerspective, COME ON DOWN!

thepriceis_J, COME ON DOWN!

mysterywedge, COME ON DOWN!

And...Guint! COME ON DOWN!

YOU are the first four contestants on cu’s Price is Right Million Dollar Spectacular!

*Main theme '07*

And now, here is the STAR of the Million Dollar Spectacular...

c-u-20-10!

*entrance accompanied by Danielle and Natalie, mic handoff by Leslie*

Danielle, Natalie here, Leslie with the mic, Mr. Announcer behind that mic, thank you guys, and thank you folks at home! This is the Million Dollar Spectacular!

We're in primetime, folks, and the prizes are bigger and better than ever before! The big prize tonight, however? Twice during the show- once during a pricing game, once in the Showcase round- we will be offering up a million dollars in cold hard cash...and with the economy in the state it's in, I'm sure you all could use a million bucks!

If you guys are ready, let's go! Here is the first item up for bids tonight!

It's a trip to not-so-lovely Newark!
*Escape from the City* *Natalie/Danielle model*

You and a guest will fly round-trip across the Hudson River from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York to Newark-Liberty International Airport in Newark, New Jersey, one of America's *redacted* cities.  You will also stay six nights in the Hilton Newark Penn Station, located right next to the shops, restaurants, and office buildings of the Gateway Center, and a twenty-minute train ride back to where you came from that for some reason took three and a half hours by plane...that doesn't make much sense to me, either.

...you know, we're supposed to make these prizes sound good!

Anyways, that, errm...lovely...prize goes to the one of you who bids closest to the actual retail price without going over, and Guint, we start with you!

(BIDDING ORDER)
Guint
mysterywedge
thepriceis_J
UniquePerspective

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2011, 08:18:32 PM »
$4,500.

Offline mysterywedge

• In Contestant's Row
  • Howdy. You're reading blank text.
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2011, 08:19:39 PM »
I live in New Jersey, this trip will be fun.  :P

$2,027

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
Re: cu's Price is Right: MDS #1: IUFB1
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2011, 08:23:52 PM »
$4500 for Guint. *ding!*
$2027 for mystery. *ding!*

J?

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2011, 11:10:41 PM »
I'll say $2920.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.