Author Topic: The Higgins Edition of Price is Right [Episode 3]  (Read 8766 times)

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Higgins Edition of Price is Right [Episode 3]: SCSD2
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2012, 11:10:07 AM »
18 and then 19, stop at 65 cents or more.
"Bob never missed a mark, never missed a timing. Drew's never hit a mark, never got the timing. That's not who Drew is..."
~ Mike Richards, The A.V. Club, aired August 10, 2017

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Mikey D
« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2012, 11:42:45 AM »
9 and 2
Big car racing and game show fan

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2012, 07:39:47 PM »
Rich: Contestants not appearing on stage will recieve a $500 gift card for Amazon.com and a selection of home telephones from AT&T. And now, here's Drew Carey with our Showcase Showdown.

Drew: Alright, thank you Rich. Flerbert go ahead and spin the wheel.

The dollar's coming around, but it's too fast and you're going to land on 40. I guess you want to spin again. Looking for 60. There it goes, I don't think it will get back and you have... a dime. 50 cents total.

And here goes 88JRFAN. Looks like you're going to get the dime too. Spin again, you have to beat 50. You might of done it, 70 would be good and... you got it. 80 cents. Thanks for being here, Flerbert.

Spin the wheel, Guy. DOLLAR! DOLLAR! OHHH! 20 cents. Go again. Looking for the 80. Here it comes. Oh no, too fast... 40. Sorry Guy.

88JRFAN is going to the Showcase. And the Showcases are next!
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Higgins Edition of Price is Right [Episode 3]: Showcases
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2012, 11:58:41 PM »
Guys, I have three major assignments that I have to do by tomorrow so the Showcase will be started tomorrow night. Sorry.

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2012, 01:29:48 AM »
Drew: Welcome back. Gameshowboy is the Top Winner today, and 88JRFAN is the Runner-Up, and this is the first Showcase...

Rich: This showcase is a salute to that great entertainer, Garth Brooks.

And we start by giving you a full collection of Garth's Albums!

All eight of Garth's studio albums plus four of his compilation albums, including his legendary Double Live album make up this best-selling package.

Now, Garth is one of the hottest country artists of the last two decades, and your next prize is the instrument that helped make him famous, a new Guitar!

The Lucero Cutaway Acoustic Guitar is a pleasure to look at and to play. It features a comfortable thinline body with laminated spruce top and laminated back and sides. The cutaway allows full fingerboard access and the built-in AT 3000 preamp lets you perform in any venue.

Now, being a recording artist, Garth has spent many hours in the studio...and you can see the studios where he and his contemporaries work on your trip to Nashville!

You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Nashville, Tennessee, where you'll stay for seven nights at the world-famous Gaylord Opryland Hotel. A city within itself, this beautiful resort in the heart of Nashville with everything you need to see in or near it.

Plus, you and your guest will recieve a VIP package to that Saturday night's Grand Ole Opry.

Experience the excitement of the oldest radio show in America with front row seats, backstage passes, and meet-and-greet of that night's performing stars.

And no celebration of Garth's work would be complete without a mention of his hit single, Standing Outside the Fire. This inspirational song has spurred many listeners to go the extra mile to be the best at whatever they do, and while we can't do it proper justice, we can at least provide you with a fire: the one in this Barbecue Island!

The Weber Summit Natural Gas Grill features high powered sear burner, lighted control knobs, infrared rotisserie burner & smoker, and heavy duty vinyl grill cover included.

But Garth's lesser-known songs are worth acknowledging, as well. In particular, we'd like to salute Cowboy Cadillac, which celebrates every country fan's "dream girl"...a New Truck!

The Cadillac Escalade EXT. Comes with Luxury Package plus these options: 6-speed automatic transmission, Audio system with navigation and Bose 5.1 surround sound 8-speaker system, Chrome exhaust tips, bed rug, Rear seat entertainment system with in-dash DVD player, and All-weather floor mats.

And this Showcase, in which we saluted that great entertainer, Garth Brooks, can be yours if The Price is Right!

Drew: Wow! We're giving away a lot of Cadillac's during this season premiere week. Gameshowboy, is it bid or pass?

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2012, 07:47:24 AM »
It's been so long that I forgot I was in the showcases.

I will bid $50,000

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2012, 06:19:17 PM »
Drew: $50,000.

Ok, good luck. 88JRFAN, this is your Showcase.

Rich: Your Showcase features something for every room in the house!

And we start off with the kitchen and a new Gas Range!

This Whirlpool 30 inch gas range features 4 Sealed Burners, 3.9 cubic feet lower oven, 6th sense technology, and energy save mode.

Next we move to the living room and a Digital Grand Piano!

Play along with your favorite songs with just a USB flash drive on the Roland RG-1 Digital Grand Piano. Flexible file compatibility enables easy playback through the built-in stereo speaker system great for one-man-band type performance, or skill-building play-along sessions.

Next, for the bedroom, we have a new Brass Bed!

This Queen-Sized Sleigh Bed is cast in solid antique brass and comes with a 12 inch gel foam 3 layer mattress from Serta Mattresses.

Lastly we have the Dining Room and a new Breakfront!

Sculpted in hand-rubbed cherry patina, this beautiful breakfront features 4 glass doors, silverware tray, and 6 adjustable glass shelves.

Finally we have the garage and a new Motorcycle!

The Honda CRF 230 features single-cylinder engine, six-speed gearbox, lightweight chassis, Pro-Link rear suspension, head and taillights and turn signals to take you anywhere, on-road or off.

And this Showcase which features something for every room in the house can be yours if The Price is Right!

Drew: Ok 88JRFAN, there's your Showcase, what do you bid?

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Mikey D
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2012, 08:35:33 PM »
I will bid $20,320
Big car racing and game show fan

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2012, 11:52:12 PM »
Drew: $20,320.

Alright. We'll find out who wins right after this.

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2012, 12:00:54 AM »
Drew: Welcome back; Gameshowboy, you had the Garth Brooks Showcase with the Barbecue, the trip to Nashville, the Cadillac, all that great stuff.

$50,000 is what you bid, actual retail price...

Woah, $75,467, a difference of...

$25,467. Oh man, it's not looking good. 88JRFAN you had something for every room in the house, the oven, the piano, the motorcycle.

$20,320, actual retail price...

$24,949, a difference of only...

$4,629. 88JRFAN won the Showcase!!

$31,264 in prizes is what he has won today. Gameshowboy have fun with your new car and we enjoyed having you.

Hey folks, don't forget to have your pets spayed or neutered. See you next time on The Price is Right.

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Higgins Edition of Price is Right [Episode 3]: Credits
« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2012, 12:08:33 AM »

Rich: This is Rich Fields speaking for The Price is Right...

...a Higgins & Maass Television Production.

Stay tuned for The Young and the Restless, next here on CBS!

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Higgins Edition of Price is Right [Episode 3]
« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2012, 12:15:43 AM »
If you're wondering why both Steve and CJ are in the credits, it's because they both helped me with things that I wasn't capable of doing.

CJ made the $25,000 Punch-A-Bunch bill for me, and Steve wrote the Garth Brooks Showcase for me (I had the theme picked out because Garth is one of my favorite singers, but I had Steve arrange it for me).

Thanks again you two.

And thanks to everyone else for making this another enjoyable HYO for me, even though we hit a few speed bumps. I clearly will not be doing another one until at least the summer because college was a lot to handle while doing this. But I do have that next one planned.

See you next time.