Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 1/18/2012  (Read 13442 times)

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 1/18/2012
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 06:26:59 PM »
-I felt like Cindy was way too nervous for her own good, her choices were way over the place. I don't know how you end the game without getting 7 up there.
I wonder why she skipped 7 in the first place, and didn't even choose it later.

No way a gallon of Minute Maid orange juice was $4.69 (MSRP). I knew that choice was wrong (I buy a lot of orange juice). :)

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 06:30:23 PM »
Freeze Frame:  Nice job! :-)  I didn't think Brian pulled the lever that hard.  Perhaps someone jumped the gun on the reveal?
Stack The Deck:  I can't believe Magdalane chose the first number for her free number! :headbang:
Punch A Bunch:  Too bad there wasn't a 2 in front of that $5,000, but still a pretty nice haul.

Horrible show overall, IMHO.

2 out of 3 models with their hair back/up - ridiculous! :oldevil:  Good thing Manuela didn't get the hair memo.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 06:47:47 PM »
No way a gallon of Minute Maid orange juice was $4.69 (MSRP). I knew that choice was wrong (I buy a lot of orange juice). :)
The problem is Liquid Plum-R being "that cheap" at 4.69 is that much more of a trap.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 07:04:26 PM »
Just for clarification purposes
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 07:14:47 PM »
Being a new one here, would someone care to share a Reader's Digest version of THE Yolanda Incident(PM fine)? Thanks!

As Bob liked to say..."she came on down, and they came on out."
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 08:18:40 PM »
Well....this was a completely fail show. Figures that on a fail show, Freeze Frame is won.

Stack the Deck 4th was a nice surprise....too bad it was Stack. And then to have the contestant make that segment even more fail by wasting the free number on the 1st number was just the cherry on top of that segment.

I won't go as far the say that Most Expen$ive should have been won, but I will go as far to say it wasn't the most difficult setup. That was a huge fridge.

Complete Audience FAIL in Double Prices.
Complete Drew FAIL: "Well there's a three in it. Twenty three thousand dollars. Fivofour."

I guess he thought the price didn't matter since he was over anyway. Okay.  :roll:

Let's just leave this show behind.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 08:25:05 PM »
Stack the Deck... yeah, if it wasn't bad enough that the grocery products were the usual evil selves, Magdalene called for the bleeping first number.

My showcase bids:
WWP--$29,107
Snowmobiles--$24,107
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 08:27:01 PM »
Blah.

I was really hoping we'd hit big money on Punchy with how Drew was talking about it, but $5,000 isn't bad at all; it's the most won so far this season.

Stack was impossible to win from the get-go, with absurdly hard GPs (that I knew which ones were correct only because I've seen one of each pair before in previous games) and an ugly-looking price for the car, but the contestant sure did not help her odds at all by asking for the first digit.

That was a surprisingly expensive Ashley bedroom, but it sure wasn't going to be that expensive...

Freeze Frame was pretty amusing, though. Also, it seemed that Brian's wife didn't want him to stop on the $9,443 price (she's obviously never been to Fiji), which is why he seemed hesitant to pull the lever and that price was starting to leave the frame. Thankfully, he knew better and pulled it in time. The price revealing after that, though... no idea how that happened.  :P

Come on, Drew, I know it doesn't really matter if the contestant overbids a showcase, but for those of us playing at home, you have to read the full ARP...

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 08:33:47 PM »
Wow...Drew did an unusually large amount of hosting today.  A few times, it even worked!  It wasn't his best performance ever by any means, but it was a start.

Stack the Deck wasn't easy today, but it wasn't impossible, either.  Two of the three items were pretty gettable, and you had a decent shot at the car if you went for the fourth and fifth numbers free.  Of course, asking for the first number wasn't going to work out quite so well.  I don't think Magdalane quite realized what she was asking for.

Why was Double Prices played for a showcase?

So, you're sure its $23000? There was debate over $23000 or $23504.

John, can you call Roger...oh, wait.  Never mind.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline notsoeasy

• In the Audience
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 08:42:36 PM »
Yaa I heard him say $23,000 only. He sounded like he didn't care about the rest of the price. We will have to wait for whinbaby to confirm the prices.

Anyway, bad show today. Nothing went right today. Stack the Deck was a complete failure. Who picks the 1st digit?
No skunking, right?  I see one win that wasn't a bailout.  So maybe something did go right.

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 08:46:08 PM »
Always nice to see a decent Punch A Bunch win.   Nice also to see a car game fourth after a particularly bland first half lineup.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 09:12:58 PM »
Freeze Frame: Well, that is a way to reveal the price quickly.

Any Number: Oh, I got that feeling that I wished I was in Southern California again. Well, at least she didn't fall for the 0 and other 1 trap into the pig.

Most Expensive: LEATHER. I'm picking 3. Now Amber's spoiling it? Groan.

Stack the Deck: Boy that car reveal with its classic awesomeness. Just by the way Drew leaned before the game was shown was how I correctly predicted the game. $7 for orange juice? Inflation. My guess would be 17438. Boy, that was a bust.

Double Prices: I'd go for the $10,498. Chuckles when the Losing Horns play for this game.

Punch-a-Bunch: "Take the $5000. I don't care if that corner had the 25." It was good, but it AIN'T a win.

Some fresh play after yesterday's rerun was good, depite all that happened today.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 09:59:27 PM »
Well, the highlight of this episode was seeing a car show up 4th - until we realized it was Stack, of course. We were really due for an episode like this, but unusually poor gameplay (let's take the first number in Stack!) and a blah lineup brought this down. Stack The Deck, Punch A Bunch, and 3 quickies probably aren't gonna make a good show, although the $5000 was a nice surprise, at least (and I laughed out loud at Drew's dig at the producers!) Hopefully we get back on track tomorrow.

Timings:
Freeze Frame (4) - 3:06
Any Number (5)- 4:25
Most Expensive (3.5) - 3:45
Stack The Deck (5.5) - 6:13
Double Prices (3) - 3:31
Punch A Bunch (5.5)- 5:15
Total (26.5): 25:15

Offline MyNameIsMichael

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 10:43:35 PM »

September 14, 1977. Yolanda, the fourth second called down, was wearing a tube top which fell enough to expose her...yes, well... Barker, knowing none of this, walked out and immediately assumed all the applause was for him. (He was notified after the first segment.)

That was hilarious! Barker was unaware--but getting suspicious--of the audience's excitement: “I know you truly love me, but you don't really love me this much, do you?” Johnny Olson then says: “Bob, they have given their all for you!”

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 04:48:04 AM »
Just for clarification purposes

I knew there was something on that card and Drew was just being lazy, but couldn't catch it myself.
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."