Author Topic: 2011 NFL Season  (Read 79986 times)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: 2011 NFL Season
« Reply #900 on: February 06, 2012, 05:33:50 PM »
There is already a Team in Milwaukee. The Brewers are a baseball team out of Milwaukee. Would that help (or hurt) their chances of having a football team.

Doesn't matter.  There is no chance in Hell of any new football team planted halfway between Green Bay and Chicago getting any fan support whatsoever.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #901 on: February 06, 2012, 08:01:58 PM »
Doesn't matter.  There is no chance in Hell of any new football team planted halfway between Green Bay and Chicago getting any fan support whatsoever.

I concur.

As a Wisconsin-ite there is zero chance that people would support it over the Packers.    Also, the Packers season tickets are split into 2 packages.   One of which is the old ticket holders from when the Packers played 3 games a year in Milwaukee pre-1994.
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #902 on: February 06, 2012, 08:07:23 PM »
It didn't really occur to me until now, but I think that most of us have overlooked the best part of the Patriots losing the Super Bowl last night:  Chad Ochocinco was denied a championship ring.  Last year, Chad pulled a LeBron and left his longtime team to "take his talents" to a team where he thought he could get an easy ring... only to be denied in the final game.  If the Pats had won, there is no doubt in my mind that he would have been running his mouth about it every day for the next six months.  But thank God we were spared all of that self-congratulatory douchebaggery.  Couldn't have happened to a more arrogant and more overrated jackass.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline columbear2012

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Times New Roman
« Reply #903 on: February 06, 2012, 09:47:59 PM »
As someone who stopped following the Bengals largely thanks to 'Chad being Chad', I agree!

You wanna ring, pally? You grow up, you stop the mooching off of "your adoring fans", you drop the 'OchoCinco' and  take back your real last name, and finally you know your role and shut your mouth. These things will guarantee you a winners' SB ring next time.
J.M.J. God love you!

BBC America for 'Dancing With the Stars'-
GSN for games!

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #904 on: February 07, 2012, 04:28:03 PM »
Baltimore RB Ricky Williams is retiring...again. (He retired once in '04 during a suspension and then did some time playing Candian football).

Meanwhile, the Giants had their victory parade down New York's "Canyon of Heroes."
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne