Author Topic: TPIR Salute to Firefighters this Friday 2/24  (Read 3957 times)

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: TPIR Salute to Firefighters this Friday 2/24
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 11:01:57 PM »
When I saw J's post, I thought FPG would be cancelled.

He said "now everyone will know" He means nobody else would've originally picked a certain game and he would've won FPG, but now everyone will pick it.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 11:16:14 PM »
I guarantee you, J, I would have picked that certain game even if I did not see this nice little spoilerrific video (and the only reason I watched it was for FPG purposes, as I otherwise prefer not to be spoiled), as part of my strategy has been to carry over non-quickie games that did not show up in the past week.

That, uh, might have been a hint as to what is the game in question, for anyone who didn't see the video...

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 12:42:24 AM »
...Wow, how specifically tailored to females can you get? "OH, LOOK, HOT FIREMEN!"

(Full disclaimer: I am straight.)
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 02:22:24 AM »
...Wow, how specifically tailored to females can you get? "OH, LOOK, HOT FIREMEN!"

(Full disclaimer: I am straight.)

Someone OBVIOUSLY didn't see the smokin hot FEMALE firefighter in CR

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 04:15:40 AM »
^I saw her, but that was pretty much a ten-to-one ratio.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 08:59:42 AM »
Hey, as long as she's a ten, I don't really care how many one's are surrounding her.   8)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 09:32:22 AM »
I think this move is only fair to our Canadian FPG players who don't live in a real country can't see the CBS video.

CLICK THIS LINK AND BE SPOILED.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 09:55:23 AM »
Not at all a good call there tpirfan28.  Not at all.

Offline OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 10:00:40 AM »
It's going to be all about the outcome of the first game and slotting for the second game.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 10:03:46 AM »
Not at all a good call there tpirfan28.  Not at all.
Explain.  What I am doing with that post is making an even playing field.  It's not fair that someone can't video that video because of region restrictions can't take advantage of information that literally everyone else will be using.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 10:13:21 AM »
Explain.  What I am doing with that post is making an even playing field.  It's not fair that someone can't video that video because of region restrictions can't take advantage of information that literally everyone else will be using.

It's going to be all about the outcome of the first game and slotting for the second game.

Actually, I have made a decision that makes the current video IRRELEVANT since obviously it is now out there.  This decision was made before I read OneBidTris' post and I believe is the fairest way to handle the situation.  If you are an FPG Player, you MUST READ THE INVITE THREAD for details.

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 09:44:48 PM »
Actually, I have made a decision that makes the current video IRRELEVANT since obviously it is now out there.  This decision was made before I read OneBidTris' post and I believe is the fairest way to handle the situation.  If you are an FPG Player, you MUST READ THE INVITE THREAD for details.

I was fine with tpirman's post.  I got my info.  And somehow I knew that {insert rarely played game here} would be played.  The other tidbit I was not aware of.

And I do not mind being spoiled as I expect to miss the show.

Cyclone