Author Topic: Aussie Price 2005 Finale  (Read 4781 times)

Offline allnewtpir

• In Contestant's Row
Aussie Price 2005 Finale
« on: February 27, 2012, 05:41:20 AM »

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
Re: Aussie Price 2005 Finale
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:38:12 AM »
It's always nice to see more aussie TPIR on youtube.

You can see in this episode how they butchered the half-hour format.   Just two pricing games, then spending two thirds of the air time on the SCSD (with a very loose wheel) and the showcase.   Needless to say it gets pretty monotonous when two thirds of the show are exactly the same gameplay day after day; at least with extra pricing games in an episode there is some surprise and variety from show to show.

What's even worse was that quick games like Switch were also played in this two pricing game format.   Larry was good at padding out time, spending lots of time with each contestant which is a feature of aussie game shows.

Offline shieldsy101

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 05:11:54 PM »
Did this air in 2006 or 2005, because I do remember that there were quite a few episodes left over that aired in 2006 (ironically, Larry was hosting Wheel Of Fortune on Channel 7 at the time, so he was competing against himself in the ratings). In fact, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I've got a feeling that even after Wheel Of Fortune was axed in June 2006, there was still a week of TPIR episodes still going on Channel 9.
Hurricane Microsoft - It'll make your Windows Crash
Andrew Hansen from the Chaser's War on Everything (Australian Comedy Series) discussing whether companies should brand a natural disaster

Offline robbie_the_dips

• In Contestant's Row
  • Aussie TPIR Fanatic!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 02:21:00 AM »
Did this air in 2006 or 2005, because I do remember that there were quite a few episodes left over that aired in 2006 (ironically, Larry was hosting Wheel Of Fortune on Channel 7 at the time, so he was competing against himself in the ratings). In fact, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I've got a feeling that even after Wheel Of Fortune was axed in June 2006, there was still a week of TPIR episodes still going on Channel 9.

i thought it was 2006 too, but i can't remember with any degree of certainty..

Offline theamazingracer

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 06:24:41 AM »
The hideous, HIDEOUS new set (with the showcase board that was built into the turntable and had to be covered with a board during other games) didn't help.