Author Topic: What "bad" game show hosts could have improved given time?  (Read 1887 times)

Offline James_Fabiano

• In the Audience
What "bad" game show hosts could have improved given time?
« on: December 16, 2006, 01:44:29 PM »
We all know as GS fans we can be VERY critical when a show/host tanks.  But I was wondering...were there any "unpopular" hosts that you think could have done better given more time (i.e. they worked just one season, etc. etc.)

J.
I STILL BELIEVE IN "THE PRICE IS RIGHT"

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: What "bad" game show hosts could have improved given time?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 03:47:41 PM »
I'll always remember Chuck Henry hosting Now You See It! (1989).  He was a good host, but I wish that the show iteslf lasted longer than four months.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 12:36:29 AM »
Ahmad Rashaad was starting to get it and establishing a great repoitre with Dan Daughtery when they pulled the plug on Caesar's Challenge.  More time for them--and a firm decision by the production crew over which end game to take--and they probably could have got another 3 years or so.

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 02:20:52 AM »
I honestly have not seen a whole lot of game shows that were considered "bad," so this is gonna be a stretch.

Maybe, just MAYBE, Bowzer could have improved on MG-HSH if the show lasted longer.
I support The Price is Right.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 08:38:41 PM »
Not entirely on-topic, but I thought Chuck Woolery did a surprisingly bad job of hosting Lingo for its first two or three cycles.  He obviously got a lot better.