Author Topic: 35th season Predictions?  (Read 21230 times)

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: 35th season Predictions?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 05:15:37 PM »
I agree with br.  I think raising the DSW limit to 500 is not a bad idea.  I'd like to hear your reasoning otherwise though.  I would like to see a 35th anniversary special.  That would be quite fun.  I like the idea of less Plinko, it's starting to become overplayed.  

My predictions:
More Buy or Sell.
A game will be retired in the 35th season.  I don't know which one, I'm not a psychic.  
More expensive showcases.
Less Clearance Sale.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 07:29:42 PM »
According to this pattern (1977-1000th show, 1982-2000th show, 1987-3000th show etc.) Mabye tpir will be celebrating it's 7000th show. This is just a guess.

I also like the idea of raising the dsw rule up to $500.

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 07:36:59 PM »
I highly doubt that there will be a 7000th episode in Season 35.  Why?  Because the 6000th episode was just as recent as spring 2004 (March, to be exact), and since they tape about 170 episodes each year, it's at least a couple of seasons away.  

The DSW Rule of $250 or less should stay, because we've been getting DSWs throughout the season, no matter how long it may seem to you.  As long as we score a few DSWs each season (wasn't it around 8 last season?), the rule is fine as it is.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Why people don't understand that, I'll never know.

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 07:47:08 PM »
The reason the DSW rule changed to begin with was it was one entire season without a DSW (or perhaps it was only one, I don't recall that well).  Since we have had NUMEROUS DSW's this season, there seems no reason to raise the limit.  Part of the idea of a DSW is it IS special.  Have it happen once a week or every other week, it is no longer special, and as a result, the appeal is lost.  Plus, in order to support that, the budget would need to be adjusted DOWNWARD because you are giving away more prizes.  Do we REALLY WANT more weeks of Aveo/Focus/Cobalt exclusively?  I don't...

Offline Forrest20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 08:49:40 PM »
Exactly, Futuregsh.  I can elaborate a little more on the original rule change of the DSW rule from "less than $100 away" to "$250 or less away).  The rule was changed in the beginning of Season 27 because there had been no DSW in Season 26, and only one in Season 25.  We haven't been in any sort of drought like that the past two seasons.  I'm positive that there have been at least 10 combined (if not more) in the past two seasons.  A DSW is special and does not need to happen that often.

EDIT:  There have been 5 DSW this season, and 8 last season.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 08:59:59 PM »
As I've said before, I would have no problem with possibly using a $500 DSW window for the MDS's, but not the daytime series. We're hardly hurting for DSW on the daytime show this season, why change things?

Now, if we go through another drought like seasons 25 and 26, I'd be for it. But that is hardly the case right now.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 09:45:30 PM »
tpiradam wrote:  I like the idea of less Plinko, it's starting to become overplayed.

Dude, Plinko has been played less times this year than at any time in the past decade.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 10:40:34 PM »
No need to change the DSW rule; there have been a few DSWs this season and they should remain special occasions. There are a few games that I would like to see adjusted for inflation:

* Check Game could keep the $1000 range but have it be from $6500-7500 or something like that.

* Magic Number could start on a higher number so that the contestants don't lowball it quite so much for fear that they're taking too much time. Or else the "geezmo" could go a hair faster.

* Likewise with Card Game, the starting number could be higher to prevent early bailouts.

I honestly see no need to interfere with anything else. There are always possibilities, but nothing will stop stupid playings of Ten Chances. :-D
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006, 11:17:02 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again...why does the Check Game 'purse' need to be raised?  Why do people think $5,000-$6,000 is too low?  I don't get it.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2006, 11:48:00 PM »
* Magic Number could start on a higher number so that the contestants don't lowball it quite so much for fear that they're taking too much time. Or else the "geezmo" could go a hair faster.

Add the cash bonus that's been mentioned before.  It'll tempt the contestants to set the number higher to not only win the two prizes, but also the cash amount of their number.  

* Likewise with Card Game, the starting number could be higher to prevent early bailouts.

It was just raised last season, as well as the introduction of the new special deck.  Isn't the higher starting bid, as well as the $5000 range card, generous enough already?  Smart contestants won't bailout early, and they certainly do deserve the car the most.

As for predictions...

- More crazy Friday lineups (watch for more spelling fun!)
- The same Plinko rotation we've been seeing lately
- Introduction of at least one new game
- Re-introduction of Penny Ante
- And finally, another wonderful Amazing Race!  Time to stop the clock.  :-P

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2006, 12:27:54 AM »
My Season 35 Predictions:

-Return of Penny Ante and Time is Money
-Million Dollar Spectaculars for TPIR's 35th season anniversary and Bob's 50th year on national TV.
-Grocery Game's range increased.
-Coming or Coming as well as Balance Game get played for a car for the first time.
-Safecrackers goes back to the classic reveal.
-No Pricing Games get retired

Offline nbuckler14

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006, 02:07:34 PM »
I predict a minor set change, like a "35th anniversary" added to the opening logo and to the big doors.  

And as for my "Dream Prediction" Janice and Kathleen return as permanent beauties, Rachel joins them...  And now we're back to reality...
This is Nick Buckler speaking for The Price is Right, a MARK GOODSON TELEVISION PRODUCTION!!!!  (catches breath)  Stay tuned for The Old and the Reckless on most of these CBS stations!

Offline KENYATTA

• In the Audience
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2006, 02:19:43 PM »
That did happen on the 25th anniversary special when it aired in primetime.  But I thought that one was too scripted it wasn't spontaeous like all the other daytime episodes.  But last year the 34th Season Premiere Showcase Showdown you had a showcase at $91,000+ why not top that.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2006, 02:55:13 PM »
Just being picky...

No, the Showcase had a showcase of $91,000+ ;-)

And I'm also happy with the current DSW and Check Game ranges.  There are a good amount of DSWs every season, and with Check Game isn't $5,000 to $6,000 with the prize and cash from the check a good enough amount to win already?

Offline KENYATTA

• In the Audience
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2006, 03:15:22 PM »
I WISH THEY WOULD BRING BACK SUPERBALL THAT WAS A GREAT GAME.  WHY DONT THEY CHOOSE 3 OR 4 PERMANENT BARKER'S BEAUTIES INSTEAD OF CHANGING THEM FROM WEEK TO WEEK? 8-)