Author Topic: Wrong shows airing 3/22 & 3/23  (Read 4552 times)

Offline neilrocks87

• In Contestant's Row
Wrong shows airing 3/22 & 3/23
« on: March 23, 2012, 10:13:15 PM »
MODS- PLEASE MOVE IF NECESSARY

Hi guys. I realize I am not a very credible source for info like this but I have some news regarding today's and yesterday's airings of TPIR.

A friend of mine by the name of Sheri Hall and I were both baffled by the fact that our favorite model, Rachel, was not on the shows that aired yesterday and today which, according to the airdate schedule, were taped on 2/21/2012. For those who may not know, Sheri is the admin of rachelreynoldsonline.com. Rachel approves of her site and even follows the site's twitter account. Anyway, Sheri got a message from Rachel saying that she was indeed at the shows that were taped on the aforementioned date and the shows that DID air were the shows that were taped on the days Rachel's flight from Louisiana to California was cancelled (3/12 & 3/13). It's obvious that CBS made no effort to update the airdate schedule to reflect this. We're hoping it will be modified when they make the next update which should be at the end of next week.

I wanted to bring this to everyone's attention to keep this site as accurate as possible. I will be happy to relay any messages to Sheri you may have or even answer some on my own if I can. Like I said, I know I'm not a very credible source so I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. Thank you for your time.

-Neil

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: Wrong shows airing 3/22 & 3/23
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 10:26:06 PM »
Yesterday's episode was taped on 2/21/2012 while today's episode was not. Today's was taped 3/12/2012 IIRC.

Also, why did Sheri expect Rachel to remember if she was at the 2/21 taping or not, that was over a month ago! Unless Yesterday's episode was just misinformed for no reason, it was indeed taped 2/21, although today's was not. The only reason today's was not taped 2/21 was because they had a last second decision to have some special guests in honor of a certain shows 25th Anniversary.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline neilrocks87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 10:45:04 PM »
Today's was taped 3/12/2012 IIRC.

That part makes sense

Yesterday's episode was taped on 2/21/2012

But this part doesn't.....if in fact Rachel was there like she said. So it has to be from either 3/12 or 3/13.

We're hoping it will be modified when they make the next update which should be at the end of next week.

Scratch that.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 10:46:40 PM »
Not even this updated schedule has any 3/12 out of date until next Friday, so I'm lost...

EDIT: Regular schedule @ has been updated cbs.com also. Not to hijack this thread, but yes, the 5940s and 20s are randomly flipped...
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline neilrocks87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 10:59:27 PM »
Not even this updated schedule has any 3/12 out of date until next Friday, so I'm lost...

My guess is today's show was 5905K and not 5895K. So Thursday's episode might've been either 5925K or 5931K

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 11:05:36 PM »
But 5905's supposed tapedate makes sense for a potential April Fool's...
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline neilrocks87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 11:11:32 PM »
But 5905's supposed tapedate makes sense for a potential April Fool's...

since April Fools is on a Sunday this year, they might not be doing one.

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 11:13:24 PM »
since April Fools is on a Sunday this year, they might not be doing one.
I think they are going to do one.  If they are not then the county music show would have most likely air on Friday
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.

Offline neilrocks87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 11:23:26 PM »
I think they are going to do one.  If they are not then the county music show would have most likely air on Friday

Gwen tweeted this photo on the day the county music show was taped (March 1st).

Offline spoon14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Straight outta Medellin!
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 11:23:41 PM »
Also, why did Sheri expect Rachel to remember if she was at the 2/21 taping or not, that was over a month ago!
Since Rachel has appeared in almost 90% of the episodes this season, it actually sounds plausible that she'd know something like that. She rarely misses an episode, so those may stand out in her mind. And just because Rachel knows that she was at a taping date doesn't means it's memorized. People have calendars, daily planners, etc.

Plus, two-model shows don't happen a lot. Based on tweets, there were shows taped last week (as neilrock87 noted) with just Manuela and Gwen. If the airdate is correct, that would mean two different taping weeks within a month had Manuela/Gwen two model shows. Could happen. But that would be a bit odd, so I think they might both be shows swapped from last week's tapings.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 09:36:33 AM »
The priceisright.com taping date picture part of the website confirms that Thursday's and Friday's episodes were 5894K and 5895K, but that they did indeed tape on 3/12. We move back to February tapings, oddly enough, on Monday with 5901K.

Offline neilrocks87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 03:20:34 PM »
You know, it's possible that they may have decided to change the production numbers for the show in question but was not updated on either airdate schedule. And if that's the case then I seriously made myself look like a horse's you-know-what.

Sheri told me that Rachel knows when she was at the tapings and when she wasn't and I believe her 100%. I am convinced that Thursday's and Friday's shows were taped on March 12th and 13th and NOT February 21st. If Rachel is on the shows airing on 3/30 and 4/16 then I'll know what happened.

Maybe I jumped the gun with this thread.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 07:55:30 PM »
5904K is the CMA special, airing this coming Thursday.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline spoon14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Straight outta Medellin!
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 08:46:54 PM »
You know, it's possible that they may have decided to change the production numbers for the show in question but was not updated on either airdate schedule. And if that's the case then I seriously made myself look like a horse's you-know-what.
Neil, there's no reaons you should feel the need to throw yourself on your sword. First of all, you're probably right. Your explanation makes sense. Because she tapes almost all the episodes (and probably can refer to records), it's likely Rachel would know when she taped. It's unlikely that we'd see two different taping weeks with the same two-model combo within a month. And finally, whinbaby pointed out in the episode thread that Drew said it was the day after George's birthday on the 3/22 episode. George was born on March 11, so it was almost certainly taped on March 12 (when we already know Rachel was stuck trying to get a flight rescheduled). It wouldn't make sense to refer to George's birthday just occurring for the March 22 episode if it was taped February 21.

But even assuming for the sake of argument that you're wrong, it's not the type of mistake to get bent out of shape about.

Offline neilrocks87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 10:30:13 PM »
whinbaby pointed out in the episode thread that Drew said it was the day after George's birthday on the 3/22 episode. George was born on March 11, so it was almost certainly taped on March 12 (when we already know Rachel was stuck trying to get a flight rescheduled). It wouldn't make sense to refer to George's birthday just occurring for the March 22 episode if it was taped February 21.

You make an excellent point there. I can't believe I missed that. This basically proves that both cbs.com and pir.com simply had the wrong taped dates listed for March 22 and 23. Maybe they made a last minute change....who knows. That's show biz.

Granted I prolly freaked out more than I really should've in the beginning. I think my concern for keeping this site accurate sorta took over. I think it's safe to say this crisis has been laid to rest now.

Now that we've cleared the air about that and while we're on the subject of Rachel, if anyone is a big fan of her, you're welcome to join my facebook fan group. I've been operating it for about 2 years now. I've been debating for a while on whether or not to promote it here but didn't really think it was worth it's own thread so I didn't. I guess now is as good of time as any t do it. Please join here if you're not already a member. Thank you.