Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/19/2006  (Read 11897 times)

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/19/2006
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 09:22:12 PM »

lucky Seven-I thought or was going to lose when he miss the first number by 4 nuce come back there.

in The Bag-Diana Stop at the right time if she had got I had a feeling she would have loss.

Cliff hangers-Wow I thought Maria play that sloppy nice comeback however.

One Away-When Katheryn Change the nine on the car I know she had loss.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 09:24:44 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6621

Wrappers
Ghirardelli Chocolates, and this makes four consecutive Decembers and also for the third time in 2006! - still $800
Cash - Rich told us already.
2007 Chrysler 300 Touring Sedan - $28,920

TPIR Train Depot
Hawaii's Finest Shaved Ice Machine - $3,367
highbrowfurniture.com Goetz Sofa, and the O is silent. - $3,899, and on the September 20 recap, which also has the highbrowfurniture.com Goetz Sofa, it is incorrectly listed as $3,389.
Yamaha VX110 Waverunner - $8,998

Modeling Report Card for December 19, 2006
Score to beat:  $76,378

Slam dunk!  Lanisha beats that score with $97,158!

Christmas Week 2006 (after 2 shows)
Lanisha Cole - $142,241 (20 prizes)
Gabrielle Tuite - $130,095 (21 prizes)
Rachel Reynolds - $96,020 (14 prizes)

And Lanisha has taken the lead!

Deck the halls with boughs of holly, 22 prizes (and LumaTweeze) worth lots of dough
'tis the season to be jolly, one-two-eight-nine-five, zero dollars.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 09:52:33 PM »

Lucky 7: The Uber-Expensive Mustang Convertible is finally won!!!! Way to go, Or!!!

IITB: Those last 3 bags were hard, I wanted Diana to stop at 2K.

Clock:  Bob made a good decision after uninspiring play.

Cliffy: Maria sure made Juanita from the Season 20 Premiere feel proud.

One Away: Dob sure made this one killer!!!

CoG:  Knew better that that!!

Showcases: I was hoping we would see that famous 1982 moment repeat itself, Well, Maybe next time.

A fun show.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 10:15:05 PM »
I'm still kind of in the middle on the technical win in Clock Game. She did skip 717, which is just boneheaded, but if Bob had been able to get a word in edgewise, she would have gotten it more quickly. And given that she was only four numbers away at the end and obviously going in the right direction, I can see how he'd give her the prize.

Not to mention, a technical win in Clock Game costs the show under $1,000, where the technical win in Cover Up was MUCH more expensive. It seems to be a period of technical/miracle wins in games beginning with C (although nothing unusual happened in Coming or Going...) I wonder what will happen if Check Game is played this week. :-D
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 10:31:02 PM »
How can we be so sure she wouldn't skip 799 and go straight to 800?  :lol:
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2006, 12:29:25 AM »

PriceFanArmadillo wrote:
How can we be so sure she wouldn't skip 799 and go straight to 800?  :lol:

How can we be sure she would, especially since she knew the price after the buzzer?

Oh snap!

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2006, 03:42:12 AM »
Lucky $even was nothing short of amazing.  That was easily one of the most incredible comeback wins I've ever seen on the show.  As if that weren't enough, practically the same thing happened 20 minutes later in Cliff Hangers!  Just...wow.  Absolutely amazing.

On the other hand, though...we also had It's in the Bag and Coming or Going, neither of which should have been lost today.  In both games, the entire audience was shouting the right answer, and in both games, the contestant just ignored them.  At least Diane had enough sense to stop with $4,000 so that Bag was a complete loss.

As for Clock Game...I just don't know.  I can totally understand Bob's reasoning, but...blah, there's still just something that rubbed me the wrong way about awarding the second prize.  I can't put my finger on it, but it's there nonetheless.  Oh well...it was probably the right decision, and it's not like he did it "just because," at least.

I really enjoyed the Train Depot showcase today.  I mean, Train Depot is enjoyable enough just because of the music, but the special set decorations for it were really a nice surprise.

All in all, just a really good episode.

Oh...and watching Willy in the audience is hilarious.

BobboChung wrote:

Clock Game: Another sign that Bob's going to retire soon.

Oh, that's ridiculous.  Bob's age had nothing to do with how fast Traci was bidding.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 08:12:11 AM »
Lucky 7: I thought for sure Or buried himself with that 4.  Nice comeback Win.

IITB: The last one was tough.  That $2.99 was obviously the Jelly beans.

Cliffhangers: Another comeback win, and I would have fared better on the recorder and the bank.  

One away: Tough, but the first 2 digits were 19.  Once Richard said the 7 was the second #, he was toast.

Showcases: Nice $1 bid by Richard.

Overall: A good show for Christmas week day #2.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 02:17:57 PM »
Lucky $even: The first 7 made it hard to accomplish for me. I tried using 5 cautiously, but I don't think that would work. Or played it very well compared to me.

It's In (Santa's) Bag: There was no way the Mylanta would be in the $8,000 bag. To me, that Jelly Belly bag was a little bigger than before, prompting me to use that. Too bad the audience unsuccessfully tried to talk Diane into doing that.

Clock Game: Okay. How can Traci skip $717? That kinda made me feel a little uncoordinated after that. Then it got real nice after that. It still made me make a confused face.

Cliff Hangers: Boy, I was ready to make a fall here. When it got to the hair straightener, I said $10 because it made me think about that other hair thing that was $10. But how can we go 15-30-10 here? That gave me a nice falldown.

One Away: I knew the 1 had to stay. When Richard changed it, I had that odd, mixed-up, wrong feeling. I was right on that.

Coming or Going: 6063 for a bed, any bed? That was so wrong, even the audience knew that.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2006, 03:56:20 PM »
BuddyTom wrote:Not to mention, a technical win in Clock Game costs the show under $1,000, where the technical win in Cover Up was MUCH more expensive.
I think they threw in the $1,000 bonus too.

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2006, 10:40:34 AM »
This was the show that started it out for me for Xmas week.  And what a way to start it out too.

Bag was again a winner had someone been watching the T-ster.  For some reason I could not hit one stinkin IUFB but was fairly nails when it came to GP product games this week.

I should have seen a Bag win but alas did not.

Now here's what happened with the Clock Game blooper win.  Right before the Dob went to greet the contestant's before the BW, he pulled Bob aside and they started having a conversation.  I could tell by the way the Dob's hands were moving he was talking to Bob about her being so close, about 1.5 secs away from getting to $799, that they should probably give her the stuff.  I declared as much to my seatmates that day and lookie what happened.

The Cliffy contestant got that $40 from me.  Certainly did not get $25 from me.  Chalk up two "never-before-seen-things-in-studio" today after that happened.

The "blooper win" and the "suckout win".  I really don't consider the L7 win a suckout per se.  Suckout would be having to get the last two exactly right.

No one looked to Willy for the SC bids and I honestly can't remember whether someone would have doubled or not, but for some reason that comes to mind.

Onto Wednesday!