Author Topic: Active search for new recap guide  (Read 5981 times)

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
Active search for new recap guide
« on: April 15, 2012, 09:54:56 PM »
I have decided to actively search for the next recap guide.

I still need recaps done for the following shows: April 3, April 6 and April 10. (Edit: 4/10 recapped by Seth)

I know vadernader and Roadgeek Adam posted HTML recaps of their own for April 5. I was kinda hoping April 3 and April 6 would've been done when I posted the contest. If anybody else wants to participate, they are welcome to.

The best way to get it to me would be to e-mail me the HTML code at jeff[at]reevesarmy.com.

I have decided I can no longer be the recap guide. I have other pursuits I need to move on to. As soon as I am comfortable with someone and can make the arrangements for them to take over, I will be relinquishing the role.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:47:04 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: Active search for new recap guide
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 10:04:15 PM »
I think this is for the best.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 10:08:03 PM »
As much as I would love to be able to be part of this, my busy life currently doesn't allow for it.  I do, however, have a suggestion.  Why not have a recap team rather than just 1 person doing it every single day?  There could be a standardized set of code for each aspect of the show that the team could have access to and they could follow a schedule of who gets what day.  This way 1 person doesn't have to carry the entire load all the time.  If you get a handful of people who show genuine interest, clearly demonstrate they've got the skills to pull it off, have a good reputation with this site, are able to communicate with each other, and can commit 100%, why not let them all have it?

The actual retail price is...

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 02:35:11 PM »
As much as I would love to be able to be part of this, my busy life currently doesn't allow for it.  I do, however, have a suggestion.  Why not have a recap team rather than just 1 person doing it every single day?  There could be a standardized set of code for each aspect of the show that the team could have access to and they could follow a schedule of who gets what day.  This way 1 person doesn't have to carry the entire load all the time.  If you get a handful of people who show genuine interest, clearly demonstrate they've got the skills to pull it off, have a good reputation with this site, are able to communicate with each other, and can commit 100%, why not let them all have it?

I approve of this.
Season 8 (2011-12) CSS 3rd Place

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 03:37:49 PM »
If you get a handful of people who show genuine interest, clearly demonstrate they've got the skills to pull it off, have a good reputation with this site, are able to communicate with each other, and can commit 100%, why not let them all have it?

Getting multiple people to meet all of the above very valid criteria is harder than it sounds. The more people involved in the mix the more personal variables involved (everything from work and school schedules to personal and interpersonal drama) affect the quality of recaps. It's a nice idea in theory but the practical reality is slightly more convoluted.

Also, Kitch, please check your private message box.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 04:05:59 PM »
I know at least Vader and I are both interested in the position and Vader's been generous enough to host mine for me.

One of the reasons I'm resigning from the play by play in chat is this. So that when I'm in chat, I can do it actively. I am currently eyeing a different member for what I am currently doing.

I can see mine's gone to some good use as Seth put his template together using my setup.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 04:28:43 PM »
I can see mine's gone to some good use as Seth put his template together using my setup.

And your first one was put together using my setup, which was put together using Kitch's setup :P
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 06:47:44 PM »
And your first one was put together using my setup, which was put together using Kitch's setup :P

Well yeah ain't that the truth.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 06:56:58 PM »
I'd like to submit my own version (coded completely from scratch, not using anyone else's templates), if you're willing to use it. :)

EDIT: Who should I submit it to, after today's announcement?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:00:15 PM by cu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline TPIRmaniac

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Have your human spayed or neutered.
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 09:15:07 PM »
Thank you Kitch for all your hard work. You've put in so much work, for so little thanks. With a season being around 180 episodes, and if you spent an hour for each recap, you spent over a week's worth of time just help out the community. That speaks a lot to your dedication and I thank you for it.

I think it might be hard to find someone who has the ability to commit to a 5-day a week task. I was thinking that if we could find 5 people who could commit to 1 day a week, more people would sign up for the job. For example, one person would write a recap for every monday show, one for every tuesday show, etc. That's assuming we could find 5 qualified people though who have the time to do recaps.
SummerTIME!

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 09:32:03 PM »
Read Seth's comment earlier in the thread.

Besides, I think there really needs to be one person to do recaps...seems to add an element of confusion for those doing it.

Kitch, you've done a great job. We're gonna miss you as our recap guide.

Online Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 10:11:52 PM »
Kitch, thank you for all the hard work you put in over the last few years.

Good luck in whatever avenues you continue down.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024