Author Topic: Golden Road Recap Guide Audition Week [info inside]  (Read 5987 times)

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
Golden Road Recap Guide Audition Week [info inside]
« on: April 16, 2012, 07:57:45 PM »
First of all, I'd like to sincerely thank Kitch for all of his hard work recapping the show faithfully over these past two years. I know from past and present experience just how much work goes in to a single show's recap - to do it accurately and timely for two years is an accomplishment to have great pride in.

As those of you who read Kitch' last recap (4/16) are aware, Kitch is moving on to other endeavors in life, and I've agreed to step in temporarily and provide the site's recaps for the time being. Due to my own personal schedule this isn't a long term option. I don't have the schedule availability to be Recap Guide long term. For the remainder of the week, I'll be providing recaps of the show.  A single recap usually takes anywhere from 1-2 hours to complete (ideally), and while I have the time now, most likely in the fall I won't have the spare 5-10 hours to devote to it.

So, we're hiring. If you think you have what it takes to recap the show on a daily basis, and you're interested in becoming a member of the site's staff, then this is your chance. Next week (4/23-4/27), I will be leaving the recaps open to anyone who wants to post their take on the day's show. A thread will be posted each day, same as now, and anyone who wants to try their hand at recapping is more than welcome to submit a recap for that day.  HTML posting is in the process of being enabled for all users in the recap forum only during the trial period - no webspace needed. Just post your recap in each of next week's threads.  If you want to do a recap similar in style to Kitch or myself, go for it. If you want to try your own style, by all means! .

Recaps should be easy to read, easy to understand. AS a guide, they SHOULD contain:information:
*Episode number, airdate, and tape date [all provided on CBS.com]
*Contestants in proper order relative to Contestant's Row Order
*Relevant information on the prizes provided by announcers in the prize copy
*Full gameplay results
*Information on who modeled that day, and which prizes they modeled
*Fully tracked winnings on all six contestants to make their way on stage, including IUFB and SCSD wins
*Info rundown of all prizes on offer in each segment (one-bids, grocery prices, small prizes, medium prizes, trips, cars, cash, etc.)
*Whether games were won or lost
*Information on all spins in a showcase showdown, including spinoffs and bonuses
*Total winnings for the day
*Articulate grammar and proper spelling

Things that should not be featured in a recap:
*How YOU would have bid on an item or prize.
*Outright derision of any contestants, on-air talent or production staff.  Regardless of your personal feelings towards any of the above, taking potshots at them in a recap is unprofessional and unneeded.
*Unreadable fonts or styling elements
*Shorthand language and jargon unfamiliar to the average reader.

Also, while they may be featured as attachments or supplements, your primary recap can NOT be a Document, Powerpoint, Excel, Video, etc. file - the primary recap needs to be text based. This makes recap data infinitely more searchable for future research and use.

Recapping is a job that requires a decent amount of time input. In order to accurately gauge both ability to recap the show, and willingness to put in the time in a daily grind, please submit at least *three* recaps next week. Recaps will be judged for style, accuracy, readability, and overall content.

Also: By default, the Recap Guide is given Moderator access to the Recap subforums. As a result, prospective candidates WILL be evaluated by the site's staff for the maturity needed to successfully moderate an active forum. Also, having the initiative to have done a recap during Kitch's first audition has definitely been noted.

If anyone has any questions or feedback, please PM me or e-mail me at seth.thrasher@gmail.com - all feedback and input will be considered and appreciated.

Thanks again to Kitch for all of his hard work the past two years, and thanks to anyone willing to step up and try their hand at this responsibility.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:12:55 PM by Seth »

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
Re: Golden Road Recap Guide Audition Week [info inside]
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 11:08:53 PM »
You definitely described it better than I ever could.
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 12:18:02 PM »
I'm pleased this morning to announce vadernader as Golden-Road.net's newest recap guide!

Online Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 12:33:16 PM »
Congratulations Vader. :-)
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 02:20:48 PM »
Congratulations Vader.  :-)
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 02:21:34 PM »
Not much of a surprise, since he was the only one to submit all recaps last week.

Congrats. :)

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 09:21:36 PM »
Congrats Vader.
I support The Price is Right.