Author Topic: CSS Results for May 22  (Read 5029 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for May 22
« on: May 22, 2006, 01:37:56 PM »
A fairly good day overall, despite two rather random showcases. I think we've started to get used to those Yamaha Waverunners, and I'm quite sure that was a Hi-Lo 17' trailer, but Rich never actually said the brand on the air. Naturally, a couple of overbids, one by only $135, and one foul. There were also a lot of very close bids; it only took $100 or less to determine placements in several cases.

I think we need to find a Grey Ear Remedy for the people who forget to click it. It's not contagious! :-D

Noteworthy today: BuddyTom crosses the $500K mark in money score for the season.

STAGE PLAYER would have had the worst overbid of the season if they could have actually bid $150,000 (on a TRAILER?)

Oh yes, and PriceFan985 doubled on the trailer, picking up the cash, the points, and his 13th win this season, leaving him only one win away from tying FPGWillyT for most wins this season!

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for May 22, 2006
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: CSS Results for May 22
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 02:26:33 PM »
Wow, so NCC wasn't the only one to save me from Ludwig getting money. Nice job (as always), PF985!

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 02:52:40 PM »
Man, after everyone declared their bids I was sure I had won at least some money.  But, people covered me on both.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 03:10:48 PM »
Man, I've really hit 'self-destruct' mode, haven't I?

Even when I make good bids, I can't score points!  What's wrong with me?  :-x
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 03:44:15 PM »
I'm going to champion Armadillo's cause, just this once, and say that we give him the points.  He was out last week when the new foul rule was instituted, and as a regular Season 34 player who did not have the same opportunities to become accustomed to the rule that the rest of you did…I think a little slack is in order.  :)

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 04:21:33 PM »
I actually disagree...I was here when the rule was created two weeks ago (just not when it was first enforced a week ago), and I should have learned my lesson two weeks ago when I caused the one-week 'amnesty period' by doing the exact same thing.  I broke the rule, I knew it was there, I deserve a zero today.

...of course, I wouldn't argue if a benevolent CSS dictator decided to overturn his decision.  :-)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 12:54:02 AM »
After carefully considering the situation, given that Marc has championed the cause of PriceFanArmadillo's FOUL, I have decided to give him some credit for today. However, the "no grey ear" penalty is that instead of receiving the 91.15 points he earned, he will get the mean average of the raw point scores for today (that is, without the DSW) which is 80.43 (I know the spreadsheet below is wrong, but I had calculated that number without the stage player, or some such idiotic mistake). I hope that this is satisfactory to all parties; I had to make an executive decision, and here it is.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 01:04:11 AM »
Can I please have some tomatoes thrown at Heels for just ASSUMING there is just NO possible way I myself will get money the next few days?  I am getting a smidgen huffy about this :)  Yes, I may be a resident garfer-- I am also the only person ( unless I  am badly mistaken ) to get 2 DSWs on consecutive days this year. :)  ( I am also the only weirdo to  win one showcase on one day while having the worse non-over bid on the other as well If I am not mistaken about that, too. :) )

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 10:54:33 AM »
You are mistaken...985 got three(?) doubles on consecutive days not two weeks ago.

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 04:27:03 PM »
Don't get too discouraged if heels overtakes you, Ludwig.  As of Tuesday, you're only .08 behind garffreak for the last points playoff spot.

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 05:50:19 PM »
sorry didnt remember985s three dbls.. gosh i am THAT far behind that I am not IN the last points play off spot with all the money people ahead of me already in? :)

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 05:55:29 PM »
Yep Jordan is right... 12th place.. 3 money folk ahead of me.. gotcha :) .. well i shall keep being safe when there is a question ( how many times do we have to remind ourself Ashley is NOT splendido )  or a FR thing ( trailer, boat, enigmatic cruise.. hehe ) :)