Author Topic: Leslie Crowther  (Read 3453 times)

Offline WildDuck

• Outside in Line
Leslie Crowther
« on: April 29, 2012, 09:20:46 AM »

I came across this rather odd clip - Leslie Crowther calling down two hostesses for a somewhat smutty game...

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Re: Leslie Crowther
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 10:19:03 AM »
The full Christmas tape was already posted, but thank you for a copy of just the Price segment.

As I had said in that topic, I admire Crowther's professional attitude about the whole matter, as if this were completely normal (not unlike that of Noel Edmonds and the Comic Relief game of Deal Or No Deal with Nan, which had no vulgarity other than Nan's swearing). As a result, it feels rather bizarre.

Most American game shows have not done this sort of thing -- I am only aware of Name That Tune (1977), High Rollers (1988), and to a lesser extent The Challengers (1991). The closest thing the American Price has gotten to this was the "drunk" episode in 1982, but it is considerably tamer and less politically incorrect by comparison.

(Oh, and by the way -- I see what you did there.)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 10:23:23 AM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline WildDuck

• Outside in Line
Re: Leslie Crowther
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 10:36:22 AM »
Sorry, didn't spot that it had been posted elsewhere. I like the bit where Crowther turns away so that nobody can see him giving the girls the answer - we can hear it, though!