Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 4/30/2012  (Read 17565 times)

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 4/30/2012
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 06:39:11 PM »
I will declare Range Game a technical win because Erin's choice was close enough.
reported, mt0708.  Nice try.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 07:07:57 PM »
He's been back for quite a while. Maybe he'll finally be back in banville. ;)

Offline Luke Stenftenagel

• Outside in Line
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 07:48:07 PM »
Sorry to be off-topic about this episode, but next Monday I will be taking a break from this board. I will be on a campout and won't be able to post anything due to lack of Internet service there. I will return on Wednesday.

Offline Snuffleupagus

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 07:51:14 PM »
Luke/mt0708, shut up. A loss is a loss and you can do nothing to change it.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 07:56:42 PM »
Sorry to be off-topic about this episode, but next Monday I will be taking a break from this board. I will be on a campout and won't be able to post anything due to lack of Internet service there. I will return on Wednesday.

Good. Please go get lost in the woods.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 08:08:42 PM »
Now see Vader, why can't the arrivals and departures of our Recap Guides occur on good shows?

In any case, it was so delightful to finally get another playing of Pay The Rent where a contestant didn't put the cheapest item in the mailbox. Unfortunately, Alka-Seltzer has spread to Pay the Rent. So the clear bailout to those who have been paying attention these past few weeks turns into a legitimate "He Wins" for the audience. I tell you, Alka-Seltzer is on a GP games tour. It's next appearance will be in Rat Race where it will campaign for Mitt Romney.

Push Over was not supposed to be lost. She was so close.

Any Number was just tough. Oh well.

The Discovery of Alka-Seltzer
INT. Mike Richard's Office
Adam rushes in out of breath.
Mike: What's wrong?
Adam holds up a box of Alka Seltzer.
Adam: I just found this at the store on the way here. Guess how much it costs.
Mike takes the box from Adam and observes it closely.
Mike: I don't understand what's so special about it, looks like it is six ninety nine.
Adam: Four twenty-two.
Mike: Don't lie to me Adam.
Adam: No lie.
Mike: Oh...my...god.
Mike holds box of Alka Seltzer towards the ceiling, chorus of Angels sing.
FADE TO BLACK
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline supersaver87

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 08:50:22 PM »
The Discovery of Alka-Seltzer
INT. Mike Richard's Office
Adam rushes in out of breath.
Mike: What's wrong?
Adam holds up a box of Alka Seltzer.
Adam: I just found this at the store on the way here. Guess how much it costs.
Mike takes the box from Adam and observes it closely.
Mike: I don't understand what's so special about it, looks like it is six ninety nine.
Adam: Four twenty-two.
Mike: Don't lie to me Adam.
Adam: No lie.
Mike: Oh...my...god.
Mike holds box of Alka Seltzer towards the ceiling, chorus of Angels sing.
FADE TO BLACK

I laughed so hard at this. XD

I was so convinced Kevin had won too...oh well.

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 09:11:36 PM »
*puts on gas mask*

Kevin at least tried to play the game properly, ignoring the folks in the gallery clamoring for Twinkies in the mailbox. Unfortunately, the prices below the attic just didn't pan out the right way, and to make it worse, the Alka-Seltzer of Doom showed up to ensure a full loss.

That said, a tip for anyone unlucky enough to have to play this game: if both items on the second floor are more expensive than both items on the first floor, you don't have the right combination; bail.

Push Over was semi-tough, but it could have been the one to save us from the skunk; no idea why she let the Peanut Gallery talk her into stopping early.

Fake El Cheapo in Money Game? Mike is on to us... Also, not sure why she thought the Dodge Challenger might be $34K...

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2012, 09:21:05 PM »
*puts on gas mask*

Kevin at least tried to play the game properly, ignoring the folks in the gallery clamoring for Twinkies in the mailbox. Unfortunately, the prices below the attic just didn't pan out the right way, and to make it worse, the Alka-Seltzer of Doom showed up to ensure a full loss.

That said, a tip for anyone unlucky enough to have to play this game: if both items on the second floor are more expensive than both items on the first floor, you don't have the right combination; bail.

Push Over was semi-tough, but it could have been the one to save us from the skunk; no idea why she let the Peanut Gallery talk her into stopping early.

Fake El Cheapo in Money Game? Mike is on to us... Also, not sure why she thought the Dodge Challenger might be $34K...

Uh, the MG car was a '12 Chrysler 200 LX, NOT a Challenger.

Offline JerseyBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 09:33:49 PM »
Uh, the MG car was a '12 Chrysler 200 LX, NOT a Challenger.

Even more reason not to select the "34."  My first choice would have been the "20" since, I believe, the least expensive Chrysler 200 available is the $19,995 one that has been on the show several times and the "8" as the hundreds digit ruled out "19."

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 09:36:42 PM »
Even more reason not to select the "34."  My first choice would have been the "20" since, I believe, the least expensive Chrysler 200 available is the $19,995 one that has been on the show several times and the "8" as the hundreds digit ruled out "19."

Actually, "Price's" base ARP for said car's $19,745 (even though it's now $19,845).

Offline JerseyBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 09:40:33 PM »
Actually, "Price's" base ARP for said car's $19,745 (even though it's now $19,845).

I stand corrected, however, my flawed thinking still gave me the right first two digits.   :-D

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 10:51:52 PM »
Something that I noticed - have the CNAOS prizes been eliminated?  There was no segment today, which is not something new (it has been edited out in the past).  However, the manufacturers have been mentioned in the credits on the past shows, while they were nowhere to be found today. 

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 11:28:03 PM »
Good. Please go get lost in the woods.

A bit harsh eh?

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 11:59:21 PM »
Something that I noticed - have the CNAOS prizes been eliminated?  There was no segment today, which is not something new (it has been edited out in the past).  However, the manufacturers have been mentioned in the credits on the past shows, while they were nowhere to be found today.
Time constraints, probably.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html