Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/22/2006  (Read 19630 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/22/2006
« on: May 22, 2006, 01:57:22 PM »
Production #3631K - Taped May 9, 2006

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: left to right
Handoff: Rachel

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite
Wearing: Carabella

1  (Craftsman) 10HP Riding Lawn Mower (G)
ANNE MARIE 1299   SANDRA *689   RUTH 1100   ANTHONY 1  ($980)

Sandra plays 1/2 OFF

(Cooks) 4-Slice Toaster   $50             BOXES IN PLAY
(Presto) Salad Shooter     23  $46  *   1 4 6 7 9 12 14 15

CD Player                   9   18  *
Ice Cream Sphere           29           1 7 12 15

(Quick Sort) Coin Sorter   60
8 hr Voice Recorder        29   58  *   12 15

Pick:  (15)  EMPTY
Stash: (12)  LOSS

ABOUT THAT ONE BID: First, all four players came from the East Wing - how
often does that happen? And B: Anthony ground the show to an absolute halt. Pay
attention, boy!

2  Danby Silhouette 51-Bottle Wine Coller (L&R)
+Anne Marie *752   GILBERT 1199   +Ruth 750   +Anthony 751   ($999)

Anne Marie plays HOLE IN ONE (or two) for a Pontiac Grand Prix (Std., V6, AT,
RKE)(G)($22,990)

(6) Purina Cat Chow (box)  $1.59
(5) Tums Smoothies (60)     3.99
(4) Gold Bond Powder       >8.99<
(3) Space Bag (Large)       5.99
(1) Clorox Bath Wand
(2) Capzasin P

Bob's "Inspiration Putt": perfect.
Anne Marie's Putt(s) from Line 3: pushed right, twice.   LOSS

3  Midway Space Invaders/Qix Video Game (R + G w/a kitty)
ABBY 1100   Gilbert *1400   +Ruth 1   +Anthony 2   ($3195)
                          STUPID BID

Gilbert from Florida, age 75 on the day they taped this epic, plays RANGE GAME
for a Sohmer Upright Piano (L)

Scale:   $5300-5900
Range:   $5487-5637
Price:   $5590   WIN!

SHOWDOWN #1
$  999   Anne Marie   85 stay   .85   Through to Showcase Round
 1,241   Sandra       80 + 85    OV  
 8,785   Gilbert      40 + 20   .60

4  Schwinn His/Her Bicycles (G&L)
Abby 800   BONNIE 675   +Ruth 700   +Anthony 701   OVERBID
     420          645        *590            450   ($640)

Ruth, presumably from North Carolina, plays BARGAIN BAR

Corsican Signet Cradle (R)       PICK   $1375   $3375   $2000   WIN!
(Sony) 42" Projection HDTV (L)          $ 999   $2499   $1500

5  Ricardo Del Mar 4-pc Luggage Set/Garlique Supplement (R-aboard "Little Toot")
Abby 475   Bonnie 650   COSETTA 850   +Anthony *851   ($900)

Anthony, the last of the "First Four", plays ANY NUMBER

Picks: 0 9 5 6 8 7
Pontiac Vibe (Std., AT, App., AirBag, ALB, BlkHtr, Prot)(L)   $2 0,- 6 -   ($20,261)
Farberware Cookware (G)                                           $5 8 7   LOSS
That Damned Piggy Bank                                            $9.- -   (   9.43)

6  Pulaski Carlton Manor Writing Desk (G)
Abby *1100   Bonnie 1300   Cosetta 1301   MICHAEL 800   ($1197)

Abby, who graduated from Central Methodist, plays ONE WRONG PRICE for three trips...

Dallas (6n @ Adolphus)(R)          $2850   5632
Boston (6n @ Colonnade)(L)          5096
Chicago (6n @ Sheraton)(G)   PICK   3216   3216   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2
$1,197   Abby     100       1.00  *$1000*  Bonus 5  *$5000*   Through to SC Round
 1,527   Anthony    5 + 80   .85
 6,514   Ruth      20 + 50   .70

Ruth: Puny 1st Spin, twice; Faller 1st time; Bob-aided thereafter

SHOWCASE ROUND
Abby has the honor.

SC1-Anne-Marie   Motorized Treadmill
BID   $21,000   (Parabody) Home Gym
PRICE    22,794   Fitnexx V70 Exercise Bike (L)
DIFF    -1.794   2 Yamaha VX110 Waverunners (R)
TOTAL   $23,793

SC2-Abby      Mahogony Frame Mirror (G)
BID   $15,000   QCA Ruby Spa (R)
PRICE    24,535   (HI-Lo) 17' Telescoping Travel Trailer (L)
DIFF    -9,535
TOTAL   $ 7,197

Today's Pricing Games: 2 for 6
Total Winnings: $49,057

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/22/2006
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 01:59:37 PM »
Half Off- That was perfect playing on Sandra's part. On the hand that was one loss, that was hard to swallow.

Hole In One Or Two- Ouch!

Range Game- Gilbert played that very perfectly. Couldn't have done any better.

Barker Bargain- I thought that Ruth had lost when she choose the cradle . I was wrong.

Any Number- Was it just me or was Anthony a little dull. Anyway he didn't seem to be exitced about the car. I'm some what glad that he didn't win the car.

One wrong price- The moment that Abby choose Chicago as the wrong price I had a feeling she had lost.

Offline LadySlugma

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 02:06:14 PM »
Half-Off: Argh, I don't think I've seen this game won yet. (I started watching in February)  What's worse is that she nailed the pricing portion and just guessed the wrong box.

Hole In One: I'm surprised she didn't try to do much to correct her second putt after pushing the first to the right.

Range Game: Gilbert certainly was enthusiastic about being on-stage, and I think everyone in the audience was very excited when he won.  A very nice win.

SCSD1: Once again, I'm convinced that the wheel is trying to pick all the contestants I don't want to see in the showcase.  :-P

Any Number: Anthony kind of looked confused throughout the show, but I did enjoy his excited "I won the cookware?" after he lost the car.

One Wrong Price: Wow, OWP in all three doors for three trips!  Very cool.  The setup was pretty tough, though.  Dallas was the most expensive?  I wouldn't have expected it to be more than Boston, using the farthest away from LA rule.

SCSD2: It was kind of disappointing to see Abby win $6,000 with her weak spins that only barely got all the way around.  It would have been much more enjoyable to see Anthony win with his huge spin.  Too bad.

Showcases: That was really strange that the camera was focused on Anne-Marie and then moved over to Abby after the first showcase.  A $150,000 bid?  Yikes.  I wish Bob had tried to let her bid that much.  That being said, once I knew Anne-Marie hadn't gone over, I was certain she would win.  I don't know if $15,000 would have covered the trailer by itself.

Overall: I wish we could've seen more of Gilbert, as he was definitely the most enjoyable contestant of the day.  But it was a nice lineup to start the week.

Online Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 02:06:19 PM »
Who else picked box twelve in ½ Off?

You know, from my angle preception, it looked like Anne-Marie should have moved the ball to the left to center it up.  It still looked out of line after she moved it around.

Yes!  Range Game was revealed before the prize!

Barker's Bargain Bar was pretty tough.  I never would have picked the cradle over the TV.

Wow, they used all three doors to play One Wrong Price for three trips.

Speaing of One Wrong Price, Dallas didn't look incorrectly prices as much as Boston did.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline WilliamPorygon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 02:11:52 PM »
Our local station (WROC) goofed and started playing one of the local ads in the middle of the First Four calldown... fortunately they got it straightened out in a matter of seconds. :)

Half-Off:  Too bad. :(  It would have played exactly the same way had I been up there.

Hole in One had a somewhat tough setup, I doubt many "normal" viewers would have known how expensive the Gold Bond is.

Also I was a bit shocked at this point, only two games in and already the SP and GP have been played!

I was surprised to see OWP for trips, I thought it was going to be Most Expensive again.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 02:13:03 PM »
IUFB #1: A few more Anthonys, and I'm going to start drinking in the morning. Ugh!

1/2 Off: Can't play the SP any better.. What a painful loss.

Hole In One: Should've stuck with your original placement of the Space Bag, Anne-Marie... :-?

Those putts weren't terrible, but if she had hit the first one as hard as the second, it may have banked in.. D'OH!

And that's now four straight for Bob.. Uh oh.. Bobby learned how to putt!

IUFB #3: It's a freaking arcade game! Ruth and Anthony thought it would be less than $1,100?!

Range Game: $5,590! $5,590! Yeah, that's where to stop it, Gilbert.. Good job. We finally have a winner!

Bargain Bar: It's a good thing Ruth didn't listen to the audience on this one.. I would've also gone with the crib, thinking it was over $3,000...

Any Number: The second I saw this was one of the more expensive Vibes (ie. when the first number was revealed to be a 2), this would've been insanely easy for me.. I'd seen that particular Vibe enough to know it was $20,261..

One Wrong Price: Wow, OWP for three trips!? Sweet.. Though, not exactly an easy playing.. I was also thinking of picking Dallas myself, but wasn't totally sure about Boston (though I knew Chicago's price was right).

Showdown #2: A little more ooomph, Abby, and we'd have had another $11,000 winner... Almost.

Showcases: It was nice to see a contestant not grossly underbid on the Waverunner(s) showcase for once... $21,000 wasn't bad at all... I would've gone $22,500 myself...

Abby, though? Oh, dear... First she says $150,000?! Then says $15,000?! For a showcase with that 17 foot trailer? Not bloody likely... While my own bid was too high ($25,500), Abby's wasn't even close.. The only way she would've won that is if Anne-Marie overestimated the price of that gym equipment - which obviously didn't happen.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 02:20:29 PM »
Monday, May 22, 2006

Bidding Round #1- That was hilarious. Who expected him to say that? Also... NICE SHIRT, RUTH! :-)

Hole In One- Well, she tried her best. I mean, these aren't professional putters, these are regular people. For the record, though, I'd dominate this game. ;-)

Bidding Round #4- #212, Bonnie! :-D

Showcase- $150,000?! They would've had to bring out the MDS podiums!

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Anne-Marie, but Ruth gets a honorable mention because of her awesome shirt.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Another average show today. It was okay, but nothing really spectacular... Grade: 2

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 02:36:36 PM »
All right show.  Anne-Marie and Gilbert were pretty fun.

You know, I didn't think Roger would try One Wrong Price for trips again... I mean, we know how he felt about it, and it was lost last season... but still, yay!  And yay for using all three doors!

One Wrong Price seemed like a 50/50 shot today.  Both Dallas and Chicago looked too cheap.  I would have won simply because I know that the show has used lots of surprisingly cheap trips to Chicago before.

It seemed like there was confusion with One Wrong Price.  The camera was switching between a slightly-different-from-usual camera angle and the camera angle that's usually used when Bob and the contestant don't go anywhere, which as we find out, looks really weird for Most Expensive/One Wrong Price for three trips.

Yay!  They showed Range Game before the prize today!  Intenionally, even!

How the heck was Barker's Bargain Bar won?!  The TV was just screaming to be picked... yet was completely wrong!

Considering how often Fortune Hunter was played in the first slot, I'm surprised Half Off isn't played first more often.

Has anyone noticed that Roger seems to like leaving boxes 1, 4, 6, 7, 9, 12, 14, and 15 after the first removal?  Seems to be his favorite pattern.

And Maddy, I know you've forgiven contestants for asking for the bids before, since it's hard to hear... but I don't suppose there's a good excuse for Anthony not paying attention, and waiting a few minutes before finally asking :-P.

Did anyone else think the first showcase ended rather abruptly?

sternal wrote:  Half Off- That was perfect playing on Sandra's part. On the hand that was one loss, that was hard to swallow.

That happens a lot.  It really shouldn't be hard to swallow by now.

sternal wrote:  Range Game- Gilbert played that very perfectly. Couldn't have done any better.

How exactly did he play very perfectly?  I mean, isn't it played perfectly every time it's won?  How did he play extra perfectly?

sternal wrote:  Any Number- Was it just me or was Anthony a little dull.

It was just you.  Anthony may have been many things, but "dull" isn't one of them.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 02:43:24 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown (Range Game).

½ Off -- 3:16
Hole in One... or Two -- 5:13
Range Game -- 1:58
Barker's Bargain Bar -- 1:17
Any Number -- 2:32
One Wrong Price -- 2:12

Today's playing of Hole in One... or Two was tied for the ninth longest pricing game of the season.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 02:48:14 PM »
Half Off: Darn it. The player got past the tough third set of items, yet still lost. Too bad.

Hole in One: Another tough loss. Both putts were so close!
What's more heartbreaking was that if she had stuck with her first instinct on the storage bags on line #3, she might have won! Darn.

Range Game: Easy.

BBB: I would not have won. The TV was the more logical choice, and I was shocked the player won.

Any Number: When Adam said 0, I had a bad feeling he would not win the car, since there were 0, 1, 2 in the price, and not too many people go for them, unless it was a $20K+ car. He should have gone for 1, 2, and 3 right away.

One Wrong Price: What a nice surprise- this played for three trips! Too bad it was lost, as Dallas was most obviously wrong.

SSD2: Another surprise- $6,000 won here!

Showcases: Abby took a good risk by bidding $15,000 on the trailer showcase, thinking Anne-Marie was over (and it was possible, though showcases with waverunners have been known to be expensive). Too bad it didn't work out, but thanks to the Big Wheel, she didn't leave totally empty handed.

Overall: There were a few surprises. but today's show was still fairly boring thanks to many losses.

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 02:50:52 PM »
1/2 Off: OUCH!!! Nailed the pricing portion, but stll lost. That's a bummer.

Hole in One...or Two: Another Ouch. Pulls the ball to the right twice.

Range Game: Nice win!

Bargain Bar: I thought she lost, but I was wrong.

Any Number: Tough loss. At least he didn't win the piggy bank.

One Wrong Price: I was figuring on Dallas. Awesome set-up using all the doors.

SCSD 2: Abby lucked out twice. Thought she didn't get it all the way around. She managed to win $6,000.

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 02:50:53 PM »
1/2 Off:  That's as painful as it gets.

Hole in One:  Ditto.

It was incredibly cool to see OWP for three trips behind all three doors.  First time ever that way, I believe.

Frank15 wrote:
Did anyone else think the first showcase ended rather abruptly?

Nah.  Two Waverunners did it for me.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 03:13:08 PM »

Frank15 wrote:
And Maddy, I know you've forgiven contestants for asking for the bids before, since it's hard to hear... but I don't suppose there's a good excuse for Anthony not paying attention, and waiting a few minutes before finally asking :-P.

My problem with Anthony was that it was clearly a case of not paying attention. Yes, it's hard to hear bids in there, but it was the fact he had his back turned to Bob, ignored Bob the first few times he tried to get his attention, THEN after waiting about 15 seconds "Uhh, what was the highest bid?"

Had Anthony been facing Bob and asked the second it was his turn, I would've chalked it up as "Okay, Anthony couldn't hear. Fair enough."

But that clearly wasn't the case here...  :-?

BobboChung wrote:
Showcases: Abby took a good risk by bidding $15,000 on the trailer showcase, thinking Anne-Marie was over (and it was possible, though showcases with waverunners have been known to be expensive). Too bad it didn't work out, but thanks to the Big Wheel, she didn't leave totally empty handed.

I honestly don't think Abby knew what she was doing, to be honest with you. First she says "$150,000", then drops to $15,000? Besides, I think if she thought Anne-Marie was over, she would've just bid $1.

I don't think Abby had a clue what the showcase cost.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 03:30:25 PM »

Frank15 wrote:

One Wrong Price seemed like a 50/50 shot today.  Both Dallas and Chicago looked too cheap.  I would have won simply because I know that the show has used lots of surprisingly cheap trips to Chicago before.

Really?  Maybe it's just because I'm from Illinois, but I knew there was absolutely no way Chicago's price was wrong.  I personally thought it was 50/50 between Dallas and Boston.

Frank15 wrote:
How the heck was Barker's Bargain Bar won?!  The TV was just screaming to be picked... yet was completely wrong!

As opposed to being partially wrong?  Isn't the wrong pick in Bargain Bar always completely wrong??  :-P
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 03:41:18 PM »
One Bid #1: 1st 4 from the east section?  Interesting!
 My, Anthony?  This is my main problem: seeing them take literally a long time, the stall, then bid.

Half Off-FIRST?!?!  CSTD!  Ow, it seem's were in a winnings slump.  At least she nailed all 3 picks correctly.

Hole in one:  It looked tricky to me at 1st.  Then once the 8.99 was revealed, I knew the $500 bonus was out the window.  

Range Game: Gilbert was a fun contestant, and I enjoyed him more when he won that piano.

Any Number: As odd as it seems, I was actually glad to see him win the cookware after stalling for "37 hours" in contestant's row.

One right Price: For trips?!?!  WOW!  I would never have thought dallas was wrong.  I was thinking Chicago.

Showcases: I would have bid $23,000 to be on the safe side.  No way $15,000 was close.

Overall: A good show as we continue down the stretch.