Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 5/11/2012  (Read 30280 times)

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
TPiR Recap - 5/11/2012
« on: May 11, 2012, 02:06:34 PM »
The Price is Right Recap - 5/11/2012

Episode #5965K (Couples Price VIII - Mother's Day 2012)
Aired: 5/11/2012; Tape Date 4/23/2012
Models: Gwendolyn Osborne, Rachel Reynolds, Amber Lancaster, Florence Henderson, Johannes Brugger
Drew Entrance: Door #2
Mic Handoff: Gwendolyn
First Four Contestant Seating: Right to Left

Moms listed first at all times.

First IUFB: Pair of iPads (16GB WiFi With Smart Covers; ARP: $1,076) (TPiR Helicopter)

PATRICIA
ABBY
LAURA
NIKKI
EMILY
VIRGIL
MICHELLE
EMILY
WINNER
$1650 $1000 $1500 $1299 LAURA
NIKKI

Laura and Nikki are playing It's In The Bag! (Florence and Johannes)
TAG $1.19 $16.07 $3.99 $4.95 $2.49 LEFTOVER
CHOICE Kleenex Tissues Starbucks Coffee Espresso Roast (12) Hershey's Miniatures Candy (Bag) Emerald Mixed Nuts ACT Mouthwash Allegra-D 24 Hour Allergy (24ct)
ACTUAL Kleenex Tissues Allegra-D 24 Hour Allergy (24ct) Hershey's Miniatures Candy (Bag) Starbucks Coffee Espresso Roast (12) Emerald Mixed Nuts ACT Mouthwash
DECISION GO ON LOSS

Second IUFB: Pair of Digital Cameras + Shutterfly 26 Piece Package (Nikon 12.1MP; ARP: $1,598) (Amber)

Patricia
Abby
SHARICE
RYAN
Emily
Virgil
Michelle
Emily
WINNER
$650 $1200 $1300 $599 EMILY
VIRGIL

Emily and Virgil are playing Coming or Going for a trip to New York. (RT Coach LA To New York 4n @ Marriott Marquis, Christo Haircut/Styling) (Rachel)

7 1 2 6
ARP: $7,126
*WIN*

Third IUFB: Flowers for a Year (1-800-Flowers.com; ARP: $700) (Gwendolyn, Kenny, and Malloy)

Patricia
Abby
Sharice
Ryan
SARAH
LYNN
Michelle
Emily
WINNER
$550 $525 $423 $599 MICHELLE
EMILY

Michelle and Emily, both from Texas, are playing Lucky $even for a Ford Escape XLT 4dr (2.5L, A/T, Sirius) (Florence and Johannes)

CHOICE -- 3 7 8 5 TERIFFIC!
ARP 2 5 4 9 5 $25,495
LEFT 7 5 2 1 1 *WIN*

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Laura
Nikki
$1,076 20 40 60
Emily
Virgil
$8,724 30 40 70
Michelle
Emily
$26,195 45 55 *$1,000*

Bonus...

Contestant Winnings Spin Result
Michelle
Emily
$27,195 90 *SHOWCASE*

Fourth IUFB: Pair of 32" LED-LCD HDTV's + Classic TV Shows on DVD (ARP: $1,287) (Florence and Johannes)

Patricia
Abby
Sharice
Ryan
Sarah
Lynn
DONNA
DONA
WINNER
$1500 $1200 $1 $2200 SHARICE
RYAN

Sharice and Ryan are playing Secret "X" for Maid Service (The Maids) And Organic Groceries for a Year (Total ARP: $7,486) (Amber)

ITEMS (Gwendolyn) CHOICES GUESS ARP RESULT
Moen Balance Assist Bar $15 $48 $15 $15 WRONG
3 Cup Food Processor $40 $65 $40 $40 Bottom Left

Free X on Upper Right.

X X

X    

LOSS

Fifth IUFB: Pair of Cell Phones (Nokia Lumia710, 2GB + 1000 Shared Min Calling Plan; ARP: $1,900) (George)

Patricia
Abby
DEBBIE
BRYAN
Sarah
Lynn
Donna
Dona
WINNER
$1 $1800 $1200 $1600 DEBBIE
BRYAN

Debbie and Bryan are playing One Wrong Price.

LG Washer/Dryer (Gwen and Malloy) $1211 $2698
14kt White Gold Necklace (1.5kt Diamonds, 2.25kt Sapphire) (Florence) $3068 $3068
Dell Desktop Computer (500GB HDD) (Johannes) $1199 $1199

Total won: *$6,965*

Not much luck for Patricia and Abby today.

Sixth IUFB: His-and-Hers Tom Ford Sunglasses (ARP: $755) (Florence and Johannes)

Patricia
Abby
FERRIS
JOE
Sarah
Lynn
Donna
Dona
WINNER
$727 $600 $726 $575 PATRICIA
ABBY

Patricia and Abby escape! and are playing Money Game for a Mini Cooper Hardtop (RKE, DSC, Front/Rear Floor Mats) (Rachel and Amber)

85 40 54
79 95 30
22 23 24

Middle Digit: 1

PICK NUMBER DISPLAY
1 24 $
2 30 BACK
3 23 $
4 22 FRONT
WIN

ARP: $22,130
Money won: $47

I guess it doesn't matter HOW you win as long as you DO win....

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Sharice
Ryan
$1,327 15 35 50
Debbie
Bryan
$8,865 45 35 80
Patricia
Abby
$22,932 60 40 *$1,000*

Bonus...

Contestant Winnings Spin Result
Patricia
Abby
$23,932 45 *SHOWCASE*

SHOWCASE ROUND
Michelle and Emily have the honor...

SC1 - PATRICIA AND ABBY 3 VACATIONS TRIPS
BID: $36,000 Ojai, CA (RT Limo for 4, 3n The Oaks at Ojai) (Gwen, Rachel, and Amber)
St. Lucia (RT Coach for 4, 6n 1br Ocean-View Suite Morgan Bay St. Lucia) (Gwen, Kenny, and Malloy)
Venice, Italy (RT Coach for 2, 6n Lagoon Facing Room in a Deluxe Hotel,Gondola Ride, Dinner for 2) (Gwen and Kenny)
ARP: $28,957
DIFF: OVER
LOSS $23,932
SC2 - MICHELLE AND EMILY A FLORENCE HENDERSON SHOWCASE LEXUS
BID: $38,675 6 Pairs of Michael Kors Shoes (Florence)
Lexus IS250C Convertible (A/T, Navigation System, Heated & Ventilated Front Seats, High Intensity Discharge Headlamps, Preferred Accessory Package)
ARP: $49,419
DIFF: $10,744
*WIN* $76,614

Show Results: 4 out of 6
Total Winnings: $120,538

THIS RECAP IS THE PRODUCED SOLELY FOR GOLDEN-ROAD.NET
UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION OR EXHIBITION IS PROHIBITED

PRODUCED BY VADERNADER
TEMPLATES BY KITCH

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:21:44 PM by vadernader »
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: TPiR Recap - 5/11/2012
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 02:15:15 PM »
First things first... if anyone was confused about Drew's "rugged" comment in L7...

[youtube=480,295]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=566C0Y7b8hU[/youtube]

...yes, they had to edit this out because of the other crap going on in the first half. Now this show did turn out pretty damn good - car sweep, pretty fair setups, didn't mind stuff surrounding Gwen at all and Kenny did SC1 nicely... but you had to get by Bag, which was a real trainwreck. Bad gameplay aside... seriously, a Mr. Eyecandy, really? Not even a mention of who he is at all. This is why guests infiltrating PGs really needs to die out, just have Florence present SC2 (properly introduced, that was weird how she just started right away) and get rid of Mr. Eyecandy, who didn't even know the Ford Escape on neutral does need to be braked. They are lucky Bag had its shortest playing or I bet major complaints would have come out of the editing on this one - even with the crash edited out, L7 timed out to about the average 10C playing.

Only other thing was X... I am glad it isn't predictably middle anymore. But boy, it's just one of those hold-em-up bars, there shouldn't have been any confusion there.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 02:16:58 PM »
A decent special show today with 4/6, 2 $1,000 wins on the wheel and a great L7 win. We could have done without Johannes, I think, the games and contestants are the real "eye candy" of TPIR in my opinion. Didn't mind Florence Henderson though.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 02:18:47 PM »
IITB: NOT played well at all.

CoG: A toss-up, but at least the NYC trip was won.

L7: By far, the easiest playing of the season to date! Too bad Johannes' car wreck's relegated to YouTube...

SX: I don't quite understand how the first SP was missed instead of the second one.

OWP: I would've lost w/ the jewelry; I personally thought it was cheaper.

MG: A fair setup, but it was won backwards anyway!

SCSDs: HOW ABOUT THIS- BOTH OF TODAY'S CAR-WINNING TEAMS WON $1K!!!

Showcases: When The Grosses made their bid on the Michael Kors shoes for a year/Lexus convertible Showcase, I KNEW THEY WERE GOING TO BE THE SECOND-BIGGEST WINNERS THIS WEEK!!!!! IMHO, this was the best week of "Price" this season, but this definitely wasn't my week for predicting where a previously won PG car would appear during the credits, as I got all three of my predictions wrong:

Monday: Sonata behind Door #3 w/ The Big Wheel in the background (Actual location: Door #2 w/ the BMW 128i; no TBW reappearance whatsoever)
Yesterday: Tacoma behind Door #2 w/ the Bayliner Bowrider (Actual location: Door #1)
Today: Escape behind Door #2 to replace the trip monitors (Actual location: Door #1)

I have NO confidence about next week's episodes, but as we've seen recently, anything can happen.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 03:47:21 PM »
This show was actually a really good one, but probably not for the reasons they thought it was. It was nice to have the spirit of Mother's Day in the air, and who could think of a more perfect guest for this day than Flo, but they were overused, especially the dumb inclusion of "Mr. Eyecandy". And having a guest drive the L7 car probably isn't the greatest idea, as you saw. :) Still, this show was great because the mothers got their day and the setups were actually very fair. I wish they could be like this on every special show. Bag was still pretty hard, but it was really the only hard game of the day so that's fine. L7's easiness in particular came out of nowhere - was nice to see even that easy setup turn dramatic with a gutsy "8" on the 4th number.

You know, if you're going to bother to bring Bargain Game back, you should maybe not start off by giving it a 2 week break....

Mike really got burned in the SCs today by that willy on the trips. If the budget appears demolished in the future, we can definitely blame the three 22k+ cars all won on this show! Still, cool to see a couple get two cars the hard way!

I do like getting the models' families involved in the show when appropriate, like today. It leads to the feeling of TPIR being a big family that was lost in the later Barker days. And Kenny isn't all that bad at showcase announcing, either! I thought the showcases were both presented well today (although that 2nd SC really needed a third prize).

Timings:
It's In The Bag (6.5) - 5:57
Coming Or Going (3.5) - 3:22
Lucky $even (4.5) - 5:48
Secret X (4.5) - 4:11
One Wrong Price (3.5) - 3:23
Money Game (4.5) - 3:48
Total (27): 25:29

Offline billiamk

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 04:05:26 PM »
And now Drew's constant talking about how "rugged" the SUV is makes total sense.
Insert witty and/or creative signature here

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 04:17:19 PM »
Nice dramatic win in Lucky $even today, and I always like it when someone, inadvertently or otherwise, gets the last two digits in Money Game correct first.  :-)

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 06:13:22 PM »
Today's show had alot of wins today. I hope it don't affect the budget mode for next week. And we coulda had a 5 for 6 show had Sharice and Ryan got both GP's right.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 06:59:14 PM »
Well, this is a first: A holiday-themed show that's actually...........................good .

It's In The Bag: Did Laura and Nikki really think that a bag of Starbucks coffee was gonna cost $16.00? :roll: Best they got bumped by a dime on the big wheel from Emily and Virgil for that boneheaded move. Speaking of Emily and Virgil.................

Coming or Going: That was well-played!

Lucky Seven: Michelle and Emily finally picked 5 as the last number...........Hallelujah!!  :-D And not only that, they also won $1000 on the big wheel and a Lexus on their showcase!

Secret X: Seems a little mean to put the secret X on top, but that's just me. If Sharice and Ryan got that balance bar right, then they might had a chance.

OWP: I thought it was cute for Gwen to let her son model on the washer and dryer. Good thing Debbie and Bryan picked that for the win!

Money Game: Well, here's something that I thought was new: Patricia and Abby picked the back numbers (30) first and getting right............Then getting the front numbers (22) right, too! Unfortunately, they didn't win their SC, but they did got $1000 on the wheel.

When it comes to holiday shows, they tend to be nothing more than Mike's way to screw contestants over and makes it totally lame and boring at the same time.............Not today.

Despite 2 losses, today was pretty enjoyable and it was good that Florence Henderson (Carol Brady) was the guest today! However, ANOTHER male model??? Seriously, Mike? I'm willing to let the heavy rotation of Daniel Goddard slide, but Mike...............come on. Still, a great way to end the week!

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:04:11 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 07:35:33 PM »
Would anyone have been shocked with the placement of Wesson oil on any of the grocery item games today

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 07:41:27 PM »
There really something wrong with the show when the funniest moment of the day, and a potential all-timer, needs to be edited out. 

Love Gwen's son asking "how do they win?".  Sometimes we ask the same thing, kid.

Was anyone else totally disturbed by Florence modeling groceries during It's in the Bag?

I think I bought one of those claw-gloves at Halloween Adventure last year.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 07:44:37 PM »
It's In The Bag:  Not very well played.  I can't remember the last time someone got the second bag wrong.
Coming Or Going, One Wrong Price:  Nice wins! :-)
Lucky Seven:  What a great win! :biggrin:  I thought for sure Michelle & Emily were gonna lose when they said 5 for the last number because car prices don't end with a 5 too often anymore.
Secret X:  Evil IMO.
Money Game:  An unusual win, but a nice one! :-)

Good end to the week, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 07:44:57 PM »
Not a valid youtube URL [/youtube]

Offline noahproblem

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 08:17:59 PM »
Congrats to Gwendolyn, Kenny and Malloy on their soon-to-be addition to their family  :-D

In Money Game, was anybody else rooting for Patricia and Abby to pick 95 (for the extra money) before picking the 22?
So this is the "get off of my lawn" stage of my life.  I'm not impressed.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 08:37:56 PM »
I forgot that Sunday is Mother's Day.  No wonder my mother called me earlier this week, hinting about wanting a Baskin-Robbins ice cream cake.  But if she wants an ice cream cake from me, she'll have to wait until after my birthday.  I'm off to Ohio tomorrow morning and I'm not coming back to Kentucky until Thursday.

I know Starbucks is overpriced, but I knew it wasn't gonna be that overpriced.  I think Nikki and Lora may be the first contestants in a long time not to think that allergy relief was the most expensive product on the counter.

Were there enough cameos in this episode?  Florence, Kenny, Kenny and Gwennie's son, and this Johannes guy I've never heard of.  It's not as bad as Daniel Goddard or Jack Wagner, but too many cooks do spoil the broth.

I cannot believe that Lucky $even was actually winnable today.

I cannot believe that Double Prices has been absent for two consecutive weeks.

It doesn't happen very often, but that's certainly one way to win Money Game.

My showcase bids:
Tripcase--$22,107
Lexus--$40,107
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16