Author Topic: America's Got Talent 2012  (Read 579 times)

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
America's Got Talent 2012
« on: May 14, 2012, 11:47:42 PM »
What are your thoughts so far?

Howard: Hmmm. I'll have to see how it goes along. I think when the circumstances are right, he's a good fit, he comes up with good lines and zings, but I don't know if he can bring quite the same vibe that Piers brought.
Talent: Seemed like we showed less of it than usual over two hours, however, there are a couple great acts, the Earth Harp I found amazing.
Production: As I said, less acts per two hours it seems which...I don't know, focuses on some acts but something about it seems...off. The different filming techniques seem like they're trying to give it a different look, which isn't necessarily better or worse than the other one, but somewhat confuses me.

One other thing, before people put Light Wire Theatre as the odds on favorite....I don't know. Something about seemed...not as good as Team iLuminate or Fighting Gravity. It still should make the top 40, arguably even top 20 or top 10, but something about it seems like to me like it can't win.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:54:11 PM by UniquePerspective »
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: America's Got Talent 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 12:02:49 AM »
There seems to be an awful lot more filler this season than previous seasons...there was a LOT of focus being made on Howard Stern. I watched the show tape-delayed one hour on my DVR...and by 10:00, I had almost caught up to the live broadcast after fast-forwarding through the commercials and a lot of the filler.  I know that Snapple is a show sponsor now (really...Snapple?), but that whole blue-room segment seemed completely unnecessary.

...oh, the talent. Not a lot impressed me, to be totally honest...of course, we didn't really see a lot of it either. Seems a lot more had been bunched together in montages, with mostly (you guessed it) Howard's comments left in. The Earth Harp was really cool, and definitely seemed the most Vegas-ready of any of the acts tonight (add a few more instruments and a stage show behind it and it could totally work), though the iLuminate-knockoff act was pretty cool too.

Howard actually reminded me of Piers at times...he's not afraid to say what he thinks. Of course, I still don't understand why Piers gave up AGT for his crappy low-rated CNN show...but oh well.  As mentioned, there was an awful lot of focus being made on Howard versus the talent, though...this needs to end, and fast.

The new opening titles looked really cool, especially in HD. The new opening theme, however, is absolutely abysmal. Dunno why Cowell insisted the show needed so much change...it was fine as it was. At least they remixed the AGT theme instead of using the inferior British one. I was relieved to see that the set stayed largely unchanged (the added LEDs are totally pointless, though)...when it was announced that the show was receiving a major makeover, I fully expected to see the crappy, over-the-top British set.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 12:56:33 AM »
Enjoy watching AGT, Jordan, I bet it will be full of surprises this season with Howard Stern in Piers' old chair

In related news, our "Talent" show here in Canada crowned its first winner, a native dance troupe from Manitoba
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 01:58:32 PM »
My only logical guess as to why Piers gave up AGT for his crappy low-rated CNN show is so he could focus all his efforts on making his CNN show not-so-crappy and trying to post significantly better Nielsen numbers...