Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 5/28/2012  (Read 23829 times)

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
Re: TPiR Recap - 5/28/2012
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2012, 03:06:57 PM »
Nah, not quite. Shows are new through Monday, June 18; then Tuesday, June 19 is a make good on the episode that got pre-empted by an Obama press conference in October. THEN we're in summer reruns, aside from a July 4 episode and a Back To School episode that will presumably air in late August. So 16 more shows before we hit the rerun season.
However, it all depends on what episodes we'll see in the rerun season.

I know it's late but I will say that finally More or Less was won..............But Mike was devious on Money Game (El Cheapo picked but it wasn't the winning number).

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2012, 04:06:15 PM »
Did I miss something? I didn't see where the drivers training would have to take place before the end of the school year. Or that it would have to take place during school hours or necessitate cancellation of an entire school day.
The description sounded like the training and concert would be done the same day to "your school". I suppose it could be done after school hours, but some kids have a job or somesuch.

And I wonder...what if the winner was not enrolled in high school?

I like the concept of a show where people under 18 are allowed to play and win. I don't get why parental-final-decision-making-authority has to be such a big S&P issue, as it apparently is, since Wheel and Jeopardy! have done kid/teen shows frequently, with minors playing on their own.
Wheel has not done anything for kids since Wheel 2000 flopped. The minimum age for Teen Week is 13, but you must also be enrolled in high school (which may have been the case on Price). By comparison, Wheel 2000 had a minimum age of 10.

Of course, said version also had a pathetic budget and a policy of "Do not open the bonus envelope if the puzzle is not solved."
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:09:00 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Mewtwo

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2012, 11:01:43 AM »
Quote from: GuyWithFace
Wheel has not done anything for kids since Wheel 2000 flopped. The minimum age for Teen Week is 13, but you must also be enrolled in high school (which may have been the case on Price). By comparison, Wheel 2000 had a minimum age of 10.

Of course, said version also had a pathetic budget and a policy of "Do not open the bonus envelope if the puzzle is not solved."

Ugh, you reminded me that that piece of crap existed.  When the "prize" space on the wheel consisted of a Game Boy Pocket that had a worth of <$100, you knew it was going to be bad.

The only time I'll watch a kids' version of a regular game show is when the kids get at least the same payoff that the adults do.

Offline magic#92

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2012, 02:36:48 AM »
This show was better than I thought it would be.  The CR setup was cute, but a bit silly.  I thought the lineup was a bit boring; an SP/car game would have been nice.

Money Game - That was an interesting setup with the fake El Cheapo and the choices for the first two numbers being so far apart.  I don't remember seeing that car graphic before, either.

Pick a Number - Easy!

Check Out - What a tough setup!  The ice cream looked much larger during the GP description than it actually was; I was playing along at home and overpriced it by a few dollars.

-Range: Plainly terrible, they were lucky to even be close. That has to be the lowest setup ever.
I seem to recall a lower setup from last season, in which the price was within the first $150.

More or Less - Andrew really knew his stuff.  Nice win.

That's Too Much - Bah.

SCs:
Car - $22,100
Truck - $25,100
This is Wilford Brimley reminding you to help control your diabeetus.  Check your blood sugar and check it often.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2012, 10:26:54 PM »
I seem to recall a lower setup from last season, in which the price was within the first $150.

It was actually the season premiere of this year, and it can be seen here.

It remains the only setup to date where the contestant could have won by pushing the button as soon as the range began moving.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline magic#92

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2012, 10:49:26 AM »
That's the one!  I was sure someone would find it.
This is Wilford Brimley reminding you to help control your diabeetus.  Check your blood sugar and check it often.