Author Topic: 27 years ago today  (Read 2537 times)

Offline MannyCav

• Walking the Golden Road
  • My forum signature vanished. PM if you have info.
    • Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions>—This is my Play-Asia affiliate link for video game shopping.
Re: 27 years ago today
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 07:42:09 PM »
To those complaining about the content of Out In Left Field, I direct your attention to the ongoing discussion in this thread regarding games. There, I was only addressing and focusing on the issue of game threads hogging the top of the discussion space, but prizes22 in this post makes a great point that my idea of making a separate forum or sub-forum for games could be extended to these other types of threads that members get tired of seeing. These types of threads don't have to go, but they don't have to be a problem at the same type, either. In that topic, with regards to games, Seth says, "Any forum game that fails to meet certain activity thresholds will be locked in order to free up room for more active discussions." We can free up room for more active discussions quickly with better categorization so people can easily find what they want to see without seeing a bunch of stuff that makes it slightly less convenient. I'd also like to point out that if posts don't count and if there are no other more important or different types of threads to bump over, then bumping topics wouldn't be as much of a problem, so locking threads wouldn't be as much worth discussing as it is now, and wouldn't requires several lines to explain the posting and locking rules regulating the games that explain their own rules. As an example, an anniversary thread could be made, then it would be just as valid the next year. I feel like my valid game show-related question here is getting somewhat swamped by more popular trends here.

In other words, those that do want their games and other kinds of threads which appear to be commonly belittled here can have them, and those that don't want them taking up space in Out In Left Field don't have to put up with them. Everyone wins and gets what they want, no matter who they are, and bumping an old topic isn't as much of an issue, either, which also removes the need for a lot of red tape.

Speaking of shuttles, isn't a Columbia anniversary oncoming, as well?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:52:39 PM by MannyCav »
b]*This signature has been removed by an anonymous admin without sending me a full copy of the signature, pointing out what was in rules violation, or an explanation or message to me of any kind. Answers to this mystery would be appreciated. Feel free to PM me.*[/b]

Offline MannyCav

• Walking the Golden Road
  • My forum signature vanished. PM if you have info.
    • Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions>—This is my Play-Asia affiliate link for video game shopping.
Re: 27 years ago today
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 05:02:19 PM »
Yes, today does, in fact, mark the 10th anniversary of the Columbia disaster. It never occurred to me that the two space shuttle disasters occurred on close to the same date, even if not close to same year. May the intrepid spirit of their crews live on in this present generation.
b]*This signature has been removed by an anonymous admin without sending me a full copy of the signature, pointing out what was in rules violation, or an explanation or message to me of any kind. Answers to this mystery would be appreciated. Feel free to PM me.*[/b]