Poll

Which game show host do you like more?

Alex Trebek
13 (40.6%)
Pat Sajak
19 (59.4%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Pat Sajak or Alex Trebek  (Read 1988 times)

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
Pat Sajak or Alex Trebek
« on: January 31, 2013, 11:31:46 PM »
I don't know, I like both of them quite a bit.

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
Re: Pat Sajak or Alex Trebek
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 11:52:05 PM »
I really like them both, but I voted for and prefer (slightly) Pat. He seems to have a better sense of humor than Alex, and I love his interactions with Vanna at the end of each episode of Wheel of Fortune.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 06:20:55 AM »
Hard to say, as in my opinion both are not as good now as they were ten or twenty years ago. In their heyday, I would have chosen Sajak.

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 04:23:50 PM »
Tough to say, but I chose Trebek simply because he's a fellow Canadian.  :oldlol:

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 09:47:04 PM »
I'm not crazy about either one of them: they're both perfect fits for the games they host, but I just don't watch those games that much. I suppose if I had to choose, it'd be Sajak because he seems slightly more personable.

They're both great at what they do...I just generally watch something else when they happen to be doing it. :)
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 10:46:08 AM »
Boy, only 2 choices. I do like Alex Trebek because he has hosted other TV game shows besides J!, like "Classic Concentration", "To Tell The Truth" and "Battlestars", and let's not forget the 70s version of "High Rollers"!

But then again Pat Sajak does a really good job of hosting Wheel. I like seeing him talking with Vanna at the end of each show. I'd go with Pat.

Offline WheelzVatcher

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 12:17:08 PM »
I personally like Pat Sajak more because he's really funny and witty. Contestants are nervous but his humor is appropriate and is always at the right time. But in my opinion it seems like just an act, he doesn't interact with the studio audience and he seems fairly serious off-camera. Yet as soon as the camera is on he lights up! Regardless, Pat's humor has made for some good memories and his chemistry with Vanna cannot be compared.

I like Alex too and he's had some funny moments too but the format of Jeopardy is too strict to allow Alex to show much of his personality. But I do know he does have a funny side to him and I praise him for how much he interacts with the audience.

Offline WooWho

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 1/20/2010
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 02:59:38 PM »
Maybe I'm a little biased because I actually met him, but I like Alex better.  Yeah, Jeopardy! doesn't allow him to be terribly humorous, but boy does he have a wicked sense of humor.  If you ever sit in the audience, Alex's answers to the audience questions alone are worth it.

Some people who were on the same week I was still vividly recall the time he pretended to pistol-whip a kid with a banana after he visited us in the green room before the show--he shows up in a t-shirt and jeans, and we're all taken aback because we're so used to seeing him in a suit and tie on the show.  So said kid calls out to him as he's leaving, "Be in a suit!"  Trebek comes running back into the room, holding his breakfast like a gun and says, "WHO SAID, 'BE IN A SUIT'?"  Left us all in stitches.  (We were all 10-12 years old and a little starstruck, what do you want?)

Offline WheelzVatcher

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 07:40:39 PM »
For those of you who have been to a taping you'll know they draw for door prizes usually during the last break before Final Jeopardy on the Wednesday and Friday shows. Alex is talking to a member of the crew on stage with his back to the audience. Johnny is calling out the ticket numbers, mine gets called, and I let out a high pitch squeal. Alex turns around and says "Did I just hear a girl scream?" My mom says "Oh sorry that was my son. He just won the prize" and Alex replies "You must be very proud ma'am" and the audience laughed.