Author Topic: Wheel of fortune 30th season  (Read 9269 times)

Offline WheelzVatcher

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Wheel of fortune 30th season
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 11:00:29 PM »
Jeopardy has so little change compared to Wheel's. It seems like sets and minor dollar value changes are all you could say about Jeopardy. Wheel on the other hand...

Offline Borusa

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2012, 12:27:48 AM »
I imagine Jeopardy's current set will remain the same for a couple more years. Jeopardy has been known for its longetivity of the sets (except for the season 1 set).

Offline John92

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2012, 08:28:51 AM »
Things that I would love to see for Season 30:

* First week should be retro week.
* Increase maximum non-special amount to $1,000.  Have minimum $300 in round 1/2, $400 in round 3, and $500 in round 4+.
* Up the Mystery Round to $15K.
* Get rid of the flat $1,000 extra for the speed-up round.  Instead, have a 2x-5x multiplier for every wedge except $5000, which is fixed at 2x multiply.
* Since they've only given away the million once, have a tournament of champions, which invites the best players back throughout the 30 year history.  The winner of the tournament will play a $1M bonus round (if they lose, they'll still win $100,000).
* Bring back the three best players from each week on Fridays. 
* Instead of reruns from Season 29, have reruns throughout the 30 year history air on Saturdays.

I disagree on some of those.

Mystery Round: A Prize worth around $10,000. Notice the $10k in cash replaced the $10,000 space on the wheel sandwiched between two bankrupts.

Speed Up Round: Excluding the amounts in the four figures, the values ($500-$900) add a one. Bankrupts and Loose A Turns would turn into $2,500 and $3,500 respectively. Free Play turns into $2,000.

Tournament of Champions: If they would to have a tournament of champions, it would be just a $100,000 prize. The Million Dollar wedge should be hard no matter what!

1. Land on the MDW sandwiched between two bankrupts.
2. Call a correct letter. (MDW becomes a regular cash value on wheel when done)
3. Solve the puzzle in that round.
4. Avoid the infamous Bankrupt wedge for the remainder of the game
5. When the speed-up bell sounds, the MDW is automatically safe. It cannot be lost!
6. 1 and 24 chance of the Million (envenlope replaces one of the $100k envelopes)

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2012, 01:39:54 PM »
Mystery Round: A Prize worth around $10,000. Notice the $10k in cash replaced the $10,000 space on the wheel sandwiched between two bankrupts.
No, the Bankrupt/$10,000/Bankrupt was replaced by the Million-Dollar Wedge in September 2008; the Mystery Wedge became $10,000 cash three years earlier.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline godgundam10

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 07:39:09 AM »
The changes to the show for Season 30 don't have to be too big. But with inflation the way it is, I think the wheel needs an upgrade. I think it's time that the $1,000 and $1,500 spaces make a comeback. Also, the top dollar amounts can stay the same, but maybe they can replace the $3,500 space in Round 3 with $4,000(doesn't need to be there in two rounds). The Jackpot Round should move back to Round 2 and the Mystery Round back to Round 3. I also think that vowels now cost $500 and the $1,000 toss up should be dropped. And get rid of the damn Bankrupt next to the top dollar amount. Two Bankrupts on the wheel throughout the game is fine, but there doesn't have to be one next to the top amount in every single bloody round. I have some other ideas as well and I mentioned them in the video I did awhile back. Maybe I should repost it?

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012, 01:45:51 AM »
The Jackpot Round should move back to Round 2 and the Mystery Round back to Round 3. ... And get rid of the damn Bankrupt next to the top dollar amount. Two Bankrupts on the wheel throughout the game is fine, but there doesn't have to be one next to the top amount in every single bloody round.
Jackpot was moved to Round 1, and the top values put adjacent to Bankrupt, for budgetary reasons; I see no sign of this changing.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 03:08:54 PM »
Here are my ideas (copied from my post on the Wheel of Fortune Lovers Forum):

* No more Toss-Ups

* No more theme weeks

* Top Dollar Values are $2500-$5000-$7500-$10000

* Vowels are $500

* Wheel templates are changes after round 2 and 3 with the 1986 colors returning

* Lowest value is still $300, but appears a total of 5 times on all four wheels. Not including the sole $300 in round 2 being covered by a prize in round 2, and one of the $300s being covered by a prize in round 4.

* Prize Puzzle, Mystery Round, Gift Tags, 1/2 Kia Tags are all retired.

* Jackpot returns to Round 3 but if a different format: The Jackpot starts at $5000 and increases by $1000 every day until won, and it is claimed and won like a prize.

* The Free Spin Token returns to Rounds 1 and 2 with the token placed over a random amount, with that amount being awarded per letter as well as the Free Spin.

* The Wild Card will be on the wheel for Rounds 1-3 and will be placed over a $400 with that amount being awarded per letter as well as the Wild Card.

* A new prize will be placed on the wheel for rounds 2 and 4 with the prize only being available for that round (unless there are more that 4 rounds).

* The practice of only having a specific category only once per game will be abandoned.

* *Some* bonus categories will return with a bonus of $2500 and it will be available to all contestants (as was the case before 1995).

* Regular categories will also occasionally have bonuses attatched to them, but not regularly.

* The contestants will have a three-day returning champion limit.

* The bonus round will now offer four bonus prizes as well as cash. The layout of the bonus wheel is as followed:

(These prizes are just examples)

(2) $25,000
(2) $30,000
(2) $35,000
(2) $40,000
(2) $45,000
(2) $50,000
(1) $65,000
(1) $75,000
(1) $85,000
(1) $100,000
(2) Cadillac CTS
(2) Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
(2) Diamond Earrings
(2) Winnebago Trailer

If a contestant wins a prize, it is replaced with two $25,000 envelopes if that contestant returns. If another prize is won, it is replaced with $30,000, and if another, it is replaced with $35,000. This only applies if the contestant returns to the bonus round the next day.

The One Million Dollars will still replace the $100,000 if a contestant makes it to the bonus round with it.

The only "theme" week that would remain is Big Money week and for that week the Big Money wedge would return on the wheel for round 3. It's values will be $5000, $7500, $10,000, $25,000, Lose a Turn, and Bankrupt. The values will be won the same way they were in the first week of season 25, with BIG MONEY appearing on the contestants scoreboard and it being won like a prize (NOT put in the bank and able to be spent on vowels). The wedge would be worth a regular $1000 after the Big Money is won.

Also during Big Money week, one of the $25,000 envelopes in the bonus round will be replaces with a $250,000 envelope.

There would be two Big Money weeks per season, one towards the end of Fall, and the other in the middle of spring.
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012, 08:41:23 PM »
Honestly, the chances are slim to none.

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2013, 07:00:25 PM »
I know I'm bumping this but this is useful info.

For those living in New York or the surrounding areas and planning on traveling to NYC, ticket's for Wheel of Fortune at Madison Square Garden are going out this Monday, Feb. 4th.

Link: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=resources/tv_listings&id=8667313